Okay, I think I’ve hit my first DS4.5Pro problem. This is the way I work and until now it has worked everytime. I only install Genesis Items into DS4’s My Library. All my other items go into my HUGE DS3A Content folder. Once I install item in DS3A I use Catagories to keep my Items right where I want them. I close DS3A and Open DS4 and do a Migrate Old Content Database. In the past (DS4Pro) all my new items were in my Folders right where I put them. In DS4.5Pro after 3 times nothing. All my content shows in DS3A but Not DS4.5Pro.
Help!! I really need this to work.
I work the same way, let me try it out.
Sorry for butting in, but I have been away from DS for ages (RL interferred) and am hesitating to install DS4.5 as I am deathly afraid of losing my Categories. I have the exact same set up as you & Jaderail have - with all older stuff going into DS3A and then I Migrate Old Content Database into DS4. I am wondering if you would mind listing the steps you took when you installed 4.5 and were able to find your Categorized older content. This was mentioned earlier in this thread:
1. Install the Software before you install the content.
2. Run DS, but don’t import Metadata.
3. SAVE your user metadata.
4. Shut down DS and install the new content.
5. Start DS and check the boxes to import the metadata, to include the USER metadata and allow the user metadata to overwrite. (Check box at the bottom.)
6. Your categories should be preserved. Before this build there was no way to save your categories, now there is.
This isn’t entirely clear to me. In step 4 you install the new content. What does the new content have to do with getting your previous Categories to show up?