Digital Art Zone

17 of 65
GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5!  See why you should do it today!
Posted: 19 August 2012 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 241 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  66
Joined  2003-10-10
DAZ_Spooky - 17 August 2012 10:33 AM
Virtual Media - 17 August 2012 10:31 AM

Could someone advise on procedure to get .fbx motionbuilder animation back into DS 4.5?

Thanks

Note you need to start in Motion Builder with an FBX export from DS. Then it should be simply export it back out of Motion Builder as FBX then import the FBX back into DS.

There are too many variables in rigging in FBX to generically cover all possible imports, so the only way to guarantee it would work is to round trip.

I tried that method (straight out and straight back) several times, adding some simple animation and some without any animation. Models do load back up in DS, however animation does not import. I baked the animation back to the DS bone structure as well.

Is it possible to get just the animation from the same model in this order?

1. Create model in DS
2. FBX into Motionbuilder
3. Animate then export or save animated FBX from Motionbuilder
3. Import just animation from FBX into same model in DS.

That’s the big hope!
Thanks

Signature 

VTV - The Virtual Broadcasting Network

Posted: 19 August 2012 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 242 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2010-03-14
kitakoredaz - 19 August 2012 06:15 AM

about old .daz scene ,

I met so many duplicate ID erroer. I checked rog file.
some erroer cause my reformed products,
some erroer because of daz prodcuts eg mindvision miyu belts.dsf etc.

I can not confirm what cause duplicate ID erroer.

I can add a little insite to this:
All of the scenes, I get the Duplicate ID error, have the Genesis figure in them.
I have not seen the error in the ten or so scenes that only have Gen3/4 figures in them.
Also my none of my own content has given me the error.
almost daja-vu, of when 4.0 wsa released and Genesis was giving us the same type of errors.

Oh and one other annoying note:
I am using something other than My Documents for the content placement, and I don’t know if this is a bug, but even though I directed he content to go to the Second Drive, the installer placed it in My Documents/DAZ3D/.... when it shoudl have been D:/DAZ3D/...

Haslor

Signature 

Metadata has a Standard, so please use it!
Creation Instruction coming soon to a Document Center near you.
——————-
Warning: Sitting for more than 6 hours a day is not good for you.
So Stand up, change you desk to a Stand up Desk.
Walking is good for you, so get up and walk for at least a half hour a day.

Posted: 19 August 2012 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 243 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  803
Joined  2007-01-08

Thanks DWG, *waves*, that may be it as I rolled back to Opera 11.x because 12.0 was crashing (actually the plug-in wrapper process). I saw it’s up to 12.01 now but I’m waiting a bit more to upgrade.

Posted: 19 August 2012 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 244 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2011-04-11
SnowSultan - 18 August 2012 01:36 PM

ArtistB3: that exact same problem happened to me many times in an earlier release and I never could figure out what the problem was. I ended up having to remake a lot of my scenes and characters, which is why I encourage everyone to save all of your characters’ MATs, and MORs (morphs/character presets) as Character files (save as Depreciated -> Character Preset) so you can quickly remake anything that explodes like in your example.

No matter what you do, DO NOT OVERWRITE any of your DS 4.0 saved scenes with DS 4.5 ones!

Now before I panic anyone, I have had no problems so far with my 4.5 upgrade, and I have not experienced the exploding mesh in quite a while.  smile  Genesis loads in seconds in this new version and being able to hide entire groups of objects is a nice addition.

SnowSultan:  In my view, it is not acceptable for any of us to have to re-build our scenes.  If this problem existed in the RC releases and was not fixed prior to general release, this is simply another perfect example of the type of behavior that continues to drive the wedge deeper between DAZ and it’s user community.  Why DAZ cannot understand this is a deep mystery to many of us.

In any case, the following is what I have found:
I had a victoria_5.daz file that I loaded (loaded fine) and then saved out to a .duf file.  I also created victoria_5.duf file by clearing the scene, loading a fresh V5 and then saving out to a .duf file.  In the case of the converted .daz file, of course, the figure is destroyed when reading the .duf version.  In the case of the fresh V5, it loads fine.

