Digital Art Zone

15 of 65
GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5!  See why you should do it today!
Posted: 18 August 2012 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 211 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1399
Joined  2009-09-11

Where is this new download??

Signature 

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37909888@N05/sets/

Posted: 18 August 2012 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 212 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8425
Joined  2007-11-06

I don’t see an update in Rob’s official list.  http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/start

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 18 August 2012 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 213 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10751
Joined  2007-11-06

...my bad. Clicked on the one on the home page as I was surprised to see that it said “4.5. Pro” and not just “4.5” so I thought it was an update since I never DL’d any of the previous versions of 4.5 because of all the issues I kept hearing about.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 18 August 2012 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 214 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
Sean Riesch - 18 August 2012 03:34 PM

Jaderail, Is there any chance your content is categorized, but just got misplaced?  For example, if you search for “vibora tripod.cr2” in the Content Library tab, that should give you two things from the Dystopian Weapons Cache1 product.

Tried that. It only give me a option to Create Category or Refresh. Does that mean it’s there? I can not tell.

Image Attachments
Vibro.jpg
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 18 August 2012 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 215 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

Switch the pull-down in the search bar from Database to Files, and try searching again.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 18 August 2012 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 216 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1333
Joined  2003-10-09
Jaderail - 18 August 2012 04:41 PM

Tried that. It only give me a option to Create Category or Refresh. Does that mean it’s there? I can not tell.

No, you should have seen the search results like the screenshot below.

Is your content mapped correctly?  In the Content Directory Manager, expand “Poser Formats” and make sure the folder containing your product’s runtime is listed.  for example if the content is in C:\whatever\Runtime, you should have C:\whatever mapped.

Did you tell Studio to “scan known directories for files”?  maybe the content folder is mapped, but not yet searched for content.

You can see other content thumbnails in the Categories, right?  so you know your content manager is running, or you wouldn’t be able to find ANY content.

Image Attachments
screenshot,_search_results.png

Posted: 18 August 2012 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 217 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2009-08-05
Bobvan - 18 August 2012 03:38 PM

Just go to the DAZ Studio 4.5 store and go to Software DAZ Studio. The update they are talking about is the update from RC3 (4.5.0.90) to Release (4.5.0.114), I suppose.

Here is the link:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/software/daz-studio-4/daz-studio-4-pro

Also, I don’t own many plugins but the MimicLive Plugin has to be downloaded and upgraded seperately.

Also, the FaceShop EZ 7.02 plugin has to be upgraded by that company. I’ve sent an email to them already. Others might do the same to let them know we use their product.

Also I was thinking of buying any and every plugin (that not redundant) to transfer morphs, cloths, and body shapes from older models to new Genesis models:

a. What is available? It seems these are only available for DAZ 3D models of Gen3 and Gen4? Is that a fair assesment?
b. Recommendations?

Posted: 18 August 2012 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 218 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10751
Joined  2007-11-06

...OK killed the DL as the remaining time soared to over a day once it got to around 53% complete.  And this is at my neighbourhood hotspot.  I shudder to see how long it would take from home (a week? two weeks? a month?  Daz “Soon”?).

Looked at the tile size and the bugger is over 600MB. Crikey that’s larger than the DL of Carrara8Pro and S4Pro is a .zip file.

It’s times like this I wish they still had the Burn to DVD/CD option,  In this case It would be worth the 15$ charge.

..ahh well got my other DLs done at least.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 18 August 2012 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 219 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

@Fixmypcmike: I switched from Database to file and got the SAME results. Nothing.

@Sean Riesch: My content is mapped properly. I’ve been using DS from 2 and understand the prefs and the content structure. It’s just the new DS4.5Pro that is not finding my new content. It worked in DS4Pro.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 18 August 2012 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 220 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
nonesuch00 - 18 August 2012 05:09 PM
Bobvan - 18 August 2012 03:38 PM

Just go to the DAZ Studio 4.5 store and go to Software DAZ Studio. The update they are talking about is the update from RC3 (4.5.0.90) to Release (4.5.0.114).

