44 of 51
Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders
Posted: 06 January 2013 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 646 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1847
Joined  2005-04-15
fruitwort - 06 January 2013 01:04 PM

Thank you, people, for taking the trouble to help out.

Briefly, according to DXdiag my system is:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SE
Twin 19” View Sonic VA926g 19” Monitors 1260x1024
Intel(R)Core(TM)  i7CPU 860 2.80GHz (8CPUs),~2.8GHz
8192MB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Surely this should be adequate!

I think my best solution is to bin Pink Ink; Mall Girl works just fine.

Carrie58, if you can manage to always keep your cool in the face of inadequacy, then I envy you! smile

For what it’s worth, I picked up Pink Ink as part of the pro bundle and haven’t had a real problem with the vest… but I almost habitually turn off smoothing and collisions on items that lay on top of each other in genesis while posing and only turn them back on when it gets close to time for the final set of renders,  I just picked up Sickleyield’s Breast fixer, which may fix part of the problem (which is mainly the outer piece of clothing struggling to conform to the contours of a very irregular surface) but I haven’t had a chance to play with it yet.  And my system is fairly high-end - I7-3770K @ 350Ghz, with 32 GB RAM, with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 and DS4 64 both running on an SSD drive. (7.7 Windows Experience Index, FWTW.) 

That said, I haven’t had any real problems with the clothes, but the shoes ARE a pain.  They don’t seem to install well on anything other than the base Julie foot, but the trick seems to be in a little scaling and a lot in getting the toes bent in the right direction.  Ironically, unlike V4, who was born with her feet in a pump, Genesis base feet are flat, so anything with an extreme heel tends to confuse it.  YMMV.

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 06 January 2013 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 647 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2268
Joined  2003-12-06
fruitwort - 06 January 2013 10:20 AM

And as for the Boots! Justine seems to suffer from club foot! There is a function under Pose which appears to profess to fix it, but it doesn’t!

Just noticed this. Have you been applying the pose to the boots or to Genesis? These boots are pretty much rigid, so the feet aren’t going to be posable all that much. Apply the pose to Genesis, and that’ll set the feet to match the shape of the boots. I just tried applying the pose to the boots, and all it does is distort the boots just as badly in a different direction.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 06 January 2013 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 648 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10698
Joined  2007-11-06
mjc1016 - 06 January 2013 12:37 PM

..and 64 bit OS is needed to be able to use more than 4 GB of RAM.

...actually, 3GB of RAM in 32 bit, if you can make use of the 3GB switch (XPPro or Win7 required) that opens an additional 1GB for application operations as 1GB is reserved for the OS and other system processes.  Most older 32 bit systems (particularly notebooks) tend to support a maximum of 4GB.

Agreed with today’s more fully featured applications and richer textures for much of the content, that is still woefully inadequate (one freebie setting I looked at recently weighed in at a whopping 1.3GB in compressed format).

On Intel integrated graphics, yeah they are a real bugger as they do not have resident memory but instead rely on system memory.  Many of these chipsets are dynamic, meaning they have a min - max variable (for example my old notebook ranges from 8 to only 128MB and that is taken from main system memory which is also needed to run the application and handle/render the scene, hence a “lose - lose” situation).

Another issue that impacts viewport performance is the system’s OpenGL support.  4.5 requires a minimum of ver. 1.6 with ver. 2.2 as the “optimal”.  This is what interprets shaders used in 2D & 3D applications. Again the bigger the texture maps and thus more complex the shaders, the more demand they put on the OpenGL API (application programming interface) to process.

In my notebook I am running ver. 1.4 which is the latest version my that my 6 year old chipset supports (two versions older than the 4.5’s minimum) and in all but the simplest scenes, viewport performance is very sluggish and prone to occasional “blackouts” if I make too large an adjustment to camera position or morph sliders. When this happens it requires exiting the application without saving the scene (saving tends to create mapping issues with the textures when the scene is reloaded) and restarting the programme to clear everything from memory.

The release of OpenGL 2.0 was a major step as it included GLSL (OpenGL Shading Language) which used a syntax based on the C programming language instead of complex assembly or hardware specific code. This made it much more intuitive for shader developers to work with, allowing for the programming of more complex and detailed shaders which in turn benefited the development of larger, richer and more accurate textures.

One work around I use when posing or positioning scene elements is to set the display to Smooth Shaded ore even Wire Shaded mode.  This reduces memory and OpenGL load as the system does not have to handle reprocessing textures every time a change is made.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 06 January 2013 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 649 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2009-03-31

Thanks for trying, people, but you all seem to be overlooking the fact that there is nothing wrong with my computer, as is evidenced by the fact that other products, e.g. Mall Girl perform with absolutely no problem. Pink Ink doesn’t work with ANY of my Genesis figures!

As fas as I am concerned, the fault lies with the creators of Pink Ink. It just doesn’t work and I really do not have the time or inclination to jump thru hoops in attempts to circumnavigate their problems.

Maybe one day, after pigs start flying, we will have a manual and proper AND complete Read Mes from the creators (artists?).

Posted: 06 January 2013 05:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 650 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1381
Joined  2006-07-04

Whenever I have a problem with an outfit, I always do a lot of checking and double checking to be sure which end the problem is on.

When there is no thread in the commons with something to the effect of “x outfit isn’t working right” with at least five “Me toos” posted to it, I tend to assume that the problem is, somehow, on my end.

Maybe something got messed up on the install.  Maybe it wound up in a bad sector.  Maybe the download was corrupted, but not enough to prevent the install.

But I’m not having the level of problem you are, and I have a slower machine.

