Digital Art Zone

20 of 65
GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5!  See why you should do it today!
Posted: 20 August 2012 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 286 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  169
Joined  2009-11-20
Rayman29 - 19 August 2012 11:45 PM

Geometry shell wont subdivide, it also doesn’t respond to smoothing modifier settings .  Anyone else tried it?

Resolved subdivide/shell.  Shell is the same as original subdivided figure (+.1%, adjust to 0% for accuracy)
No resolution on Geometry shell/Smoothing modifier though.

Posted: 20 August 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 287 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1762
Joined  2012-03-24

oh RAMwolf SO thanks,,, I could not find it!

Of course I believed there should be slider !! (maybe) cool smile

Posted: 20 August 2012 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 288 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  169
Joined  2009-11-20
SnowSultan - 20 August 2012 01:42 AM

In my view, it is not acceptable for any of us to have to re-build our scenes.  If this problem existed in the RC releases and was not fixed prior to general release, this is simply another perfect example of the type of behavior that continues to drive the wedge deeper between DAZ and it’s user community.  Why DAZ cannot understand this is a deep mystery to many of us.

I reported my problems with exploding scenes and morphs being zeroed, but the consensus appeared to be that it was likely a problem on my end, as no one else either had the problem to begin with or seemed to be able to duplicate it to my knowledge. If more people had reported it and proven that it was a legitimate issue and not just one guy’s problem, I’m sure it would have been addressed. I can certainly agree that it would great to never have to rebuild our scenes or characters, but it’s a good idea to back up your MATs and MORs anyway.

I’ve seen that too.  But fortunately it was only in test scenes.  Then again all my scenes are tests. 
We seem to be in a continuous 99% beta.
Although it has improved by a magnitude, hats off to those involved.

Posted: 20 August 2012 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 289 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11

Your most welcome!  grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 20 August 2012 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 290 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2005-10-21
jeanke - 20 August 2012 10:11 AM
Cymbidium - 20 August 2012 04:23 AM

Just found a new prob - InaneGlory’s Photo Studio 1 lights cause an immediate crash to desktop.  Guess these will have to be updated also?  Anyone else experienced this?  *scissors*

That’s what happens to me too, i do hope they’ll get an update! rolleyes

And it’s both 1 and 2.

Grtz Jean-Claude

Ps: any one filled in a bug report for that???

Sort of glad it wasn’t only me, but that’s not promising.  Only have ‘1’, but I guess they would be essentially the same light shaders so not surprising they are both affected.  I haven’t filled in a bug report (never having made one before) - was really waiting to see how many more people had experienced this.

Signature 

May I be excused? My brain is full….... tongue wink
My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 20 August 2012 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 291 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-08-25

Just testing a few things and found that if you use the V4 Shape of a Woman morphs, figure hairs won’t fit correctly (DS4.0 and DS3 will as does the 4.5RC3).

EDIT:
Looks as though it is magnifying the scaling on the bones of a hair figure. If you scale the whole character, it’s fine. If you scale the chest to 90%, then the it looks as though the hair bones have been down-scaled twice.

Posted: 20 August 2012 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 292 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Well I think the new Push Modifier will def come in handy. 

Here is Aiko 3, old old scene…. Wildhair, Whisper outfit and some fog props (2 of them from Jepe’s collection). 

Loaded up the old scene. 

Changed up Aiko’s face morphs a bit so she didn’t look quite so scary. 

Wildhair got a smoothing modifier and Sub-D and adjusted the scalp to her a bit more and changed out the colors, added a bump and displacement too. 

Whisper outfit… panties just got a smoothing modifier which caused them snap to the outer part of the crotch better, like that allot.  The main outfit (top) had some issue with staying on top of the panties so added in the Push Modifier, Sub-D and Smoothing modifier and then set the 3 PBMGluteBig morphs (left, right and hip) to a -100% and PBMRealistic -160% & *poof*... fits perfectly and the Push gave it some more substance so it looked thicker.  Set the Push to a nice comfy .39%.... like it allot now. 

Resaved it as a new scene .duf file and reopened it to make sure it wasn’t going to explode or anything!  raspberry

Image Attachments
AikoPureFog.jpg
 Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 20 August 2012 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 293 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1618
Joined  2005-02-25

do i need to install this in a special way so I dont loose anything I’ve already installed?

I’m scared about lights and shaders not working. why does every update set us back instead of forward? :(

Posted: 20 August 2012 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 294 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Didn’t overwrite anything.  There is a thread that shows what lights and shaders are updated. 

