Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1804
Joined  2009-08-08

“All I want for Christmas is an autofit clone,
An autofit clone. An autofit clone…
All I want for Christmas is an autofit clone,
Or better still, make that four.

I’ll settle for three, of course. Or even two. I mean it’s not like DAZ *couldn’t* produce autofit clones for Luke, Laura, and Matt/Maddie (not sure there is any difference between those two). And given that there haven’t been official teens since Luke and Laura, it would be nice for Thorne’s new teens to be able to wear their clothing. (Much of which came from Mada, in any case.) We do have a K4 clone, so the need isn’t *quite* as great for the preschoolers, but it would still be nice.

Posted: 03 November 2012 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 302 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12581
Joined  2007-11-06

...Murgatroyd, those morphs look really good

Meanwhile was able to finally get the Steph4 NPM transfer in GenX to work (with help of a few pointers).

Interestingly, found that adding a little bit of Mavka (with the Mavka head shape dialed back to compensate), goes a long way.

Currently in the process of recreating my Leela Teen and things look rather promising.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 03 November 2012 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 303 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2533
Joined  2005-04-15
JOdel - 03 November 2012 02:02 PM

I mean it’s not like DAZ *couldn’t* produce autofit clones for Luke, Laura, and Matt/Maddie (not sure there is any difference between those two). And given that there haven’t been official teens since Luke and Laura, it would be nice for Thorne’s new teens to be able to wear their clothing..

Actually, I’m hoping this is the reason Thorne’s morphs have been so delayed, given that the market for Luke/Laura/matt/Maddie genesis blanks will drop precipitously once Thorne’s come out and people start designing for them.

JOdel - 03 November 2012 02:02 PM

(Much of which came from Mada, in any case.)

Mada made some nice stuff, but of the stuff that’s still on the market, I actually think Poserworld has the selection of Luke/Laura wear that looks most like what kids actually wear.

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 03 November 2012 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 304 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  539
Joined  2008-07-18
Murgatroyd - 30 October 2012 01:24 PM
Kyoto Kid - 29 October 2012 11:59 PM

I thought of using Thorne’s Princess character (as their characters make it easier to get more natural proportions for smaller breasts), however the only morphs for Genesis I can find are for the hips and head, not the overall body.

...the main reason I have GenerationX was because it is supposed to allow one to use the various morphs and characters available for the Gen4/Gen3 body shapes with Genesis.  It is not an inexpensive plugin (something lie 30$+)  Yet all I can seem to pull in is the base figure (Steph4, V4, M4 etc) but none of the additional morphs or characters based on those models.

I also still don’t know why I do not see the Princess FBM inwith the other the Genesis character shapes.

I’ve noticed that Dryden and Addison are added to the Gene Pool morph sliders in DS4.5Pro (I’m a Poser user but I’m digging into DS now).

But, how does a character become part of the “gene pool” versus just a morph dial in the parameters? Princess doesn’t load as a gene pool slider for me either. However, Dryden, Addison and Princess can all be added as CR2s in Poser (where it loads Genesis at the same time.  I don’t quite understand the mechanics of getting a Genesis morph to be part of the Gene pool.

Signature 

My Free Stuff | My Big Store at CP | My Smaller Store at Renderosity | Prayer | Me on Twitter | Me on DA

Posted: 03 November 2012 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 305 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1010
Joined  2006-02-27

Hey all I want to thank everyone for posting and keeping this thread alive. You guys have submitted some amazing renders and some very useful information which is more than I was expecting from this thread so thank you again

Posted: 03 November 2012 08:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 306 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12581
Joined  2007-11-06

...I should have a pic of the latest LeelaTeen update.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 04 November 2012 01:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 307 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4946
Joined  2009-02-26
JohnDelaquiox - 03 November 2012 07:09 PM

Hey all I want to thank everyone for posting and keeping this thread alive. You guys have submitted some amazing renders and some very useful information which is more than I was expecting from this thread so thank you again

While the thread remains active, the topic remains under Daz’s nose smile

Maybe soon we will be heard.  Thanks for starting the thread by the way smile

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 04 November 2012 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 308 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1784
Joined  2010-02-14
Spyro - 03 November 2012 01:17 PM
RKane_1 - 03 November 2012 12:40 PM

What are your candid opinions of Oskarsson’s Genesis Preteens from Renderosity?

There were a few Issues I had with that Item. I think the concept is very good. But for me, I found the characters were under-defined, there was a bit of a lack of detail. Again, for me, the proportions weren’t all there, sort of toonish or exaggerated perhaps.

The problems I faced was a error in the scaling, they would scale down a little bit, but by no means was it scaling correctly, very noticeable next to genesis and other characters. Another issue was the mouth, it tends to be slightly open, observable when close up. I also seem to remember an issue with the eyes for some reason.

On the whole, I think it is a good product, but I think it could be improved. smile

Please no one take offense to this, I mean it to be friendly constructive criticism smile

My critiques exactly. The bodies themselves aren’t anything I would distinctly call “Tween”. The faces weren’t all that interesting, especially the boy’s. I think you may have mis-scaled them a bit, because I noticed that your girl (79%) was bigger than your boy (75%). By the way, you accidentally capitalized the “I” in “Girl”.

