33 of 51
Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders
Posted: 09 December 2012 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 481 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2009-11-20
RCDeschene - 08 December 2012 03:43 AM
ShawnDonaldson - 07 December 2012 05:13 AM

Just found this thread and have been trying to catch up.  Many thanks to RCDeschene for (his/her) posts and sharing the dial spins.  Here’s my try based upon The RCDeschene settings with some changes to soften the chin.  The expressions are left default for comparison.  The base genesis male is included for scale.
Suggestions are welcome.
Can’t wait to see the new products coming down the pipeline. grin

You love me! You really love me! :‘D

But not as much as I LOVE the skin on your Luke. Which is it? smile

hmmm…. Thought I’d responded to this, but can’t find the post, so here I go again. wink
The texture is Caleb:  http://www.daz3d.com/shop/caleb-for-m4-and-genesis-m5

He started out on another site, where I got it.  He’s been updated for Genesis, and is totally worth it.  The artists (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/phoenix1966 ) even make the update available to me.  Thanks Phenoix 1966!

Posted: 09 December 2012 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 482 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1637
Joined  2009-08-08

The render, as promised.

There’s some dial spinning. I mixed her with Murgatroyd’s Tween girl and the head is about 40% Rachel K4 ported in from GenX. I couldn’t find whatever it was that I had selected when the FBM Julie popped up. But I didn’t imagine it.

Navari V4 texture (another Thorneworks product) and the new Dragon Princess outfit and hair. It seems to work fairly well, although its one of the ones that squirms whenever you tweak anything else. I think I’m going to have to go in and add a matt zone for the bow’s cord since it’s all part of the belt’s zone now, which is inconvenient for shaders.

Image Attachments
Dragon-Princess.jpg

Posted: 10 December 2012 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 483 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11625
Joined  2007-11-06

...beautiful.

Look for a new LeelaTeen in the next few days.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 10 December 2012 12:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 484 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-08

Thank you. I tried to turn off the original character head, since there is an option for that, and see what I had with the Rachel head by itself. But it didn’t seem to work. Or didn’t when I tried it. So the head is a combination of Satsuki, Rachel and probably whatever modification comes in with the Tween girl morph.

I’ll try again next time before combining other morphs. Evidently you apply the base morph first and then turn off the head rather than applying the head and body separately. I suspect that has something to do with making sure the head and neck maintain a smooth join.

The package includes a nice range of options to choose from for building characters from its base. But the original texture, nice as it is, includes painted on eyebrows which are a bit too stylized for a realistic character. Or too stylized for my taste anyway. But that’s pretty minor considering the number of great skins that are already out there.

Posted: 10 December 2012 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 485 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3681
Joined  2012-02-06

That certainly is beautiful, JOdel! The character design reminds me a little of the movie Brave (maybe a bit more realistic).

Satsuki definitely seems like a must-have character. I’ve forced myself to go cold-turkey on 3D spending, though, so I’ll have to wait for the time being.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 10 December 2012 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 486 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2005-11-27
JOdel - 09 December 2012 09:33 PM

The render, as promised.

There’s some dial spinning. I mixed her with Murgatroyd’s Tween girl and the head is about 40% Rachel K4 ported in from GenX. I couldn’t find whatever it was that I had selected when the FBM Julie popped up. But I didn’t imagine it.

Navari V4 texture (another Thorneworks product) and the new Dragon Princess outfit and hair. It seems to work fairly well, although its one of the ones that squirms whenever you tweak anything else. I think I’m going to have to go in and add a matt zone for the bow’s cord since it’s all part of the belt’s zone now, which is inconvenient for shaders.

Nice picture indeed.

Out of curiosity - you say that you ported Rachel K4 with GenX.
Is K4 supported with GenX now? Can’t seem to find that as a supported figure - or am I missing something?

Posted: 10 December 2012 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 487 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-08

GenX uses the autofit clone to port K4 characters to Genesis. Once in they can be applied to basic Genesis without scaling, but that can look pretty silly.

Posted: 10 December 2012 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 488 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  176
Joined  2009-11-20

I find that Genesis morphs that are way outside of the box, benefit greatly by editing the weight map. 
Its a little confusing to begin with, as each joint axis has essentially its own weight map.  And the designation is x,y,z.  Regardless of the joint name convention (bend, twist, ect….)

