Have you seen this? Reality for Poser!

hblyonhblyon Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi.

I just saw that Pret-a-3D posted about Reality for Poser:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5325/

Can't wait!

Comments

  • edited December 1969

    There's already a free exporter to luxrender available for poser: Pose2lux.

  • WandWWandW Posts: 1,347
    edited December 1969

    Apparently Reality will translate some procedural shaders, although I''m not sure what to what extent......

  • hblyonhblyon Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    fivecat said:
    There's already a free exporter to luxrender available for poser: Pose2lux.

    Yes, I tried it and I prefer Reality. Nothing against the P2L author, he did a good job writing it in spare time.

    Reality is just more complete and easy to use.

    H.

  • GKDantasGKDantas Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

    I like the way the Poser team worked togheter with Paolo to create a new framework for Poser... maybe was about that Paolo talked to create the same thing for Carrara, so Reality could work with it.

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,905
    edited December 1969

    Merging this with the existing thread on the subject.

  • WandWWandW Posts: 1,347
    edited August 2012

    chohole said:
    Merging this with the existing thread on the subject.

    Kerwyn's thread wasn't about Reality; it was about Poser SR3 and the GOZ plugin... :-/

    Has anyone seen any specifics from SIGGRAPH about SR3? I know that single-axis scaling was included, but I know Phantom3D was weightmapping the G2 figures, and was wondering if that was included in SR3...

    Post edited by WandW on
  • KerwinKerwin Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    WandW said:
    chohole said:
    Merging this with the existing thread on the subject.

    Kerwyn's thread wasn't about Reality; it was about Poser SR3 and the GOZ plugin... :-/

    And the new figures... And indicating the dates . . .

    For those who care, the GoZ plugin is coming this month with SR3 (according to the news release.) The GoZ plugin is free for PoserPro 2012 owners.

    Reality3 is expected to ship in November.

    Personally, I'm excited about the Zbrush functionality, as well as the rigging enhancements...but I'll go elsewhere to discuss them.

    "On topic" (now that the moderators have spoken): I'm buying Reality 3 for Poser as soon as it's out the door, BTW.)

    Cheers!

    -K

  • pcicconepciccone Posts: 411
    edited December 1969

    WandW said:
    Apparently Reality will translate some procedural shaders, although I''m not sure what to what extent......

    Reality 3 for Poser traverses the full shader tree of all materials and it converts all nodes that make sense for LuxRender. Some are used for their information content. You can count on the conversion to be as accurate as it can be.

    Cheers.

  • pcicconepciccone Posts: 411
    edited December 1969

    GKDantas said:
    I like the way the Poser team worked togheter with Paolo to create a new framework for Poser... maybe was about that Paolo talked to create the same thing for Carrara, so Reality could work with it.

    It was actually a different case but it was great to see how the Poser team jumped at the opportunity. I made the case that we needed some extensions in order to provide a User Experience that was smoother and they agreed. When SR3 will be available everybody will be able to see the changes. This is really a win/win for the Poser community. Developers of plug-ins get more power and flexibility to create more advanced plugins, users get a better User Experience and easier integration of plug-ins.

    Cheers.

  • pcicconepciccone Posts: 411
    edited December 1969

    Kerwin said:

    "On topic" (now that the moderators have spoken): I'm buying Reality 3 for Poser as soon as it's out the door, BTW.)
    -K

    More pressure for me to release it asap :)
    Thank you Kerwin.

  • KerwinKerwin Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Pret-A-3D said:

    More pressure for me to release it asap :)
    Thank you Kerwin.

    Release it when it is ready. :) When it comes to rendering, I like my systems to be rock solid. ;)

    Looking forward to seeing the Reality 3 setup in action--it should add a new level of realism to my Zbrush critters.

    -K

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel