Digital Art Zone

13 of 65
GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5!  See why you should do it today!
Posted: 18 August 2012 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 181 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2005-12-12
Lindsey - 18 August 2012 03:11 AM
Marieah - 18 August 2012 02:53 AM
Lindsey - 18 August 2012 02:37 AM
Marieah - 18 August 2012 02:28 AM

I’d really appreciate it if somebody could tell me whether or not my shaders work in 4.5. It’s not clear at all from the first post in this thread.

I’m in the middle of a product so I don’t dare install it yet.

Frabricator shaders appears to work in 4.5..!

Edit: I’ll update with an image with shaders applied to clothing items…

Thanks Lindsey. Fabricator uses DS Default surfaces.

Now I’m wondering whether the Uber Surface shaders in Gemologica work and the HSS shaders in Silkessence….

Silkessence works ok!  I don’t have your Gemologica product though..  I just selected the dress and applied various shaders in the Silkessence pack.  Does that automatically apply the “HSS Shaders”?  I’m a noob at shaders..  HA!

OK, I had a much more sarcastic post planned about how DAZ tries to communicate simple pieces of information with their customers and fails horribly.

I’ll cut it short.

DAZ: Piecing together all the random information in this thread (instead of, you know, an answer to my earlier question) I’ve concluded that the Plugn and Shader categories on this thread’s opening post are most likely supposed to contain products that are generally compatible with DS4.5, EITHER because DS4.5. does not influence them OR because they have been updated and now work with DS4.5. (So that means you have already put two different kinds of products into the same category, *gnnnn*).

Now, from what I understand you are going to keep updating those categories as more products become compatible with DS4.5. OK, good. So you’re obviously assuming that we’re going to perfectly memorize up to three pages of products and then just see the difference when a new product is added to those categories.
We’re not. When you update the categories, please, just make a note in the opening post, which product you have added.

Of course, a simple list of Shaders / Plugins we need to reinstall to have them work in DS4.5 would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted: 18 August 2012 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 182 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  947
Joined  2007-01-04
Bloo - 18 August 2012 05:01 AM

I have donwloaded DAZ Studio 4.5.x 64-bit - exe - pc 4 times (131715 k) and eachtime I try to install after the license and folder option screens I get an error message: Unknown error while running… Mode unattended modeunattendedui minimalWithDialogs
Anyone else had this?
I also installed 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx and now genisis doesn’t work in 4.03

Looks like you didn’t get the full file, as mine is 128 MB (134,876 k) in size.

Signature 

**shuffles of with a new headache** tongue wink

Posted: 18 August 2012 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 183 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15674
Joined  2003-10-09
Kerya - 18 August 2012 02:59 AM
Richard Haseltine - 17 August 2012 06:17 AM
Kerya - 17 August 2012 01:44 AM
DAZ_bfurner - 07 August 2012 02:00 PM

9. We suggest that in order to use the PW Shaders you reset your downloads to get the latest version to run with DAZ Studio 4.5.

2820852 8/17/12 pwSurface - pwSurface for DS2 and DS3 - exe - pc Available 4
2820852 8/17/12 pwSurface - pwSurface for DS2 and DS3 - zip - mac Available 4
2820852 8/17/12 pwCatch - 4464_pwCatch_1.2_ds.zip - mac Available 4
2820852 8/17/12 pwCatch - 4464_pwCatch_1.2_ds.exe - pc Available 4

Are these the correct files for DS4.5?

Yes, though for DS4 you just need the one for your platform of the last two. They will also work in 4.0 - the update makes them recompile themselves for the new version of 3Delight in 4.5, as I understand it.

Which means pwSurface is outdated and not updated? Just making sure ...

Sorry, I looked at the “for” and thought they were all the same product, just different versions. I can’t recall if the original pwSurface had an update for DS4 at all, but I suspect you may be right.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 18 August 2012 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 184 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1762
Joined  2012-03-24

my downloaded installer size is same of Bloo. so ,file size seems not problem for Bloo case .rolleyes

DAZStudio_4.5.0.114_Win64 exe, 131715kb is mine installer.
but I did not have problem when install ds 4.5.

bejaymac said about file size of aprication after install ?

Bloo, can you record full erroer message? 
I think need uninstall ds 4.0.3 , for installing 4.5 safety.
you may not two ds4 ver in same drive. you need choose 4.0.3 or 4.5.
if you mix dsf and duf, it may cause more problems.
without setting of DB.

Posted: 18 August 2012 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 185 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  722
Joined  2004-11-12

I have a question, sorry if it’s already been answered.

Exactly how are we supposed to use Geometry Shell to blend the textures of geografted segments? Has anyone in the development team even tried doing this?

The geometry shell shares the exact same UV mapping as the base object, and this cannot be changed. That makes the Geometry Shell essentially useless when it comes to blending textures, the result would be no different than using the Layered Image Editor.

Say i’m using an M4 body texture and the M5 gens using an M5 gens texture. Could somebody who worked on this please tell me how the Geometry Shell is supposed to help me blend between these two, because as far as I can tell this isn’t going to work.

Posted: 18 August 2012 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 186 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  407
Joined  2012-07-05

I’m late to this party, but is there a consensus on the ease and merit of upgrading from Mac 4.03 to 4.5?  Will all my files created in 4.03 open and work in 4.5?  Just curious before I install.  Oh, does the lip-sync function work in the 4.5 64 bit version, or still the 32 bit version?

Posted: 18 August 2012 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 187 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4727
Joined  2004-08-11

Well I just loaded this very old Aiko/Girl 3.daz file (can’t remember where I got this from to be honest but it was distributed using RTE.. that much I remember).  I can not believe how fast this rendered.  The hair having so much transparency in it usually would slow things down quite a bit, but this loaded and rendered in seconds.  Quite pleased so far.

