22 of 51
Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders
Posted: 04 November 2012 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 316 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1541
Joined  2010-02-14
RKane_1 - 04 November 2012 01:26 PM

RCDeschesne - Those figures look awesome. Looks like Murgatroyd and you should collaborate. *smile*

Maybe! smile Heck, with all these content creators, I do sometimes get a little envious. Plus, I know I can do more for this community than just push for Gen 5 characters. wink

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 04 November 2012 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 317 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  544
Joined  2011-04-12
RCDeschene - 04 November 2012 10:13 AM

The bodies themselves aren’t anything I would distinctly call “Tween”. The faces weren’t all that interesting, especially the boy’s. I think you may have mis-scaled them a bit, because I noticed that your girl (79%) was bigger than your boy (75%). By the way, you accidentally capitalized the “I” in “Girl”.

This is what I was able to present after modifying their faces a bit…

I like what you’ve done with them.

I fixed the capitalization issue last night.  Are you sure about the scale issue?  They were designed to be the same size, and as far as I can tell from looking at the code in the files, they should both be 79%.  As for the blandness, my main objective here was to make basic figures that could be modified further for more individuality.

JOdel - 04 November 2012 12:40 PM

At that age there is a good chance tha tthe girl will be taller than the boy. Girls typically get their main growth spurt earlier. (i.e., just before puberty)

The age I was aiming for is exactly when the median female height catches up with the median male height.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 04 November 2012 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 318 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  544
Joined  2011-04-12

Now available on ShareCG.

This has been updated since the test version, so testers may also want to download this version.

Changes:
Now includes head morphs.
Added two extra chest morphs for the girl: one flat, one rounded to avoid the braless look with tight shirts.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 04 November 2012 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 319 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1243
Joined  2004-08-24

Very nice - thanks!

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 05 November 2012 12:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 320 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4911
Joined  2009-02-26
Murgatroyd - 04 November 2012 06:28 PM

Now available on ShareCG.

This has been updated since the test version, so testers may also want to download this version.

Changes:
Now includes head morphs.
Added two extra chest morphs for the girl: one flat, one rounded to avoid the braless look with tight shirts.

Thank you so much Murgatroyd!! These are a wonderful addition to Genesis. I also love the fact that they are a more advanced and proportionately correct set of base figures! For me, I like to make characters as original as possible an this set of morphs really allow that to freely happen. I am very glad that you added my suggestion for head morphs, it really does assist the processes of creating original faces! And thanks heaps for the chest morphs too.

You made my day with this product! Thank you smile

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 05 November 2012 01:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 321 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11175
Joined  2007-11-06

...here’s the best I came up with so far using GenX and the Steph4 NPMs.

Image Attachments
leela_pub_PW.png
 Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 05 November 2012 01:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 322 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1158
Joined  2005-07-29

Nice one, Kyoto Kid.

She looks great!

smile

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 05 November 2012 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 323 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Kyoto Kid - 05 November 2012 01:10 AM

...here’s the best I came up with so far using GenX and the Steph4 NPMs.

She’s wonderful Kyoto! Looks very natural. Well done smile

Signature 

Posted: 05 November 2012 02:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 324 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14

See, Marcus, Stephanie CAN fill the Young Teen roll! grin

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 05 November 2012 02:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 325 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11175
Joined  2007-11-06

...thank you.

The NPMs really make a difference as does a bit of Mavka.  One sometimes has to find a way to make things work with what they have available.  I really like the way she looks. pretty close to this pic I did by hand many years ago (save for the clothing).

Leela

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 05 November 2012 02:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 326 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
RCDeschene - 05 November 2012 02:43 AM

I never said S5 or the possible D5 wouldn’t be a ‘morph asset’ for creating young teens. I’m all for the release of D5 and think S5 is wonderful!

I merely express (In a different thread for those who have no idea what we’re referring to) that S5 and David are NOT in my opinion a gap filler for young teens. And they are not and should not be a replacement for Luke an Laura who are like 6-10 years younger than Steph and David.

