Fenric’s MDD plugin? Another plugin I have to buy? Hmm, no I think I manage with C4D tools.
I saw the video nice work!,
yes, as you did but with my own quirks…
I plan to do it the following way,
1) Model the environment in C4D
2) Bring it into Lumion and make a short movie.
3) Create camera movement in C4D to match up the movie clip
4) Make the animation in Carrara as a series of clips
5) Export all clips to C4D with bvh and adjust to fit
The cloth will be a combination of modeled conforming cloth and simulated cloth. It is important that the cloth is of high quality as that is the most important in the MD monthly competition..
6) In C4D I dress up the character with the conforming clothing
7) Export the fully clothed avatar to Marvelous Designer with point cache (obj+mdd files)
8) Create the outer, simulated clothing in Marvelous Designer
9) Export back to C4D for final video rendering
The advantage of that workflow which I hope to reuse many times is that even in the final step you still can do adjustment of hands/feets and head and even do small changes to the clothing. (the bones are still intact)
Edit: I did a preliminary test as you can se here,
nothing fancy just as a proof of concept.