45 of 51
Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders
Posted: 15 January 2013 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 661 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1609
Joined  2008-11-10
Spyro - 15 January 2013 02:37 AM

@Male-M3dia - Awesome man! When’s your teens coming out? I’ve been keeping my eye on the new releases for them.

Thanks! And the teens should be on their way; the changes I had to make were a bit more involved than just the teeth. I did work on a few more teens, but I can’t show them since they kind of show what we’re working on next. wink

Posted: 15 January 2013 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 662 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3572
Joined  2012-02-06

Thanks, Shaaelia and Spyro! Shaaelia, I’ll take credit for the expression but not the pose (one of S5’s default poses).

@Male-M3dia: Looks great! I’m really looking forward to your upcoming product(s)!

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 15 January 2013 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 663 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4911
Joined  2009-02-26
Male-M3dia - 15 January 2013 09:52 AM
Spyro - 15 January 2013 02:37 AM

@Male-M3dia - Awesome man! When’s your teens coming out? I’ve been keeping my eye on the new releases for them.

Thanks! And the teens should be on their way; the changes I had to make were a bit more involved than just the teeth. I did work on a few more teens, but I can’t show them since they kind of show what we’re working on next. wink

Well, well, sounds like you got another one on the way, cool! smile

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 17 January 2013 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 664 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  483
Joined  2003-11-30
DaWaterRat - 06 January 2013 05:01 PM

Whenever I have a problem with an outfit, I always do a lot of checking and double checking to be sure which end the problem is on.

When there is no thread in the commons with something to the effect of “x outfit isn’t working right” with at least five “Me toos” posted to it, I tend to assume that the problem is, somehow, on my end.

Maybe something got messed up on the install.  Maybe it wound up in a bad sector.  Maybe the download was corrupted, but not enough to prevent the install.

But I’m not having the level of problem you are, and I have a slower machine.

I lost this thread and had to look a bit to find it again, but I’d like to put a question to anyone who’s willing to comment. I recently picked up the Teen Swag and Tre outfits for YT5 and have been having some issues myself. It seems that whenever I fit the clothing to the YT5 figures (and they fit beautifully, by the way) the ability to pose the figures slows to a crawl or locks up all together. Anybody else having these problems? I’m on Studio 4.5, Windows XP with a good enough memory and etc. What puzzles me is that I can fit any of the other clothing (M4, V4, A4 and the like) to these figures and not have this problem. I’ve updated the figures, uninstalled the clothing, reinstalled the clothing and experienced the same effect. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Posted: 17 January 2013 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 665 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
Lord Ganthor - 17 January 2013 07:27 PM

I lost this thread and had to look a bit to find it again, but I’d like to put a question to anyone who’s willing to comment. I recently picked up the Teen Swag and Tre outfits for YT5 and have been having some issues myself. It seems that whenever I fit the clothing to the YT5 figures (and they fit beautifully, by the way) the ability to pose the figures slows to a crawl or locks up all together. Anybody else having these problems? I’m on Studio 4.5, Windows XP with a good enough memory and etc. What puzzles me is that I can fit any of the other clothing (M4, V4, A4 and the like) to these figures and not have this problem. I’ve updated the figures, uninstalled the clothing, reinstalled the clothing and experienced the same effect. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Unless you are running 64 bit XP and have over 4 GB of RAM…no, you are not. DS 4.5 isn’t really a 32 bit application, any longer…all the bells and whistles are at the very upper limit of what a 32 bit version of Windows can handle.  Basically, you are bogging down on the smoothing.

Under each item of clothing, turn off smoothing (it’s under Parameters) until you are ready to render.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 18 January 2013 04:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 666 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  483
Joined  2003-11-30
mjc1016 - 17 January 2013 08:56 PM

Unless you are running 64 bit XP and have over 4 GB of RAM…no, you are not. DS 4.5 isn’t really a 32 bit application, any longer…all the bells and whistles are at the very upper limit of what a 32 bit version of Windows can handle.  Basically, you are bogging down on the smoothing.

Under each item of clothing, turn off smoothing (it’s under Parameters) until you are ready to render.

Thanks for the info. I suspected that might be the problem but haven’t had the time to fully explore it. I just thought it was peculiar that, so far, these have been the only clothing pieces I’ve had trouble with. I rarely do my final renders in Studio (I’m a Bryce user) so I’m interested to see if there’s any difference between smooth and unsmooth in the export. Thanks again.

Posted: 18 January 2013 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 667 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
Lord Ganthor - 18 January 2013 04:30 AM
mjc1016 - 17 January 2013 08:56 PM

Thanks for the info. I suspected that might be the problem but haven’t had the time to fully explore it. I just thought it was peculiar that, so far, these have been the only clothing pieces I’ve had trouble with. I rarely do my final renders in Studio (I’m a Bryce user) so I’m interested to see if there’s any difference between smooth and unsmooth in the export. Thanks again.

Smoothing is one of the things that eats up quite a bit of processing power…and the constant redraws and discarded calculations will bring a really highend machine to a crawl, if there’s enough of them (more than one or two items in a scene with more than a couple collision/smoothing iterations each).

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 18 January 2013 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 668 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  627
Joined  2007-12-04

Smoothing really does makes a huge difference.

Signature 

Follow me on facebook, check out my website or find my freebies here.
Don’t forget to have a look at The Wizard’s Library, my multi-figure Daz scene.

Posted: 21 January 2013 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 669 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  139
Joined  0

This thread seems to be slipping a bit, so here’s a recent picture of mine - three teen girls larking around.

With 50-60% Julie, various amounts of V5 and S5. Left is based on Candace, middle based on Leah and right based on Tamesis.

cool smile

Image Attachments
Casual_girls.jpg

Posted: 21 January 2013 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 670 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  977
Joined  2006-02-27

czexana that is a lovely render

thank you for posting

Posted: 22 January 2013 12:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 671 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11175
Joined  2007-11-06

...a little more work on Leela now that the teeth issue is fixed.

Playing around a bit with collision detection and layered the Mall Girl jacket over the Pullover.

Rendered in 3Delight with my quick five source light setup (non UE).

Image Attachments
leela_5_test.jpg
 Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 24 January 2013 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 672 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Love her expression grin

Signature 

Posted: 25 January 2013 12:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 673 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11175
Joined  2007-11-06

[bugger, stupid Reset trashed my response just before I was about to submit]

...thank you,  This is so much closer to the way I imagined my little Leela. She really looks like a pre teen now.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 25 January 2013 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 674 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2406
Joined  2003-12-06

Why does the expression on her face make me think she’s just said “who, me?” or maybe “Evidence? What evidence?”

To quote from a story I read recently, you can just make out the horns holding up her halo…  wink

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 25 January 2013 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 675 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Perfect quote for that image, Spotted Kitty grin

Question: Is there any hint as to a K5 shape for Genesis?

Signature 

45 of 51