Digital Art Zone

18 of 65
GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5!  See why you should do it today!
Posted: 19 August 2012 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 256 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2006-01-06

wondering if a reinstall might help as well thought that one I downloaded didn’t look right

Posted: 19 August 2012 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 257 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8520
Joined  2007-11-06
Noshoba - 19 August 2012 05:14 PM

wondering if a reinstall might help as well thought that one I downloaded didn’t look right

I would try restarting CMS before going through a whole reinstall.  There are a number of reasons a service might fail to start or shut down, many of which are one-time events.  Simply restarting the service may be all that’s needed.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 19 August 2012 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 258 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2006-01-06

It worked odd that package only had 64 bit and the Genesis in it when a reset loads up a ton of plugins.

Posted: 19 August 2012 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 259 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4533
Joined  2004-08-11

Question… just testing out various things in 4.5 final Pro 64 bit.  Is there a way to get things AUTO loaded into the Smart Content area? 

I tried doing a “Scan of Known Directories” and made sure all the options were ticked off but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything that I can see.  I read one user was having issues with blank icons and what not and doing this seemed to solve this issue. 

I mostly use the Content Manager so no big deal but wanted to know if I’m doing what ever I CAN do without loading each product in by hand… not doing that… not for as much content as I have… that’s a waste of my time. 

THANKS!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 19 August 2012 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 260 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
RAMWolff - 19 August 2012 07:44 PM

Question… just testing out various things in 4.5 final Pro 64 bit.  Is there a way to get things AUTO loaded into the Smart Content area? 

I tried doing a “Scan of Known Directories” and made sure all the options were ticked off but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything that I can see.  I read one user was having issues with blank icons and what not and doing this seemed to solve this issue. 

I mostly use the Content Manager so no big deal but wanted to know if I’m doing what ever I CAN do without loading each product in by hand… not doing that… not for as much content as I have… that’s a waste of my time. 

THANKS!

Is the CMS running?  Have you tried re-importing metadata?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 19 August 2012 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 261 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

CMS always runs.  Never turn that off.  SO many other functions to making sure DS runs right are tied into that service.  Reimporting Meta Data is installing over 100 5Mb files.  Until DAZ gets the zips out no way will I do that.  Again, too time consuming.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 19 August 2012 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 262 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
RAMWolff - 19 August 2012 08:05 PM

CMS always runs.  Never turn that off.  SO many other functions to making sure DS runs right are tied into that service.  Reimporting Meta Data is installing over 100 5Mb files.  Until DAZ gets the zips out no way will I do that.  Again, too time consuming.

There are many things that can cause a service to stop or fail to start, most of which are sporadic glitches.  If your Content Library tab shows nothing under Categories, the CMS service has stopped or is being blocked from communicating with DS.

You don’t need to reinstall anything.  If the CMS is running but nothing is showing in Smart Content, go to the Content Library options menu, “Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata”.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 19 August 2012 08:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 263 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2011-04-11
Khory - 19 August 2012 02:10 PM

provide a batch conversion utility.

Will the included one not do that?

DAZ Studio 4.5 includes a new pane that will batch compress/uncompress *.duf and *.dsf files. It will also batch convert *.ds, *.dsa to *.dsb or *.dse, and *.dsb (non-encrypted) to *.dsa or *.dse. The pane is found by going to Main Menu Bar > Window > Panes (Tabs) > Batch Convert.

Khory:  I did not notice the bit on the DAZ Batch Convert prior to my post.  However, I see no indication that this will allow a batch conversion of .daz to .duf.  Everything but that…  We can only hope they included this capability somewhere else.

Posted: 19 August 2012 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 264 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
artistb3 - 19 August 2012 08:52 PM
Khory - 19 August 2012 02:10 PM

provide a batch conversion utility.

Will the included one not do that?

DAZ Studio 4.5 includes a new pane that will batch compress/uncompress *.duf and *.dsf files. It will also batch convert *.ds, *.dsa to *.dsb or *.dse, and *.dsb (non-encrypted) to *.dsa or *.dse. The pane is found by going to Main Menu Bar > Window > Panes (Tabs) > Batch Convert.

Khory:  I did not notice the bit on the DAZ Batch Convert prior to my post.  However, I see no indication that this will allow a batch conversion of .daz to .duf.  Everything but that…  We can only hope they included this capability somewhere else.

I wouldn’t think batch-conversion of .daz to .duf is possible, as .duf contains info the .daz does not, e.g. the location of the Poser files to recreate the Data files.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 19 August 2012 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 265 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-08-22

I already have Mimic Live and other plugins… basically I have DAZ Studio 4 Pro and have all the plugins…do I have to PAY(re-Purchase) to Upgrade these plugins to 4.5 ?  Can I use My exisiting Plugins and re-apply?

Posted: 19 August 2012 09:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 266 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
sbasly - 19 August 2012 09:50 PM

I already have Mimic Live and other plugins… basically I have DAZ Studio 4 Pro and have all the plugins…do I have to PAY(re-Purchase) to Upgrade these plugins to 4.5 ?  Can I use My exisiting Plugins and re-apply?

You don’t have to repurchase, if they require an update just reset to get the new versions.  There’s a link in my sig to the plugin version thread.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 19 August 2012 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 267 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-08-22

Thanks for the reply…guess I’ll give 4.5 a try.

Posted: 19 August 2012 10:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 268 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11
fixmypcmike - 19 August 2012 08:14 PM
RAMWolff - 19 August 2012 08:05 PM

There are many things that can cause a service to stop or fail to start, most of which are sporadic glitches.  If your Content Library tab shows nothing under Categories, the CMS service has stopped or is being blocked from communicating with DS.

You don’t need to reinstall anything.  If the CMS is running but nothing is showing in Smart Content, go to the Content Library options menu, “Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata”.

Content Service is running fine.  So then what do I do to have it refresh? 

Image Attachments
CMS.jpg
 Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 19 August 2012 10:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 269 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

Content Library tab > options menu (the rectangle with horizontal lines icon in the upper corner) > Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 19 August 2012 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 270 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2009-11-20

Geometry shell wont subdivide, it also doesn’t respond to smoothing modifier settings .  Anyone else tried it?

18 of 65