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/5976/

I know the Itemized History search is really horrible right now but what I did with the PW’s was start at the last page and worked my way back up.  Uber same.  Om too.  If you start from A it will take you more clicks.  Don’t forget to scroll to the bottom and set your views to 50 rather than the default of 10 or 15 (iirc)

I don’t think DS has set us back at all with this release.  I do notice some crashes here and there but I’m pushing the envelope to cause them.  Currently I’m trying to figure out how to convert Gen 3 to Triax Weght-mapping and then trying to get the joints smoothed out using the brush tool but yea, that crashed DS but never figured out what the heck I was doing in the first place!  lmao!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 20 August 2012 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 295 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15798
Joined  2003-10-09
vienastoks - 20 August 2012 07:19 AM

a “fake free” status, whereby you have to click on the empty serial box dialog every time you start a program. Sad experience for those who bought Pro version (or even an upgrade). Feels like one uses a pirated program.

Your Pro serial number should work - mine certainly did.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 20 August 2012 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 296 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15798
Joined  2003-10-09
artistb3 - 20 August 2012 09:13 AM

For saving a full scene, the File->Save now basically works the same as the File->Save As which makes it useless.  In fact, less than useless in my estimation since it no longer even populates the “File Name:” field in the save dialog.  This is going to result in users inadvertently over-writing the wrong files…

It shouldn’t prompt if the user information of the scene matches the current user - Edit>Preferences>General, click the Edit button under the Authorship info panel. This was done to make it harder to overwrite content delivery files, such as the default loader for Genesis.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 20 August 2012 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 297 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  144
Joined  2006-01-22
Cymbidium - 20 August 2012 11:18 AM
jeanke - 20 August 2012 10:11 AM
Cymbidium - 20 August 2012 04:23 AM

Just found a new prob - InaneGlory’s Photo Studio 1 lights cause an immediate crash to desktop.  Guess these will have to be updated also?  Anyone else experienced this?  *scissors*

That’s what happens to me too, i do hope they’ll get an update! rolleyes

And it’s both 1 and 2.

Grtz Jean-Claude

Ps: any one filled in a bug report for that???

Sort of glad it wasn’t only me, but that’s not promising.  Only have ‘1’, but I guess they would be essentially the same light shaders so not surprising they are both affected.  I haven’t filled in a bug report (never having made one before) - was really waiting to see how many more people had experienced this.

I’ll fill one in, we’ll see what happens. Atleast they know it’s a problem smile.

Grtz Jean-Claude

Posted: 20 August 2012 08:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 298 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

OK… one more Aiko 3 post.  I spent the last couple of hours having lots of fun, seriously not kidding, updating this file.  Saved out as a new file.  This is an OLD freebie.  Everyone remember Arien?  Well before she broke into the brokerage she was doing freebies with this other dude that’s long since left .... This is Freja.  A very very comprehensive set he did.  I don’t think Arien did any textures for it but they were the team to beat back then.  Both inspired allot of folks including me.  The skin is by MAB, old fun set she did called Sherra.  It’s been tweaked with my own shaders to make it appear darker.  My eye Iris’s from my Iris Swap pack I did eons ago.  Mostly the outfit is done with shaders by Fisty except for the dark starry speckled bits on the hose and inner lining of the cape.  The main dress and outer cape are also my own textures and shaders.  Hair came with the pack but the textures are mine as well.

One of the wonderful things about this update is that things render extremely fast.  It’s a joy to do all this work and not have to sit around and wait and wait and wait for it to render.  Even transparencies are rendering quickly.  Amazing also is the Push, Smoothing and Sub-D which got every bit of this fitting Aiko 3’s morphed frame perfectly.  Can’t believe it.  I gave up years ago trying to get this to fit MY preferred morphed look for her as there were only a limited amount of morphs provided with the pack. 

I know it’s just a picture to some but it was allot of fun getting particular file updated and finding that with all the advances to DAZ Studio even older models and clothing are finally able to be fitted and look their very best. 

I think DAZ’s next step or challenge should be a way to allow us to weight map older figures and provide a template to refit clothing to them while retaining the movement morphs.  Another outfit was Dixie for A3 that was pretty comprehensive and redid that file.  Loading the original .daz file crashed DS 3 times so I just rebuilt from scratch.  One other did that as well, no biggie, it wasn’t worth saving, it used the Morphing Fantasy Dress and well…. Genesis has that so no biggie.

I think next I’ll attempt to get all 22 pieces of the Freja outfit over to Genesis if I can!  That would be SO cool! grin

Image Attachments
Aiko-FrejaUpdated.jpg
 Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 20 August 2012 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 299 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1762
Joined  2012-03-24

Ram woulf just thanks so much again your guidance and report about modifier . ^^

Posted: 20 August 2012 10:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 300 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

I try to help where I can in all this craziness.  grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

20 of 65