RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1307
Joined  2003-10-19
Woolyloach - 08 August 2012 06:17 PM

If it slithers, I want it!!!!

Wishlisted until Payday, which thankfully us TOMORROW!!! snake

LOL And I so love to do things that slither :D

Signature 

—- Don’t knock on death’s door… ring the doorbell and run (he HATES that)

| My Store on DAZ | D4IVI4G3 Iµ© | Facebook |

Need help with something of mine? Shoot me an email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 08 August 2012 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17

This critter is unbelievable!  Just trying to see if I can’t get Alexa to work out some animate sequences for it.

He’s just sayin ‘Hi!’  grin

Kendall

Image Attachments
sayin-hi.jpg
 Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 08 August 2012 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2840
Joined  0
IgnisSerpentus - 08 August 2012 06:21 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA I lied, I had money left!  Shrieker is downloading NOW!!! snake

I feel extra bitey now, w00t! vampire

Signature 

My bloggity blog: http://the-serpents-fang.blogspot.com/
My Red Room Authors Page: http://redroom.com/member/edward-averill

Posted: 08 August 2012 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-19
Woolyloach - 08 August 2012 06:37 PM
IgnisSerpentus - 08 August 2012 06:21 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA I lied, I had money left!  Shrieker is downloading NOW!!! snake

I feel extra bitey now, w00t! vampire

LOL well hope you will add your render to our army of Shriekers hehehehee

Signature 

Need help with something of mine? Shoot me an email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 08 August 2012 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17

From the back…

Singing REO:

Time 4 me 2 fly,
Ohh I gotta set myself free….

grin

I tried to connect the wings to the soft tissue above their current connection point, but the poke-thru was just too obvious.  So I connected them to the back plate.  It’s not perfect, but it does at least look acceptable.

Kendall

Image Attachments
Time4me2fly.jpg
 Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 08 August 2012 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2005-09-21

Is this model only for Studio 4? The textures show up fine if I load the Shrieker in Studio 4, but in Studio 3 (which I’m still using because I hate Studio 4’s UI layout) it refuses to apply textures.

Posted: 08 August 2012 11:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Anime_Otaku102 - 08 August 2012 11:13 PM

Is this model only for Studio 4? The textures show up fine if I load the Shrieker in Studio 4, but in Studio 3 (which I’m still using because I hate Studio 4’s UI layout) it refuses to apply textures.

Works fine for me in DS3.

Kendall

Image Attachments
Screenshot-50.png
 Signature 

Posted: 08 August 2012 11:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-19

It will work in Studio 3, but you need to have the Elite Human Surface Shader installed (because the MATs have SSS)  —- http://www.daz3d.com/shop/elite-human-surface-shader/

Signature 

Posted: 09 August 2012 12:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
Joined  2005-09-21

Hmm, strange, I have the EHSS from the Stephanie 4 Elite bundle, which I assumed was the same thing, but could never get it to work properly. Looks like I’ll have to poke Studio 3 a little more.

Posted: 09 August 2012 12:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-19
Anime_Otaku102 - 09 August 2012 12:03 AM

Hmm, strange, I have the EHSS from the Stephanie 4 Elite bundle, which I assumed was the same thing, but could never get it to work properly. Looks like I’ll have to poke Studio 3 a little more.

Yeah, Ive encountered similar experiences with alpha testing and certain plugins. Like once, a Dreamlight thing had disabled another plugin from working (I guess due to a conflict with the scripting) So that’s a possible avenue to look at.

If you cant get it to work tho, give me a shout… Ill make you some mats that don’t require it. They won’t have SSS, but, all the shineys in the world are useless if it wont render lol

Signature 

Posted: 09 August 2012 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
Joined  2005-09-21
IgnisSerpentus - 09 August 2012 12:07 AM

Yeah, Ive encountered similar experiences with alpha testing and certain plugins. Like once, a Dreamlight thing had disabled another plugin from working (I guess due to a conflict with the scripting) So that’s a possible avenue to look at.

If you cant get it to work tho, give me a shout… Ill make you some mats that don’t require it. They won’t have SSS, but, all the shineys in the world are useless if it wont render lol

Whew, thankfully it won’t have to come to that. I hadn’t updated Studio 3 since 3.1.2.24, saw in another post that 3.1.2.32 has EHSS built in, and happened to have the installer for that languishing around (tend not to bother updating unless I actually encounter a problem, but keep the installers handy just in case). Updating did the trick, and now I have a fully skinned Shrieker in my rendering window! Thanks for the help :D

Edit: and for some reason the standard smiley looks like I’m rolling my eyes.

Posted: 09 August 2012 12:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-19
Anime_Otaku102 - 09 August 2012 12:40 AM
IgnisSerpentus - 09 August 2012 12:07 AM

Whew, thankfully it won’t have to come to that. I hadn’t updated Studio 3 since 3.1.2.24, saw in another post that 3.1.2.32 has EHSS built in, and happened to have the installer for that languishing around (tend not to bother updating unless I actually encounter a problem, but keep the installers handy just in case). Updating did the trick, and now I have a fully skinned Shrieker in my rendering window! Thanks for the help :D

Edit: and for some reason the standard smiley looks like I’m rolling my eyes.

Awesome!!! Im glad you got it working smile And LOL yah, the new smilies take a little getting used to for sure

Signature 

Posted: 09 August 2012 02:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4815
Joined  2011-10-04

Since everyone is doing renders, I decided to do something different. Sure, there’s a render… but if you play D&D3;.5e, this one should work out nicely for ya. OGL, go nuts, use in any way you like.

(FYI, if people want me to monsterify critters for gaming, that’s doable, I got 12 years of experience with D&D3;.5e…)

Image Attachments
dark_apocalypse_shrieker_worm.jpg
 Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 09 August 2012 02:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-19
Skiriki - 09 August 2012 02:06 AM

Since everyone is doing renders, I decided to do something different. Sure, there’s a render… but if you play D&D3;.5e, this one should work out nicely for ya. OGL, go nuts, use in any way you like.

(FYI, if people want me to monsterify critters for gaming, that’s doable, I got 12 years of experience with D&D3;.5e…)

Hey, thats a really cool idea. And yah, right there with ya lol I decided to do something diff, and did an aged parchment page with all its characteristics and anatomy. I even rendered with sketch in poser, so it would look drawn.  Its always interesting to do something a little different than a straight up render.

Signature 

Posted: 09 August 2012 05:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15792
Joined  2003-10-09

The last version of DS3 does include HSS in the base isntall, not need to add it separately.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

8 of 12