40 of 51
Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders
Posted: 22 December 2012 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 586 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4890
Joined  2009-02-26
Cypherfox - 20 December 2012 02:29 AM

Just a small note, Dogz, really enjoying all the clothes you have put out so far and especially appreciate that you concentrate on easy to mix-and-match, everyday clothes and you always add special movement/correction morphs where they make sense. I am really getting tired of certain vendors getting a bit ‘sloppy’ (intentional or not intentional) when it comes to that or on the rigging part, so appreciate the effort you put into your clothes.

Certainly, you are not the only vendor putting in that effort, just felt this needs to be saying as this is a top-selling point for me when buying products.

I agree Dogz has done a brilliant job with the clothes! I have noticed an influx of clothing lately that has a lack of logical correctional fix morphs and morphs as well. I’ve became very hesitant to buy clothing for that reason. Great job Dogz Lovin your work smile

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 22 December 2012 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 587 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2008-11-10
Spyro - 21 December 2012 11:55 PM

Only thing I am not happy with the teens5 is the teeth. They have no morph to return them to default teeth, Far to extreme for my taste, good for characters much much younger, but not for your average teen. Hitomi teeth morph can reduce it I hear, and upcoming ‘Dental Plan’ by Zev has been tested which fixes it well. Just didn’t expect to come across this with teens 5.

What has me confused is that the faces for teens 5 doesn’t show the massive gaps between each tooth… Wondering if the teeth is supposed to go all big gappy.

Both Justin and Julie seem to have the big gaps in their character morphs, but Justin more so than Julie.

My product fixes the teeth issues on my morphs as well as put Justin and Julie more in proportion with the other DAZ characters. I posted a render with the height comparison between M5 and Justin and my Justin morphs. The other shows the jaggy teeth issue is fixed.

Image Attachments
Height_comparison.jpgTeeth_Fixed.jpg

Posted: 22 December 2012 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 588 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Well done man! I’m really liking your teens! And they are very nicely defined too.  The fix will be a big help! I’m hoping it was an unintended bug in the two base products.

Looking forward to your packs release! It will be mine cheese

Signature 

Posted: 22 December 2012 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 589 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-10
Spyro - 22 December 2012 08:56 AM

Well done man! I’m really liking your teens! And they are very nicely defined too.  The fix will be a big help! I’m hoping it was an unintended bug in the two base products.

Well my fix only affects my morphs… can’t fix stuff that isn’t mine, however it shouldn’t be hard for them to fix. I think the issue is when you export genesis using the wrong settings. Morphs have to exported at “base” (can add 0 subdivisions just to be safe). I think the morphs were repeatedly exported and imported at “high resolution, zero subdivisions”... so the teeth get messed up after a while. I did on a morph one time, luckily I didn’t like the way it was coming out so I discarded it, but it’s important how you export genesis so you’re working directly with the subdivision cage.

Posted: 22 December 2012 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 590 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Oooo, I guessing it wont be so simple of a fix for Daz then. I wonder how much it affected the definition of the body at the same time? Cos it wouldn’t be just the teeth that were affected I assume.

Also - Back to your pack, are you spill some more previews or a preview thread before its release? cheese I’m lovin what I’ve seen! The portraits were fantastic too! Also, I found it funny that after all this time, we discussed teens, you were in on the content for them. Gave me a smile when the PC Previews appeared lol

Signature 

Posted: 22 December 2012 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 591 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-10
Spyro - 22 December 2012 09:12 AM

Also - Back to your pack, are you spill some more previews or a preview thread before its release? cheese I’m lovin what I’ve seen! The portraits were fantastic too!

In promo hell right now. :(

Hopefully I can finish those today.

Also, I found it funny that after all this time, we discussed teens, you were in on the content for them. Gave me a smile when the PC Previews appeared lol

Yeah, ya’ll gotta learn to be a bit more patient. wink Still think your teens are good as well, as well as that outfit… wouldn’t mind getting a copy of that. smile

Posted: 22 December 2012 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 592 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Thanks man! I started to add some justin to him as a trial, but to be honest, I find I’m rather happy with him as is lol The last month I’ve actually been aging him towards the 15-16 target, but trying to keep a shortness stature about him at the same time. Funny because it’s been easier for me to make him younger. I’m considering creating a FBM based on him.