Image Attachments
AikoGirl3-02.jpg
 Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 18 August 2012 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 188 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  920
Joined  2008-11-27
dkutzera - 18 August 2012 10:58 AM

I’m late to this party, but is there a consensus on the ease and merit of upgrading from Mac 4.03 to 4.5?  Will all my files created in 4.03 open and work in 4.5?  Just curious before I install.

I’ve loaded many of my older scenes and own Genesis-Morphs, they are loaded without any problems.

Signature 

Markus

My store at DAZ: http://www.daz3d.com/sedor

Member of the Bald Wizards Club (BWC).

My facebook artist page: https://www.facebook.com/WatmaScunn

Posted: 18 August 2012 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 189 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1426
Joined  2009-09-11

Im just curious besides speed has render quality improved any?

Signature 

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37909888@N05/sets/

Posted: 18 August 2012 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 190 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  98
Joined  2011-04-11

I tried loading several existing .DAZ scenes, re-saved as .DUF and then re-loaded.  In the case of Genesis, V5 ad M5, the figure is badly distorted in all cases (see attachment).  All other figures (including V4) appear okay when the .DUF is loaded.  Is there a simple solution which does not involve re-building scenes?  If not, this is a very serious problem for those of us who have a lot of .DAZ scenes that need conversion.

I also noticed that some saved .DUF scenes did not actually include morphed changes made to a figure (e.g. hair).  In fact, I repeatedly loaded, made a single change (via a .dsa file) and re-saved to the same file. I had to re-save to a different file name in order to get it properly update the scene.  Scary.

In addition, I had several instances where I loaded a .DUF file, made no change whatsoever, but when closing the scene (either loading a new one or closing DS4.5), the program prompted me with “Save changes…?” even though I made no changes.  Did something change inadvertently?

Image Attachments
V5_daz_to_duf.jpg

Posted: 18 August 2012 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 191 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1426
Joined  2009-09-11
artistb3 - 18 August 2012 12:23 PM

I tried loading several existing .DAZ scenes, re-saved as .DUF and then re-loaded.  In the case of Genesis, V5 ad M5, the figure is badly distorted in all cases (see attachment).  All other figures (including V4) appear okay when the .DUF is loaded.  Is there a simple solution which does not involve re-building scenes?  If not, this is a very serious problem for those of us who have a lot of .DAZ scenes that need conversion.

I also noticed that some saved .DUF scenes did not actually include morphed changes made to a figure (e.g. hair).  In fact, I repeatedly loaded, made a single change (via a .dsa file) and re-saved to the same file. I had to re-save to a different file name in order to get it properly update the scene.  Scary.

In addition, I had several instances where I loaded a .DUF file, made no change whatsoever, but when closing the scene (either loading a new one or closing DS4.5), the program prompted me with “Save changes…?” even though I made no changes.  Did something change inadvertently?

Im curious did you just update studio or did you install the new Genesis content files as well?....if so that is total crap!

Edit I am wagering that it is due to the previous saves scenes using the old genesis format….

Signature 

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37909888@N05/sets/

Posted: 18 August 2012 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 192 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  407
Joined  2012-07-05

Thanks for the input.  I’ve spend a good deal of time creating several Genesis characters, some with super suit, some with the latest Michael and I may hold off upgrading if there are tricks to working with old files.  (I find there are enough tricks already with Daz).

Posted: 18 August 2012 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 193 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

Okay, I think I’ve hit my first DS4.5Pro problem. This is the way I work and until now it has worked everytime. I only install Genesis Items into DS4’s My Library. All my other items go into my HUGE DS3A Content folder. Once I install item in DS3A I use Catagories to keep my Items right where I want them. I close DS3A and Open DS4 and do a Migrate Old Content Database. In the past (DS4Pro) all my new items were in my Folders right where I put them. In DS4.5Pro after 3 times nothing. All my content shows in DS3A but Not DS4.5Pro.

Help!! I really need this to work.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 18 August 2012 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 194 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9581
Joined  2007-11-06
Jaderail - 18 August 2012 01:02 PM

Okay, I think I’ve hit my first DS4.5Pro problem. This is the way I work and until now it has worked everytime. I only install Genesis Items into DS4’s My Library. All my other items go into my HUGE DS3A Content folder. Once I install item in DS3A I use Catagories to keep my Items right where I want them. I close DS3A and Open DS4 and do a Migrate Old Content Database. In the past (DS4Pro) all my new items were in my Folders right where I put them. In DS4.5Pro after 3 times nothing. All my content shows in DS3A but Not DS4.5Pro.

Help!! I really need this to work.

I work the same way, let me try it out.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 18 August 2012 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 195 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  823
Joined  2003-10-09

ArtistB3: that exact same problem happened to me many times in an earlier release and I never could figure out what the problem was. I ended up having to remake a lot of my scenes and characters, which is why I encourage everyone to save all of your characters’ MATs, and MORs (morphs/character presets) as Character files (save as Depreciated -> Character Preset) so you can quickly remake anything that explodes like in your example.

No matter what you do, DO NOT OVERWRITE any of your DS 4.0 saved scenes with DS 4.5 ones!

Now before I panic anyone, I have had no problems so far with my 4.5 upgrade, and I have not experienced the exploding mesh in quite a while.  smile  Genesis loads in seconds in this new version and being able to hide entire groups of objects is a nice addition.

Signature 

“It answers all the questions, finally, but not really, but kind of”
- Bob Denver

my deviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com

Smacky icon by Xamag

13 of 65