Digital Art Zone

24 of 65
GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5!  See why you should do it today!
Posted: 22 August 2012 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 346 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2011-09-04
namffuak - 16 August 2012 04:47 PM
mardook - 16 August 2012 04:43 PM

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before but for those that purchased Daz Pro or variations of it prior to it being offered free of charge, will they be getting this new version free or at a discounted price?

I reset my download - and it’s there.

I’m making the assume that “Genesis Starter Essentials 1.3” is the default content. I’ve also got both 4.5.x and 4.0.3.x in the download queue.

I did not see an answer.  I believe that the new release of 4.5 does NOT have any content like the 4.03 version.  So where do I get the content or is the Genesis starter essentials 1.3 the default content?

Posted: 22 August 2012 06:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 347 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15922
Joined  2003-10-09

Genesis starter essentials is indeed the default content.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 22 August 2012 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 348 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2005-10-21
LeggyBlond - 22 August 2012 03:48 AM
islandgurl31 - 21 August 2012 10:22 AM

From what I am reading in “LeggyBlond’s” post I think she has DS4 Advanced and not DS4 Pro. If she has DS4 Advanced can she reset her downloads and will it be 4.5 pro or still advanced? If not does she have to go to the store and add the DS4 Pro to her shopping cart since it is free? Dang I hope I am making sense…lol. That might be what she is confused about and if I am wrong I apologize for jumping the g*n grin.

Yes I do have DS4 Advanced and I reset both the ‘Daz Studio 4’ and the ‘Daz Studio Advanced Upgrade’  and I then get in my Downloads from any of the related Dowload files….........Version 4.0.3.47.

Judging by what I have read here it may very well be that because I have Advanced as opposed to Pro,  I have to go through some convoluted download process but only if it’s a Thursday. the Sun is rising in the North and I’m dancing around a Fairy Cake.

JHC!....It’s simple!...put the Update in our downloads and send a simple mail informing us…that is most definitely not ROCKET SCIENCE!

You were given the answer I think in the post above yours:

Kerya - 22 August 2012 01:50 AM
LeggyBlond - 21 August 2012 02:06 AM

I’m Blond so please forgive me for the following Dumb Questions:-

I have Daz Studio 4 Advanced plus most all of the Genesis Extras (V5/M5 etc)

1.  Is DS 4.5 an version update or is it an Upgrade which has to be paid for?
2.  Assuming it’s an update, do I have to also download the ‘DAZ Studio 4 Advanced Upgrade’ file again?
3.  Do all my Genesis extras also have to be reset and downloaded?

As you have Advanced, you need to go to the store and “buy” the Pro version:
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/software/daz-studio-4/daz-studio-4-pro
It’s free.

Signature 

May I be excused? My brain is full….... tongue wink
My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 22 August 2012 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 349 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2004-03-03
Jaderail - 21 August 2012 08:29 PM

Hold it. You can collide clothing with a Shell?

Yes - the shell is selectable in the Collision Item setting.

So if I’m getting poke through on my Genesis I could create a shell and have the item collide with the shell. Possibly fixing the poke through? Or should I try the new PokeAway first? If I knew how to find it or use it That is.

Yes, I would suppose it could be used for that.

I imagine different people will come up with all sorts of different and inventive uses for the shell. For myself, all my initial thoughts were to do with having a second surface above the main one that can have completely different mterials applied to it, and uses that can be put to.

Note that in the parameters pane for the Geometry shell you can turn the visibility of different parts of the shell off by body part, surface, or a combination of the two, and you can also use transparency maps of course.

My first thought was as in my previous post: with human figures you can put transmapped body hair, close croped beards or stubble, water droplets, dirt etc on the shell, and adjust how far above the figure’s skin they are. In many cases it can be simpler and produce better results than just using the LIE or Ubersurface2 to layer the hair, water droplet, dirt etc onto the skin texture surface.

My second thought was that for assorted fantasy, horror or scifi images one could apply the UberArea light to a geometry shell round a figure or prop to have a figure or a prop like a sword producing an even colored glow even though the surface of the figure or prop is textured with varying maps and colors over its own surface.

