26 of 51
Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders
Posted: 12 November 2012 07:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 376 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4869
Joined  2009-02-26

Well done Hiro! He looks great!

This is two teens I made using Murgatroyd’s tweens as a base. I then made rather lengthy formulas which incorporates all of Thornes resource kits for genesis, all the genesis evolution packs and dietrying’s 182 morphs. This render was made to show the body shapes, I also needed to check their textures and shader as I have also upgraded them with some of my newer custom textures… SSS is a new aspect I’ve been learning at the same time tongue laugh , I’ll be doing an actual scene render with them shortly.

Lol this render makes me think they’re in a clothing catalog haha tongue laugh

EDIT: Just so you know, They are NOT using “basic child” or any other youth morph.

Image Attachments
Spyro_Tweens.png
 Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 12 November 2012 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 377 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2003-12-07

Spyro, What underwear did you use in those? Lol, asking because it seems no matter what underwear I use on my character it doesnt seem to work out right for me (and I am working on a clothes fit morph which is automatic). But also because I like the bra she has on…..it doesnt seem like the straps or the cups got too distorted if the were Viky 4’s…..(maybe you just porphed after the fact?). I wont release mine even as a freebie until I get any and all Clothes not to distort like has been done with the tweens (good work on that BTW), and I have the arms and bends look more natural….(lol dont want to get too deep into what im talking about here) but when I do it will be a freebie all original which most likely will be way after Daz does thier thing…..

Nice renders in all your work peoples!!!

Posted: 12 November 2012 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 378 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Arcane Von Oblivion - 12 November 2012 05:06 PM

Spyro, What underwear did you use in those? Lol, asking because it seems no matter what underwear I use on my character it doesnt seem to work out right for me (and I am working on a clothes fit morph which is automatic). But also because I like the bra she has on…..it doesnt seem like the straps or the cups got too distorted if the were Viky 4’s…..(maybe you just porphed after the fact?). I wont release mine even as a freebie until I get any and all Clothes not to distort like has been done with the tweens (good work on that BTW), and I have the arms and bends look more natural….(lol dont want to get too deep into what im talking about here) but when I do it will be a freebie all original which most likely will be way after Daz does thier thing…..

Nice renders in all your work peoples!!!

LOL! Well the boy’s wearing M5 underwear (Comes with M5) and the girls wearing Genesis Bikini. Both on daz store. The bikini I used the bump texture as the diffuse, to match the boy for the test renders.

There can be issues with autofit if you’re using generation 4 clothing on genesis, distortions can be reduced a bit by adding a smoothing modifier and playing with the settings in parameters (Edit>Object>Geometry>Apply smoothing modifier) It can help reduce distortions but at the same time can sometimes be inefficient. Worth a try.

On the note of your character freebie, sounds great man! lol and at this rate, I think it’s gonna be some what more months of waiting for daz to release thornes work, so I reckon you could build the entire millennium family before then haha!

Also: Thanks for the watch on DA cheese

Signature 

Posted: 12 November 2012 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 379 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1847
Joined  2005-04-15
Arcane Von Oblivion - 12 November 2012 05:06 PM

I wont release mine even as a freebie until I get any and all Clothes not to distort like has been done with the tweens

Considering that Daz can’t seem to manage that trick, it seems like a rather lofty standard to aspire to… smile

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 13 November 2012 12:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 380 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

Well…here’s ‘so far’...

The girls are:

Caitlyn (13)
Cerri (8)
Elspeth (3)

They are sculpted, full body morphs, no other morphs needed…and they are a couple of weeks from finished. (No, not going to make skin textures for them).

Image Attachments
girls.png
 Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 13 November 2012 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 381 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

Not a character preset, just simple dial spinning.

Edit to add: The dress was an issue, being a once piece I couldn’t fit it as a dress or the top wouldn’t conform, I couldn’t do it as a shirt because then the bottom wouldn’t conform. I had to run it through the autofit as a body suit.

