4 of 51
Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders
Posted: 06 July 2012 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1847
Joined  2005-04-15
JOdel - 06 July 2012 12:20 AM

Well, it looks like Oskarson has slipped in ahead of the rest of the field.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/genesis-preteens/94170#

A very nice start on plugging that gap, it looks like. Not that I won’t grab Thorne’s teens as soon as they show up in the store as well.

These look very nice.  I’ve already got his V4 pre-teen pack and have been pretty happy with it, but finally getting the male as well is a huge plus.  And yeah, I’m also still going to get the Thorne teens as well.  I don’t need kids in this age bracket all that often, but when I do, they always seem to come in packs…

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 07 July 2012 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2003-11-29

For me the Oskarsson preteen doesn´t really work. To large boobs. I will basically use Laura for fairies, nymphs and that kind of creatures and I want slender and childish.  Ofcourse Laura straight out of the box doesn´t really cut it for me either, but I have a set of morphs that transforms her just the way I want to.
Still, Thorne´s looks like the jackpot. Though I´d have to see it without clothes to really judge. (the same could ofcourse be said for Oskarssons, but if the clothed pics are to be trusted she looks a tad to mature for me.

Posted: 07 July 2012 08:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4455
Joined  2004-08-11

I think Oskarsson’s set looks superb.  There is a young gal that comes to our salon that looks very much like her.  Keep in mind this is Genesis, you want the boobs smaller, make them smaller and save it out as a preset.  I know 15 year old gals with more boobage than many full grown women.  Every one is different in how they mature and what nature gave them in that department!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 07 July 2012 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1547
Joined  2009-08-08

Right. Boobs, schmoobs. What matters most are the overall porportions—as in skeletal porportions—and the young faces. I do think Oskarsson’s boy looks younger than the girl, but the girl doesn’t look like a 20-year-old who’s been stuffed into a school uniform.

Posted: 07 July 2012 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  538
Joined  2011-04-12

So far, I’ve only found a few problems with Oskarsson’s preteens.

First, the scale setting is simply not right.  Fortunately, it’s easy enough to change 92% to 83% (which gives a character the height of an average 12-year-old).  See attached pictures with the preteen girl next to V5.

Second, the boy head morph has the mouth slightly open.  I haven’t found a fix for this yet.

Third, the arrangement of files and folders for the clothing and materials is poorly thought out.  I’ve rearranged mine to put the clothing into a subfolder of the main Genesis clothing folder, and the materials into a subfolder of that.

Image Attachments
asloaded.png
scaled.png
 Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 08 July 2012 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1380
Joined  2006-07-04

Here’s one I just finished, using a mishmash of morphs for Genesis (child, Basic female, Victoria 5, Aven, Stephanie 4, and Reby Sky, with breast small at 1).  I haven’t picked up Oskarson’s morphs yet.  Using the morphs, the figure was scaled down to 88%, so I had to scale her down a little more (aiming for 4’ 8, which may be a little shorter than my daughter currently)

It’s my daughter’s character for my current pirate game, and approved by her.  Like her, the character is supposed to be 12, and I would trust her to know what 12 is “supposed” to look like. smile

Image Attachments
Jen.png
 Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 08 July 2012 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8420
Joined  2007-11-06
DaWaterRat - 08 July 2012 11:00 AM

Here’s one I just finished, using a mishmash of morphs for Genesis (child, Basic female, Victoria 5, Aven, Stephanie 4, and Reby Sky, with breast small at 1).  I haven’t picked up Oskarson’s morphs yet.  Using the morphs, the figure was scaled down to 88%, so I had to scale her down a little more (aiming for 4’ 8, which may be a little shorter than my daughter currently)

It’s my daughter’s character for my current pirate game, and approved by her.  Like her, the character is supposed to be 12, and I would trust her to know what 12 is “supposed” to look like. smile

Really nice, well done.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 08 July 2012 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-08

Very nice indeed. On examination I’d say Oskarsson’s girl is more mid-teens than preeteen, but she’s still not a full adult, and mid-teen is another empty target gap.

Posted: 09 July 2012 02:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1425
Joined  2010-02-14
Murgatroyd - 07 July 2012 06:13 PM

First, the scale setting is simply not right.  Fortunately, it’s easy enough to change 92% to 83% (which gives a character the height of an average 12-year-old).  See attached pictures with the preteen girl next to V5.

Second, the boy head morph has the mouth slightly open.  I haven’t found a fix for this yet.

Third, the arrangement of files and folders for the clothing and materials is poorly thought out.  I’ve rearranged mine to put the clothing into a subfolder of the main Genesis clothing folder, and the materials into a subfolder of that.

I’m interested in seeing some comparison images of them with Laura & Luke.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 09 July 2012 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-12
RCDeschene - 09 July 2012 02:57 AM
Murgatroyd - 07 July 2012 06:13 PM

I’m interested in seeing some comparison images of them with Laura & Luke.

Here they are, at my modified scale.

Image Attachments
lauracomp.png
lukecomp.png
 Signature 

Posted: 09 July 2012 11:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14

Hmm… Yeah, I see what you mean about the scaling, not to mention that the girl’s breasts are even perkier than the Laura 5 I tried to pull off. Either way, I’m not too thrilled with their default heads or limbs. The faces are way too vexed in my opinion and the thinness of their arms and legs make their torsos look rather stocky. At least Laura & Luke, as thick as they are, keep a steady and smooth proportion rate.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 12 July 2012 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-12

Here’s my latest dial-spun pair, with L&L for comparison.  Thoughts?

Image Attachments
ytcomp2.png
ytcomp.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 12 July 2012 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-08

Very nice! That makes a great starting point, and the faces also look young enough for kids. In fact, I’d say these are better than L&L. The boy’s shoulders are a good deal better than Luke’s and the girl is a bit less developed, which is all to the good for a base point.

Posted: 12 July 2012 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14
JOdel - 12 July 2012 12:07 PM

Very nice! That makes a great starting point, and the faces also look young enough for kids. In fact, I’d say these are better than L&L. The boy’s shoulders are a good deal better than Luke’s and the girl is a bit less developed, which is all to the good for a base point.

I agree from those angles.

They definitely look a lot better in these latest ones, Murgatroyd. However, are those their default looks or did you morph them to look better?

Signature 

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 12 July 2012 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-12
RCDeschene - 12 July 2012 09:09 PM
JOdel - 12 July 2012 12:07 PM

I agree from those angles.

They definitely look a lot better in these latest ones, Murgatroyd. However, are those their default looks or did you morph them to look better?

This latest set is unrelated to the previous ones; I started with base Genesis and kept adding morphs until they looked right:
Scale 79%
Head Propagating Scale 8%
Neck Size -0.7
Thin 0.4
Negative values on Chest Width, Sternum Depth, and Lats Volume (remove limits on this one) for chest size.
Several morphs from this set for the hips and waist.
A mix of the young face morphs from these two sets, plus a bit of negative Basic Female Head on the boy for a slightly less feminine look.
A few from this set for the limbs.
The girl’s breasts are Hitomi Breasts Petite at about 0.2; anything up to about 0.5 can look good.

Signature 

4 of 51