Here is the link:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/software/daz-studio-4/daz-studio-4-pro

Also, I don’t own many plugins but the MimicLive Plugin has to be downloaded and upgraded seperately.

Also, the FaceShop EZ 7.02 plugin has to be upgraded by that company. I’ve sent an email to them already. Other might do the same to let them know we use their product.

Also I was thinking of buying any and every plugin (that not redundant) to transfer morphs, cloths, and body shapes from older models to new Genesis models:

a. What is available? It seems these are only available for DAZ 3D models of Gen3 and Gen4? Is that a fair assesment?
b. Recommendations?

Faceshop 7+ for Windows has already been updated; Mac version will be ready shortly.

To transfer morphs, you need the V4 & M4 Shapes for Genesis plus GenX to transfer morphs from V4 and M4.  If you want to transfer from Gen 3 figures, you need GenX and the GenX Addon plus the Shapes for Genesis for whichever Gen 3 figures you want.

To transfer clothing, Gen 4 clothing doesn’t require anything extra.  For Gen 3 clothing you need the Shape for Genesis for whichever Gen 3 figures you want.

You are correct, currently only Gen 4 and Gen 3.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 18 August 2012 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 221 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I’m beginning to think one of the two MAIN databases is at fault. If it’s my DS3A database I’m so FUBAR.

Signature 

Posted: 18 August 2012 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 222 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

Really not sure what’s going on, Jaderail.  The other thing to try would be to backup your CMS database, reset it, then migrate fresh.  If the missing items show up, then try installing another item, categorizing in DS3, and migrating again.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 18 August 2012 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 223 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2009-08-05
Kyoto Kid - 18 August 2012 05:14 PM

...OK killed the DL as the remaining time soared to over a day once it got tot 53% complete.  And this is at my neighbourhood hotspot.

Looked at the tile size, bugger, it’s over 600MB.

It’s times like this I wish they still had the Burn to DVD/CD option,  In this case It would be worth the 15$ charge.

..ahh well got my other DLs done at least.

What are you downloading? That RC3 archive?

With the Release you don’t need to download 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx.exe (429,962KB) I think (correct me if I’m wrong).

The DAZ Studio Pro 4.5 release DAZStudio_4.5.0.114_Win64.exe is only 131,715KB

And the 3D Bridge, Decimator, and GoZ plugins are all less than 10MB each.

Posted: 18 August 2012 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 224 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  300
Joined  2005-09-30
fixmypcmike - 18 August 2012 01:12 PM
Jaderail - 18 August 2012 01:02 PM

Okay, I think I’ve hit my first DS4.5Pro problem. This is the way I work and until now it has worked everytime. I only install Genesis Items into DS4’s My Library. All my other items go into my HUGE DS3A Content folder. Once I install item in DS3A I use Catagories to keep my Items right where I want them. I close DS3A and Open DS4 and do a Migrate Old Content Database. In the past (DS4Pro) all my new items were in my Folders right where I put them. In DS4.5Pro after 3 times nothing. All my content shows in DS3A but Not DS4.5Pro.

Help!! I really need this to work.

I work the same way, let me try it out.

Sorry for butting in, but I have been away from DS for ages (RL interferred) and am hesitating to install DS4.5 as I am deathly afraid of losing my Categories.  I have the exact same set up as you & Jaderail have - with all older stuff going into DS3A and then I Migrate Old Content Database into DS4.  I am wondering if you would mind listing the steps you took when you installed 4.5 and were able to find your Categorized older content.  This was mentioned earlier in this thread:

1. Install the Software before you install the content.

2. Run DS, but don’t import Metadata.

3. SAVE your user metadata.

4. Shut down DS and install the new content.

5. Start DS and check the boxes to import the metadata, to include the USER metadata and allow the user metadata to overwrite. (Check box at the bottom.)

6. Your categories should be preserved. Before this build there was no way to save your categories, now there is.

This isn’t entirely clear to me.  In step 4 you install the new content.  What does the new content have to do with getting your previous Categories to show up?

Posted: 18 August 2012 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 225 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

Do you backup your DS3 database?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Updated Genesis Products