Image Attachments
G_schoolgirl.jpg

Posted: 13 November 2012 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 382 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5573
Joined  2006-02-20
ManStan - 13 November 2012 07:14 AM

Not a character preset, just simple dial spinning.

Edit to add: The dress was an issue, being a once piece I couldn’t fit it as a dress or the top wouldn’t conform, I couldn’t do it as a shirt because then the bottom wouldn’t conform. I had to run it through the autofit as a body suit.

1. looks like a nice girl
2. nice idea to run a dress through autofit as a bodysuit - I haven’t heard of that before!

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 13 November 2012 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 383 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1548
Joined  2009-08-08

It’s surprising how many things I end up telling autofit are bodysuits. It’s kind of the default.

Surprising that telling it a dress is a dress didn’t work though.

Posted: 13 November 2012 08:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 384 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07
JOdel - 13 November 2012 08:49 AM

It’s surprising how many things I end up telling autofit are bodysuits. It’s kind of the default.

It worked on the skirt part, not the blouse part. When I autofitted as a skirt the top wouldn’t pose with the figure. When i told autofit it was a shirt, the skirt wouldn’t pose with the legs.

Posted: 13 November 2012 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 385 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
ManStan - 13 November 2012 08:57 AM

It worked on the skirt part, not the blouse part. When I autofitted as a skirt the top wouldn’t pose with the figure. When i told autofit it was a shirt, the skirt wouldn’t pose with the legs.

But don’t you have the option Dress=>Knee length?

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 13 November 2012 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 386 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1433
Joined  2010-02-14

Marcus, I’ve been meaning to ask you, what hairs do your kids have again?

Also, it’s Black November for the PC, guys! Who’s up for yet ANOTHER monthly put-off of Thorne’s teens? grin oh oh

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 14 November 2012 12:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 387 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10723
Joined  2007-11-06

...more of a closeup and in a swimsuit to better show her physique.

Image Attachments
leela_swimsuit.jpg
 Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 14 November 2012 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 388 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2207
Joined  2005-09-05

Yep…I do that if I’m not getting good results with the template that it should use. I’ve find that longer dresses sometimes work well using it. Depends on the outfit though…I especially like the loose option!

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 14 November 2012 04:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 389 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
RCDeschene - 13 November 2012 05:38 PM

Marcus, I’ve been meaning to ask you, what hairs do your kids have again?

Also, it’s Black November for the PC, guys! Who’s up for yet ANOTHER monthly put-off of Thorne’s teens? grin oh oh

LOL! You still call me “marcus” haha

Ok, so the boy uses Spartacus short hair… It’s not advertised very well, and I only discovered it by finding re-colours for it. It belongs to an M4 character called Spartacus on RO… Just so you know, I made the textures that are used in the render… the original and recolours don’t stand up particularly well in extreme close ups. (I’m working on a better shine, as I’ve been having difficulties getting it to work realistically… I’ve just been suggested Uber hair… So I may get that and see if it works smile )

The girl uses V4 Brooke hair with the ponytail from hr-025 (Renderosity) - Brooke hair I love for the bangs and the textures are divine.

On your second comment, I’d say you’re right. We’ll be lucky if it even gets released in December rolleyes

Signature 

Posted: 14 November 2012 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 390 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  572
Joined  2008-07-18

A while back I had asked about using the Tween morphs in Poser. Well, I gave it a try. You don’t have to do anything special for them to be Poser DSON compatible.  Just unzip and load them wherever you have your Genesis base installed.  *However*, I guess it’s a scaling issue but at the top and bottom of the abdomen there is a “ridge.” It’s not a big deal if your teens aren’t in swimsuits, but if they are, it’s a bit odd.  Of course, I haven’t tried fitting clothing on them. I’m not sure how that will work.

Signature 

My Free Stuff | My Big Store at CP | My Smaller Store at Renderosity | Prayer | Me on Twitter | Me on DA

26 of 51