Image Attachments
Pink_Ink_Test.png
 Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 06 January 2013 05:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 651 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2003-12-07

You know at times I have gotten mad at things and I have come to this conclusion. Daz Studio, Carrara, Poser or any other software is always a starting point to artwork. I have much in the way of premade figures and clothes as well as scenes. But, With them as a starting point I will need to use shaping and texturing programs to end up with artwork I can say is mine. I’ve been studying Poser for years now and Switched to Daz resently (always used thier figures).

Let me just say this no one way of producing my art is going to work. So when I have problems like the ones your having I (for me) either fix it my own way or just wait for something better. Let me give you a for instance….

I was waiting for Daz to release YT5 for a long time but during that time I made my own and converted old V4 models, both helped me understand inner workings better. When the Teeth issue came up I knew I could fix it easily myself in a perminat manner, but, wanting a official fix I just waited. The teeth and the YT5 figures are just one example because really, this happens all the time. My suggestion is Don’t get frustrated!!!!

Posted: 06 January 2013 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 652 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10698
Joined  2007-11-06

...yeah I got so tired of waiting I went back to Gen4 with GenX and Genesis.  Then Thorne released Satsuki.  Yes, she is more “stylised” but with a bit of patient morphing I was able to create a really nice teen character with her.

This kind if thing is nothing new to me being a veteran of the old Lil’ Vicky” thread a couple years ago where the challenge was to create a 7 - 8 year old from V4.

Image Attachments
Satsuki_Leela.jpg
 Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 06 January 2013 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 653 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1847
Joined  2005-04-15
SpottedKitty - 06 January 2013 04:30 PM
fruitwort - 06 January 2013 10:20 AM

And as for the Boots! Justine seems to suffer from club foot! There is a function under Pose which appears to profess to fix it, but it doesn’t!

Just noticed this. Have you been applying the pose to the boots or to Genesis? These boots are pretty much rigid, so the feet aren’t going to be posable all that much. Apply the pose to Genesis, and that’ll set the feet to match the shape of the boots. I just tried applying the pose to the boots, and all it does is distort the boots just as badly in a different direction.

Actually, in my - admittedly limited - use of the boots, it seems that scaling/bending yields slightly superior results.  And extreme example is shown below. raspberry   From top to bottom:  1 Baba’s dainty footies, 2. PI boots applied wuing foot morph.  3 same boots, but scaled and bent.  Neither is great, but the third version is definitely closer, and I’ve found it useful in putting the boots on less extreme tootsies.  And fortunately, I can’t imagine ever using these all that much. The rest of the outfit is nice, though.

Image Attachments
Bootie_boo_boo.jpg
 Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 06 January 2013 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 654 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
Kyoto Kid - 06 January 2013 04:46 PM
mjc1016 - 06 January 2013 12:37 PM

..and 64 bit OS is needed to be able to use more than 4 GB of RAM.

...actually, 3GB of RAM in 32 bit, if you can make use of the 3GB switch (XPPro or Win7 required) that opens an additional 1GB for application operations as 1GB is reserved for the OS and other system processes.  Most older 32 bit systems (particularly notebooks) tend to support a maximum of 4GB.

Or any 32 bit Linux or OS-X…

The 2 or 3 GB 32 bit limit is a Windows ‘thing’...

The thing is, fruitwort, if that one is causing problems, then it is likely other things or large scenes will do it, too.

I agree, though, something designed for Genesis shouldn’t require a lot of smoothing.  I can see it with converted items.  You shouldn’t have to go beyond four iterations of smoothing with something that’s designed for the character it claims to fit.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 09 January 2013 06:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 655 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2011-11-11

I had been working on my own teen render using Satsuki as a base, then fell down the rabbit hole of trying to get he skin looking as good as I could (from another thread I was following at the same time), then the teens came out and I sort of forgot about posting her to this thread.

Satsuki and several other morphs that I have, still don’t have the teens or S5 so I could probably improve things a little if I wanted to. I’m not entirely sure if I pulled off a good teen or more of a petite adult, feedback appreciated. The skin texture is Dublin.

Image Attachments
Full-body-1.jpg
 Signature 

Andrew Dacey
Photographer
Geek

Posted: 09 January 2013 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 656 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2009-03-31

You are absolutely right, SpottedKitty. In fact I had noted this on my printed copy of the ReadMe but obviously forgot all about it!

Wouldn’t it be nice if the artist had included a line on this in the official ReadMe! rolleyes

Sorry,adacey, but to me she does look rather like a petite adult.red face

I give up trying to make the quote display correctly!!!

Posted: 11 January 2013 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 657 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1572
Joined  2008-11-10

Finished most of what I was doing so worked on some M5 young teen/young adult mophs…

Image Attachments
Boy_01_WIP.jpg

Posted: 15 January 2013 12:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 658 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3368
Joined  2012-02-06

I was experimenting with mixing Young Teen Julie with Candace for S5, and she turned out so well that I decided to make a couple of friends for her, too. All three use Julie at half-strength.

Skins (left to right): Candace, Chablis, Elite Marie.

They’re supposed to be high school -aged girls, maybe 16-18. What do you think?

Image Attachments
haircomp2h.jpg
 Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 15 January 2013 02:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 659 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  624
Joined  2007-12-04

They look great Scott - love the expression and pose on the middle girl smile

Signature 

Follow me on facebook, check out my website or find my freebies here.
Don’t forget to have a look at The Wizard’s Library, my multi-figure Daz scene.

Posted: 15 January 2013 02:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 660 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4866
Joined  2009-02-26

Well done Scott, they look great! Love the different styles and personalities of them. Cool smile

@Male-M3dia - Awesome man! When’s your teens coming out? I’ve been keeping my eye on the new releases for them.

Signature 

You will forever be in my memories and my heart, I will miss you always Jaderail, Rest in peace my friend. Some day we shall meet again.
- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

44 of 51