This is what I was able to present after modifying their faces a bit…

Image Attachments
Maddie_Matt_5.jpg
 Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 04 November 2012 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 309 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4946
Joined  2009-02-26

Sorry RC my comments were on oskarssons preteens at renderosity (I’m unsure if you’re talking about oskarssons ro product or murgatroyds Tweens which we are testing.) I PMd murgatroyd with my feedback as i wasn’t sure if murgatroyd wanted me to give feedback on the thread. :s

Your render is lovely, love what you did with the faces smile they do certainly look the part. And nice work with the skins too!

I’ve been working all weekend so I have a lot more things to try with murg’s gem.

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 04 November 2012 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 310 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1784
Joined  2010-02-14
Spyro - 04 November 2012 10:28 AM

Sorry RC my comments were on oskarssons preteens at renderosity (I’m unsure if you’re talking about oskarssons ro product or murgatroyds Tweens which we are testing.) I PMd murgatroyd with my feedback as i wasn’t sure if murgatroyd wanted me to give feedback on the thread. :s

Your render is lovely, love what you did with the faces smile they do certainly look the part. And nice work with the skins too!

Yeah, I was referring to murgatroyds. As for the critique itself, I’m the other way around. If I’m not specified to keep it personal, I let rip wherever. LOL

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 04 November 2012 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 311 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  123
Joined  2011-11-11
Cybersox13 - 03 November 2012 06:46 PM

Actually, I’m hoping this is the reason Thorne’s morphs have been so delayed, given that the market for Luke/Laura/matt/Maddie genesis blanks will drop precipitously once Thorne’s come out and people start designing for them.

I’m a little curious about this thought. I could see how maybe the base figures wouldn’t have that much demand but wouldn’t the auto-fit targets pair well with the new figures? I’m thinking that having a solid base of legacy clothing that could be used with Thorne’s new morphs would fit well. I’ll admit that I’m not too familiar with the Luke/Laura/Matt/Maddie characters or what’s available with them but based on the complaints I’ve seen about the lack of kid/teen appropriate clothing for Genesis I’m thinking auto-fit targets for these figures would make a lot of sense for anybody who has a library of older clothing that they’d like to use with Genesis.

Signature 

Andrew Dacey
Photographer
Geek

Posted: 04 November 2012 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 312 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2011-09-13
andolaurina - 03 November 2012 06:56 PM

I’ve noticed that Dryden and Addison are added to the Gene Pool morph sliders in DS4.5Pro (I’m a Poser user but I’m digging into DS now).

But, how does a character become part of the “gene pool” versus just a morph dial in the parameters? Princess doesn’t load as a gene pool slider for me either. However, Dryden, Addison and Princess can all be added as CR2s in Poser (where it loads Genesis at the same time.  I don’t quite understand the mechanics of getting a Genesis morph to be part of the Gene pool.

This is done using the Properties Editor. Once you have your morph loaded and your figure selected, go to the editor and in the Group/Property column you will see near the bottom “Morphs”. Click the + and you will see Morph Loader (if that is where you morph was loaded to) and your morph should appear below it. Right click the morph and mouse over “Grouping” and your screen will fill with all the Actor groups. Select what you want (e.g. Head/Female). This takes you back to DAZ and you will see your morph has apparently disappeared from the the column! Now look under Actor in the Editor and the group you selected (e.g. Head/Female) and you will see it there. You can right-click again and change other properties under Settings; for example, you can change the internal name and relabel it here, change autofollow, etc. If you go to Grouping again, you can add it to more than one group (this doesn’t move it, it adds a copy; you can remove a property if you put it in the wrong place).

It goes into the Shaping tab immediately, but you need to refresh to see it. Of course, you need to it save as a Support Asset/Morph Asset or all this will disappear if you clear the scene. Set the morph to zero before saving, unless you want it on every time you load Genesis.

Posted: 04 November 2012 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 313 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1804
Joined  2009-08-08
RCDeschene - 04 November 2012 10:13 AM
Spyro - 03 November 2012 01:17 PM

There were a few Issues I had with that Item. I think the concept is very good. But for me, I found the characters were under-defined, there was a bit of a lack of detail. Again, for me, the proportions weren’t all there, sort of toonish or exaggerated perhaps.

The problems I faced was a error in the scaling, they would scale down a little bit, but by no means was it scaling correctly, very noticeable next to genesis and other characters. Another issue was the mouth, it tends to be slightly open, observable when close up. I also seem to remember an issue with the eyes for some reason.

On the whole, I think it is a good product, but I think it could be improved. smile

Please no one take offense to this, I mean it to be friendly constructive criticism smile

My critiques exactly. The bodies themselves aren’t anything I would distinctly call “Tween”. The faces weren’t all that interesting, especially the boy’s. I think you may have mis-scaled them a bit, because I noticed that your girl (79%) was bigger than your boy (75%). By the way, you accidentally capitalized the “I” in “Girl”.

This is what I was able to present after modifying their faces a bit…

At that age there is a good chance tha tthe girl will be taller than the boy. Girls typically get their main growth spurt earlier. (i.e., just before puberty)

Posted: 04 November 2012 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 314 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  2005-07-29

RCDeschesne - Those figures look awesome. Looks like Murgatroyd and you should collaborate. *smile*

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 04 November 2012 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 315 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  675
Joined  2009-02-04

Pretty Decent, he made a bit of a mess of the breast area on the female and there are other minor flaws. I’d also give him a slap for putting the clothing in the main Genesis/clothing directory (with no sub folder) - but other than that, its good value product overall.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dogz

21 of 51