My third thought was a Star Trek one. In Star Trek, starships have been shown with two different types of shields. Most commonly, In TNG, DS9 and VOY, they have had simple elliptical shields surrounding the ship, and that can easily be simulated with a primitive round the ship which one can then texture with a transparency map to show a phaser/disruptor/plasma weapon strike on the shield at some point, with the glow of the energy of the strike over part of the primitive’s surface. But sometimes - especially in some of the movies, and in effect in ENT with the polarised hull plating - the shields haven’t been an even ellipse, but rather what some call ‘comformal shields’ where the shield surface is only a meter or two outside the hull, and follows the exact shape of the hull. For conformal shields in a Star Trek space combat render (or any other SciFi that has that kind of shielding) one only has to create a geometry shell on the ship, dial out an appropriate mesh offset, and there you have the conformal shield surface which you can texture so that the energy round the phaser/disruptor beam point of impact flows round the hull shape below.

Whatever the primary intended use for the geometry shell the DAZ designers may have had, I’m quite sure users will come up with many, many inventive uses for it. Even if it doesn’t quite have the abilities some may want it to have for whatever first use for it occurs to them, it’s certainly quite useable as it is for many other uses.

Posted: 22 August 2012 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 350 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  605
Joined  2003-10-09

Before I spend hours downloading…

What version is the current Daz Studio executible?

I am currently running 4.5.0.49 and was unaware of any new updates.

Ironically I spent last night downloading the latest version of Reality (2.5) and LuxRender (1.0) to be able to get right to work this morning. And now I find that Reality needs DS 4.5.0.114. Which I now need to download on my cellphone.

Signature 

My Gallery

Posted: 22 August 2012 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 351 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  176
Joined  2006-04-15

DS 4.5.0.114 is the latest build.

Posted: 22 August 2012 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 352 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Where was that announced? I can’t find version numbers on the website anywhere.

And which of these is the executible package and which is the content?
DAZ Studio 4.0.3.x 64-bit - exe - pc
DAZ Studio 4.5.x 64-bit - exe - pc

Or is one of those the old version that got populated into my available downloads for some reason?

And what is the the file sizes on these so that I know if its even possible for me to download them right now?

Could DAZ make this any more complicated? Is it even possible?

Signature 

My Gallery

Posted: 22 August 2012 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 353 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  543
Joined  2011-04-12

You want DAZ Studio 4.5.x 64-bit - exe - pc.

The other one is the old version.  You will also need to download Genesis Starter Essentials.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 22 August 2012 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 354 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Murgatroyd - 22 August 2012 08:34 AM

You want DAZ Studio 4.5.x 64-bit - exe - pc.

The other one is the old version.  You will also need to download Genesis Starter Essentials.

I don’t want to sound like I doubt you, because I don’t…  But who decided to list the download like this:
DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro - DAZ Studio 4.0.3.x 64-bit - exe - pc

If it is not DAZ Studio 4.5, why does it have that title?

And I know other people have complained about this, but again, why no file sizes? Why list confusingly misleading wrong information yet fail to list one of the most important pieces of data?

I apologize for sounded heated right now, but I really am frustrated. This was exactly the situation I was trying to avoid last night. Stuck downloading an unknown sized package at 20K per second. And not knowing if it’s going to be done in thirty seconds or thirty days.

Signature 

My Gallery

Posted: 22 August 2012 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 355 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2005-10-05

So OK…I’m Blond so now I have downloaded the Free Version of DS4 Pro - All ‘19’ Files for PC! Including for some reason:-
DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro - DAZ Studio 4.0.3.x 32-bit - exe - pc ??

Now I have all the files and I currently run DS4 4.0.3.47 Advanced, rather than go through the multitude of posts how do I simply update my current version to DS4 Advanced 4.5 without screwing everything up as it seems to me a straightforward update would have been far simpler.

Signature 

Simply…...Out There!

Posted: 22 August 2012 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 356 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
LeggyBlond - 22 August 2012 08:49 AM

So OK…I’m Blond so now I have downloaded the Free Version of DS4 Pro - All ‘19’ Files for PC! Including for some reason:-

Now I have all the files and I currently run DS4 4.0.3.47 Advanced, rather than go through the multitude of posts how do I simply update my current version to DS4 Advanced 4.5 without screwing everything up as it seems to me a straightforward update would have been far simpler.