Posted: 10 December 2012 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 489 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11625
Joined  2007-11-06

...actually, look for a new Leela once I get this Duplicate ID mess sorted out.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 11 December 2012 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 490 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-08

Well, upon further examination I’m less sure regarding the head morph. I’m no longer convinced that it’s a separate morph.

You apply the character, either the base or the full version, and the head shifts to an identifiable Thorne-style face, it’s not the Basic Genesis head, or the Basic Female head. You click on the command to turn off the head and nothing happens. You click on the command to turn on the head and the morph sort of doubles. So evidently you can have the base with the head, or the head without the body, but not the body without the head.

Or not unless exporting the figure as a .cr2 and importing that into Gen X can turn off the head morphs and re-exporting it would do it. Only marginally disappointing, since it’s a very cute face, but sometimes you want to build your own face, and it’s a really promising body to start from for a lot of things.

Posted: 11 December 2012 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 491 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  237
Joined  2004-10-09
JOdel - 11 December 2012 03:43 PM

Well, upon further examination I’m less sure regarding the head morph. I’m no longer convinced that it’s a separate morph.

You apply the character, either the base or the full version, and the head shifts to an identifiable Thorne-style face, it’s not the Basic Genesis head, or the Basic Female head. You click on the command to turn off the head and nothing happens. You click on the command to turn on the head and the morph sort of doubles. So evidently you can have the base with the head, or the head without the body, but not the body without the head.

Or not unless exporting the figure as a .cr2 and importing that into Gen X can turn off the head morphs and re-exporting it would do it. Only marginally disappointing, since it’s a very cute face, but sometimes you want to build your own face, and it’s a really promising body to start from for a lot of things.

You can simply set the “Satsuki” morph to 1 and the “Satsuki Head” morph to -1 and you have the default Genesis head on the Satsuki body.
Ciao
TD

Signature 

I reject your Reality and substitute my Vue!
Check my gallery at DeviantArt

Posted: 11 December 2012 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 492 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2961
Joined  2009-02-24

Here’s an example of a mixed Satsuki body with the Satsuki face zeroed out and replaced with Xiao Wen/Preteen Girl. The exact settings are below if you’re interested in that sort of thing.

PreTeen Girl 40%
PreTeen Girl Face 60%
Satsuki: 1.00
Xiao Wen Face: 60%
Satsuki Head: -1.00

I personally think she came out pretty well. Outfit is the Katya set as shown in the Satsuki promos.

Image Attachments
Teen_Test.png
 Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 11 December 2012 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 493 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2525
Joined  2003-12-06

This is Satsuki, right? After a bit of experimenting, I don’t use those presets in the Content Library folders any more, they’re just on/off. The actual morph dials are there in Genesis if you dig a bit deeper — the base body morph in Female/Stylised, separate head and lashes in Head/Female/Stylised, more morphs in Lower Body/Hip/Female/Stylised, and four chest and stomach morphs in Upper Body/Torso/Female/Stylised. I really like this, it’s giving me a lot more flexibility and options in character design, not just for anime and teen figures.

<snrk> I was experimenting just now with a Satsuki/Anubis mix and accidentally double-dialled the Satsuki head. Looks like a deformed demonic chihuahua…  shock

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 11 December 2012 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 494 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-08
thd777 - 11 December 2012 04:17 PM

You can simply set the “Satsuki” morph to 1 and the “Satsuki Head” morph to -1 and you have the default Genesis head on the Satsuki body.
Ciao
TD

Ah. So they hid it. Thank you!

SpottedKitty: The doubled head morph reminded me more of a rather pretty pug, but yeah, not something many people would want on purpose.

She’s a *great* resource for mixing teen figures. Works really well with the Tween girl. Probably Hitomi too. And for people aiming for sugar shock I imagine you could get some nice mixes with Mavka.

Posted: 11 December 2012 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 495 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2011-04-12
JOdel - 11 December 2012 06:08 PM

She’s a *great* resource for mixing teen figures. Works really well with the Tween girl. Probably Hitomi too..

I’ve just been working with those.

0.5 Satsuki
0.5 Hitomi
1.0 Tween Girl
...plus a bunch of minor adjustments…

Image Attachments
121211c.png121211d.png
 Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

33 of 51