The outfit is coming together, I’m just so limited with time lately that my progress has slowed. I’m getting into subdivision, I find it really adds to that realism, and helps everything to flow nicely… I’m just trying to balance the poly count with the SubD for good detailed geometry. Biggest thing I wish to accomplish is realism in close ups not just long shots.

On your previews - I would have thought that would be fun for you to do… I cant wait to have my items ready for Promos, kinda like meditation after a war with vertices’s and polygons and UV mapping lol

Signature 

Posted: 22 December 2012 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 593 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-10
Spyro - 22 December 2012 09:34 AM

On your previews - I would have thought that would be fun for you to do… I cant wait to have my items ready for Promos, kinda like meditation after a war with vertices’s and polygons and UV mapping lol

I’m backlogged on what I need to do, so the promos have to pretty much serve as the previews.

Posted: 22 December 2012 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 594 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4531
Joined  2004-08-11
Male-M3dia - 22 December 2012 09:01 AM
Spyro - 22 December 2012 08:56 AM

Well my fix only affects my morphs… can’t fix stuff that isn’t mine, however it shouldn’t be hard for them to fix. I think the issue is when you export genesis using the wrong settings. Morphs have to exported at “base” (can add 0 subdivisions just to be safe). I think the morphs were repeatedly exported and imported at “high resolution, zero subdivisions”... so the teeth get messed up after a while. I did on a morph one time, luckily I didn’t like the way it was coming out so I discarded it, but it’s important how you export genesis so you’re working directly with the subdivision cage.

That’s my thinking.  Teeth will not shrink like that without multiple times in and our of ZBrush.  I’ve found that by grouping and masking the teeth during morphing keeps them safe from such horrid deformations.  But it’s all a learning process and as I’ve stated Thorne does excellent work so perhaps he/she will be unhappily surprised when returning from vacation to find this glaring issue awaiting a fix.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 22 December 2012 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 595 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  821
Joined  2008-04-29

Here is another render of J & J. I love the Mall Girl outfit. Thanks, Dogz!

(I just downloaded the “stopgap” cheese tooth fix from ShareCG and haven’t tried it yet.)

Image Attachments
youngteens1.jpg
 Signature 

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
My deviantART gallery: http://lucia45.deviantart.com/

Posted: 22 December 2012 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 596 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2235
Joined  2012-02-04
Luci45 - 22 December 2012 02:12 PM

(I just downloaded the “stopgap” cheese tooth fix from ShareCG and haven’t tried it yet.)

Which ShareCG item are you going to try?

Posted: 22 December 2012 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 597 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  691
Joined  2010-03-13
barbult - 22 December 2012 02:26 PM
Luci45 - 22 December 2012 02:12 PM

Which ShareCG item are you going to try?

I assume this one

Teeth Morph Adjustments- Genesis Teens DS4.5

Posted: 22 December 2012 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 598 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10937
Joined  2007-11-06

...thank you for the link.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 22 December 2012 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 599 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2007-08-25

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/13808/ - The teen teeth thread. smile The morph is around page 4, but there’s other info there too, like an image using the Hitomi (sp?) to fix the teeth, and others smile

Signature 

————-
2012: The world ended. We missed it. Maybe next time.
DVL_LVD @ ShareCG

Posted: 23 December 2012 12:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 600 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1872
Joined  2005-04-15

Been posting Julie renders in the official render thread, but I posted an early teen test a ways back, and this is where it finally evolved.  90% Satsuki, with a little K4 and SP4.  Unbelievable… after how many years without a single viable teen to replace Luke and Laura, we get three of them in a single month.

Image Attachments
Satsuki_-_Teen_Adventurer_SM.jpg
 Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

40 of 51