I don’t think you have that option. I think you have to do a complete uninstall of DS4 4.0.3.47 and then do a complete reinstall.

Signature 

My Gallery

Posted: 22 August 2012 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 357 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  681
Joined  2004-11-12
DavidGB - 22 August 2012 07:53 AM
Jaderail - 21 August 2012 08:29 PM

Hold it. You can collide clothing with a Shell?

Yes - the shell is selectable in the Collision Item setting.

So if I’m getting poke through on my Genesis I could create a shell and have the item collide with the shell. Possibly fixing the poke through? Or should I try the new PokeAway first? If I knew how to find it or use it That is.

Yes, I would suppose it could be used for that.

I imagine different people will come up with all sorts of different and inventive uses for the shell. For myself, all my initial thoughts were to do with having a second surface above the main one that can have completely different mterials applied to it, and uses that can be put to.

Note that in the parameters pane for the Geometry shell you can turn the visibility of different parts of the shell off by body part, surface, or a combination of the two, and you can also use transparency maps of course.

My first thought was as in my previous post: with human figures you can put transmapped body hair, close croped beards or stubble, water droplets, dirt etc on the shell, and adjust how far above the figure’s skin they are. In many cases it can be simpler and produce better results than just using the LIE or Ubersurface2 to layer the hair, water droplet, dirt etc onto the skin texture surface.

My second thought was that for assorted fantasy, horror or scifi images one could apply the UberArea light to a geometry shell round a figure or prop to have a figure or a prop like a sword producing an even colored glow even though the surface of the figure or prop is textured with varying maps and colors over its own surface.

My third thought was a Star Trek one. In Star Trek, starships have been shown with two different types of shields. Most commonly, In TNG, DS9 and VOY, they have had simple elliptical shields surrounding the ship, and that can easily be simulated with a primitive round the ship which one can then texture with a transparency map to show a phaser/disruptor/plasma weapon strike on the shield at some point, with the glow of the energy of the strike over part of the primitive’s surface. But sometimes - especially in some of the movies, and in effect in ENT with the polarised hull plating - the shields haven’t been an even ellipse, but rather what some call ‘comformal shields’ where the shield surface is only a meter or two outside the hull, and follows the exact shape of the hull. For conformal shields in a Star Trek space combat render (or any other SciFi that has that kind of shielding) one only has to create a geometry shell on the ship, dial out an appropriate mesh offset, and there you have the conformal shield surface which you can texture so that the energy round the phaser/disruptor beam point of impact flows round the hull shape below.

Whatever the primary intended use for the geometry shell the DAZ designers may have had, I’m quite sure users will come up with many, many inventive uses for it. Even if it doesn’t quite have the abilities some may want it to have for whatever first use for it occurs to them, it’s certainly quite useable as it is for many other uses.

It would be much more useful however if we could do something as simple as change the UV map settings of the shell. That way, we really COULD use it to blend the textures of geografted shapes, or we could use Jepe’s M4 bodyhair over an M5/V4Male base texture.

We can’t use the old method of creating two Genesis figures and conforming one to other, for as soon as you use one of the main shapes (such as M5, Hitomi, Jason, etc), the proportions go completely out of whack.

As it stands right now, the geometry shell doesn’t have much in the way of use that couldn’t already be done using the Layered Image Editor.

Posted: 22 August 2012 08:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 358 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4766
Joined  2004-07-01
Legionair - 22 August 2012 08:52 AM

I don’t think you have that option. I think you have to do a complete uninstall of DS4 4.0.3.47 and then do a complete reinstall.

no just run the install - it will uninstall the old one

Posted: 22 August 2012 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 359 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  176
Joined  2006-04-15

You just need to install DS 4.5 - it will uninstall DS 4.0 as part of the update process. You must also install Genesis Essentials 1.3 as that contains genesis and all the other default content (which used to be installed along with DS itself but is now a seperate installer.

Posted: 22 August 2012 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 360 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
bigh - 22 August 2012 08:57 AM
Legionair - 22 August 2012 08:52 AM

no just run the install - it will uninstall the old one

What problems can I anticipate if I attempt to have both versions installed?

Signature 

My Gallery

24 of 65