I ran a diff on both and, after several hours of testing, narrowed the issue down to modifier “id” : “SkinBinding-1” (see attached).  When I deleted this modifier, the duf-from-daz conversion loaded okay.  Now we need someone with more experience to answer: 1.  What is the root cause?, and 2.  What is the longer-term fix that is not going to require us to hand-edit .duf files?

Seems to me, if DAZ is going to unilaterally decide to deprecate the .daz format before going to a 5.x release, they should at least have enough regard for their customer base to provide a batch conversion utility.

Image Attachments
Resized.jpg

Posted: 19 August 2012 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 245 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Okay, I’m back with an update. It took redoing the DS4.5Pro Database but it now imports my DS3A categories properly. All files are now loading and listing in the proper places. I must have had a hic-up with the Genesis Essentials metadata or something. All is well and looking good.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 19 August 2012 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 246 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  803
Joined  2007-01-08

@artistb3: Woooowwww awesome detective work!

Posted: 19 August 2012 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 247 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4459
Joined  2004-08-11
artistb3 - 19 August 2012 11:42 AM

Seems to me, if DAZ is going to unilaterally decide to deprecate the .daz format before going to a 5.x release, they should at least have enough regard for their customer base to provide a batch conversion utility.

I couldn’t agree with you more on this!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 19 August 2012 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 248 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1659
Joined  2005-12-31

provide a batch conversion utility.

Will the included one not do that?

DAZ Studio 4.5 includes a new pane that will batch compress/uncompress *.duf and *.dsf files. It will also batch convert *.ds, *.dsa to *.dsb or *.dse, and *.dsb (non-encrypted) to *.dsa or *.dse. The pane is found by going to Main Menu Bar > Window > Panes (Tabs) > Batch Convert.

Posted: 19 August 2012 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 249 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4459
Joined  2004-08-11

Hmm, interesting find Khory….. love some feedback on this folks.  grin  Busy updating my Ubers Oms and PW’s right now!  raspberry

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 19 August 2012 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 250 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  678
Joined  2004-11-12
BishounenTaurus - 18 August 2012 09:33 AM

I have a question, sorry if it’s already been answered.

Exactly how are we supposed to use Geometry Shell to blend the textures of geografted segments? Has anyone in the development team even tried doing this?

The geometry shell shares the exact same UV mapping as the base object, and this cannot be changed. That makes the Geometry Shell essentially useless when it comes to blending textures, the result would be no different than using the Layered Image Editor.

Say i’m using an M4 body texture and the M5 gens using an M5 gens texture. Could somebody who worked on this please tell me how the Geometry Shell is supposed to help me blend between these two, because as far as I can tell this isn’t going to work.

Just gonna quote this again, seeing as it got lost in a river of posts.

Posted: 19 August 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 251 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1399
Joined  2009-09-11

I have both 32 and 64 bit versions of DS4 .37 on my 64 bit machine right now. Do 1st need to uninstall both versions of DS4, default content & content management service then install 4.5 64 bit??

Signature 

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37909888@N05/sets/

Posted: 19 August 2012 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 252 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2006-01-06

ok had 4.5 working sort of well minus the plugins I needed and now the darn thing will not allow my Smart content to work

Posted: 19 August 2012 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 253 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8425
Joined  2007-11-06
Noshoba - 19 August 2012 04:55 PM

ok had 4.5 working sort of well minus the plugins I needed and now the darn thing will not allow my Smart content to work

Is CMS running?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 19 August 2012 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 254 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2006-01-06

It should be never turned it off always been using default settings

Posted: 19 August 2012 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 255 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8425
Joined  2007-11-06
Noshoba - 19 August 2012 05:07 PM

It should be never turned it off always been using default settings

If you’re not seeing Smart Content and the Content Library shows nothing under Categories, either the CMS isn’t running or it’s being blocked.  Try starting the CMS service (Start > Programs > DAZ 3D > DAZ Content Management Service in Windows) and then restarting DS.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

17 of 65