L&L stage of development is a massive difference to S&D who are some what very close to full growth. Luke and Laura are only just beginning and going through their first teenage growth spurt. S5 and david are around 19-25 That is a big difference to 10-15.

smile

Signature 

Posted: 05 November 2012 03:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 327 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14
Spyro - 05 November 2012 02:58 AM
RCDeschene - 05 November 2012 02:43 AM

I never said S5 or the possible D5 wouldn’t be a ‘morph asset’ for creating young teens. I’m all for the release of D5 and think S5 is wonderful!

I merely express (In a different thread for those who have no idea what we’re referring to) that S5 and David are NOT in my opinion a gap filler for young teens. And they are not and should not be a replacement for Luke an Laura who are like 6-10 years younger than Steph and David.

L&L stage of development is a massive difference to S&D who are some what very close to full growth. Luke and Laura are only just beginning and going through their first teenage growth spurt. S5 and david are around 19-25 That is a big difference to 10-15.

smile

I know. And absolutely, there’s no morph support for child morphs like actual child morphs. It’s just that in Gen 4 we had to make extensive use of what we got, and unfortunately, when it came to kids that weren’t pre or elementary school age we had to make due with heavily alteration of characters like Aiko and Stephanie because they looked younger than Victoria. God help you if you even ATTEMPTED to make a convincing young teen male with Michael, who’s only relatively aid was toony, androgynous-faced Hiro.

Basically, if we were to never see official teens like Laura & Luke again, then we either need to rely on 3rd party people like we’re doing now, or resort to Stephanie (and hopefully David), which can surprisingly pull off those in-between youth ages we’re looking for with enough morphing, scaling, and of course, the right skin textures.

Of course, I’m just saying all of this as Murgatroyd made his Tweens with Evolutionary Morphs and how it personally never took me much effort to make Stephanie into a pretty convincing middle-school chick. wink

Signature 

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 05 November 2012 04:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 328 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

I just hope that with Thornes work that Daz is holding back the release to make them to be Luke and Laura. I do hope that our excessive wait after months hasn’t been in vein. I would understand it if Daz has locked it away for a while as they construct official L&L 5 bundles, but if the product being in limbo for so long was for no legitimate reason, then I am a little annoyed, seems as though they quite accurately solve all our issues here with the outstanding age gap and that there is very little on the market that actually efficiently and solely supports that age group.

Thankfully there is Murgatroyd who has made a great step forward into the luke and laura line! MaleM3dia and his group have also done a great job as well with his bonus characters.

I completely understand how David and Steph were ALL WE HAD in generation 4. I was there and the struggle was painful. smile

I definitely agree that Kids 6-10 also need to be supported, as does David and the Elderly (Zev0 is actually heading in that direction supporting the Elders which is just fantastic!) Since Genesis is a MAJOR leap forward in character creation, I hope to see the millennium family fully unite just as Generation 3 was! Genesis makes this so-much more achievable. We just need the support. (Gen 3 covered very well: Elderly, Ethnicity, Creatures, almost all age groups and characters)

Signature 

Posted: 05 November 2012 05:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 329 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5899
Joined  2006-02-20

I wouldn’t get my hopes too high. I remember things being bought out by Daz for the reason they needed some stuff for March Madness ...
Just saying ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 05 November 2012 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 330 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  573
Joined  2008-07-18
Spyro - 05 November 2012 04:06 AM

I just hope that with Thornes work that Daz is holding back the release to make them to be Luke and Laura. I do hope that our excessive wait after months hasn’t been in vein. I would understand it if Daz has locked it away for a while as they construct official L&L 5 bundles, but if the product being in limbo for so long was for no legitimate reason, then I am a little annoyed, seems as though they quite accurately solve all our issues here with the outstanding age gap and that there is very little on the market that actually efficiently and solely supports that age group.

The more I think about it, here’s my hope:

DAZ will do a Luke & Laura 3 Shapes for Genesis (with autofit capabilities).

Thorne’s teens will either be LL5 or characters for LL5, like Dryden.

They are working on a bundle for LL5 but wanted to do it after H5.
Bundle will include Bobbie25 clothes, SWAM Hair—more in the “Pure” line, etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they made Luke & Laura separate bundles (although that would make me sad.)

Signature 

My Free Stuff | My Big Store at CP | My Smaller Store at Renderosity | Prayer | Me on Twitter | Me on DA

22 of 51