Digital Art Zone

3 of 51
Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders
Posted: 28 May 2012 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  414
Joined  0
Thorne - 25 May 2012 06:50 PM

I am currently working on a “Basic Youth” set for Genesis which will include both a teen girl and teen boy shape.  These have been in development for a while now and so should be surfacing in about another month, just finalizing some of the extra included morphs and the new texture sets, of which there will be one each for the boy and for the girl.

The boy will look much more boyish than in the preview below—he just has a V4 texture in this image, because his isn’t finished yet,  but this shows the basic shapes.  These have all new joint parameters and any Genesis clothing will fit them perfectly.

Soon. wink

Those look really good Thorne smile

Posted: 28 May 2012 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1786
Joined  2009-08-08

The Thorne stuff looks like just what the doctor ordered to fill a long-standing gap.

Basically we’ve got two different issues here. We’ve got filling the noticable gaps in the age line-up of the Genesis figure, and we’ve got the porting of existing content for Genesis’s use.

To port existing content, it *sounds* like, under current technology, what is needed are actual clone models of the older figures. It doesn’t sound like those can be readily faked. To use Matt’s clothing, you need an actual Matt clone to use as a starting point. You may not necessarily need a Matt morph for Genesis, because you may be using the clothing on Basic Child, or even Genesis Aiko 3 or something else. But you do need the Matt clone for the target.

To fill gaps in the lineup you need new morphs for Genesis, and it doesn’t sound like they necessarily need to match the older figures at all. In fact, the new morphs may very well be better representations of the intended age target than any of the older figures were, and if you can get the older clothing onto Genesis in the first place, the new figure ought to be able to use it.

Right now, we’ve got a long-standing gap where the older children and young teens belong—and we could use a better target (or more varied morph package) for the younger children as well. The Basic Child morph is really a bit too broad-shouldered, and there isn’t really a simple way of correcting that. We’ve also got a present (although probably temporary) gap where the old folks live. There were a number of good elderly morphs for Gen4 but Genesis can’t use them out of the box, and needs to catch up. I’m sure this will happen in time, but it will take time.

For porting existing content; I’m not sure how complex this issue is. Probably more so than it looks. But it may really need it’s own dedicated utility or script. I think everyone agrees that while autofit is a lot better than nothing, losing all of a clothing model’s movement morphs is not really acceptable. There have been a number of posts about using the Transfer utility, which sounds promising, but it also sounds like it needs a proper target, and better documentation.

But it really does seem to be two different issues.

Posted: 28 May 2012 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1768
Joined  2010-02-14
JOdel - 28 May 2012 12:05 PM

Right now, we’ve got a long-standing gap where the older children and young teens belong—and we could use a better target (or more varied morph package) for the younger children as well. The Basic Child morph is really a bit too broad-shouldered, and there isn’t really a simple way of correcting that. We’ve also got a present (although probably temporary) gap where the old folks live. There were a number of good elderly morphs for Gen4 but Genesis can’t use them out of the box, and needs to catch up. I’m sure this will happen in time, but it will take time.

Actually, seeing this reminded me of that promotional image showing that figure platform between Victoria 5 & Michael 5 and how they “complete” Genesis with all the genres they apply to. Among them are young and old.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 28 May 2012 09:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9050
Joined  2004-07-21
RCDeschene - 28 May 2012 09:33 PM
JOdel - 28 May 2012 12:05 PM

Actually, seeing this reminded me of that promotional image showing that figure platform between Victoria 5 & Michael 5 and how they “complete” Genesis with all the genres they apply to. Among them are young and old.

That is a cool poster.  I wish they would sell it as a real poster so we can use it to put it up somewhere on our walls.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 28 May 2012 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2491
Joined  2005-04-15
RCDeschene - 28 May 2012 05:41 AM
Cybersox13 - 27 May 2012 08:24 AM

And really, what I want, and what I think what most of us want when we say we want the mil kids blanks for Genesis isn’t those characters, it’s being able to use their clothes, shoes, hair and textures without having to use genX, a clothing convertor and a texture convertor first. Especially since a lot of the old Gen 3 and earlier clothing are the “boring, regular day to day” items that that trampy V4 never seemed to have in her closet.

You kidding me? I LOVE my simple, everyday Gen 3 clothing! LOL

So do I.  There’s nothing wrong with sexy outfits and half naked V4’s, and if that’;s what people want to render, that’s fine for them….but when you’re doing a comic, a storyboard or animatic it’s damned hard to dress a crowd of gen 4 figures in a way that reflects the way people in the real world dress, especially if you want to have anyone under the age of 18, over 50 or a less than perfect physical specimen.  And lets not even get into the lack of occupational clothing…

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 28 May 2012 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9050
Joined  2004-07-21
Cybersox13 - 28 May 2012 10:20 PM

And really, what I want, and what I think what most of us want when we say we want the mil kids blanks for Genesis isn’t those characters, it’s being able to use their clothes, shoes, hair and textures without having to use genX, a clothing convertor and a texture convertor first. Especially since a lot of the old Gen 3 and earlier clothing are the “boring, regular day to day” items that that trampy V4 never seemed to have in her closet.

So do I.  There’s nothing wrong with sexy outfits and half naked V4’s, and if that’;s what people want to render, that’s fine for them….but when you’re doing a comic, a storyboard or animatic it’s damned hard to dress a crowd of gen 4 figures in a way that reflects the way people in the real world dress, especially if you want to have anyone under the age of 18, over 50 or a less than perfect physical specimen.  And lets not even get into the lack of occupational clothing…

So we cannot do something with just Super Heroes and Super Heroines without the common guy or gal who suffers from Munching Madness violation or something like that.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 29 May 2012 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1768
Joined  2010-02-14
Cybersox13 - 28 May 2012 10:20 PM

No kidding! Though, I do recall seeing business-appropriate attire for V4 and M4, as well as medical construction clothing. And if you’re really looking for nice schoolgirl uniforms, the one for Aiko 4 is pretty decent.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 29 May 2012 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2491
Joined  2005-04-15
RCDeschene - 29 May 2012 11:10 AM

[No kidding! Though, I do recall seeing business-appropriate attire for V4 and M4, as well as medical construction clothing. And if you’re really looking for nice schoolgirl uniforms, the one for Aiko 4 is pretty decent.

The fact that you “recall” seeing some business appropriate attire for V4/M4 is a perfect indicator of how dire the problem is, and that’s one of the better represented categories. 

On the other hand, where are the letter carriers, janitors, gardeners, cooks and waiters?  French/Japanese Maids… I’ve got several dozen of those in my runtimes and could have three dozen more, but a maid that actually looks like a maid in a hotel or office building? Nary a one.  I can buy a dozen different jails for Daz/Poser, but there’s exactly ONE prison jumpsuit, and it’s at Poserworld.  M3 had a spacesuit to go with the Daz Spaceshuttle.  M4 and V4 apparently scrubbed out of the program.  And while there are hundreds of different Amazon warrior costumes, is there a single FUNCTIONAL fire fighter outfit for V4… no mesh stockings or mini-skirts? 

And let’s not get onto the subject of Japanese school girl uniforms and why there are so many, other than to say that obviously the reason the Japanese are so far ahead of us in Poser Technology is that THEIR kids have clothes to go to school in. 

And that, Daz, is why we need the Luke, Laura and Mil-Kids shapes now!  So that the Genesis kids can go to school without getting sent home for violating the dress code by showing up in a nearly-there cocktail dress or chain mail micro-bikini with six-inch heels.  It’s your patriotic duty!

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 29 May 2012 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2005-12-12

Well, add another voice to the chorus asking for Luke/Laura for Genesis! As I said in another thread on the old board, I don’t see why we have 3 Victorias and Michaels and some other figures in several incarnations before we get a single teenaged character. I mean, they do exist in the real world, right? :D

Truth to be told, I was kinda hoping that someone who has already worked on younger characters - like Thorne, actually I was thinking precisely of her - would step in and at least try to create a single young character for Genesis. I did not expect in so soon O_O
So basically, this coming product of Thorne is like a dream come true. I don’t usually say that, but, man, I’m gonna buy that right away!

Unfortunately, as far as DAZ is concerned, I’m not too optimistic. I don’t see them releasing anything like that anytime soon. All the more reason to reward those who do!

Posted: 30 May 2012 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  273
Joined  2011-08-02
Thorne - 25 May 2012 06:50 PM

I am currently working on a “Basic Youth” set for Genesis which will include both a teen girl and teen boy shape.  These have been in development for a while now and so should be surfacing in about another month, just finalizing some of the extra included morphs and the new texture sets, of which there will be one each for the boy and for the girl.

The boy will look much more boyish than in the preview below—he just has a V4 texture in this image, because his isn’t finished yet,  but this shows the basic shapes.  These have all new joint parameters and any Genesis clothing will fit them perfectly.

Soon. wink

I can’t wait for those!

Signature 

Posted: 02 June 2012 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2003-11-29

Hey guys. Been out of the poser/daz world for some time and just got on here to check if there had been some progress in the preteen/young teen(I don´t much like the term “tween”) department since that is what I mostly used in my work (digitalvanilla.deviantart.com).
Thorne´s models seem to be exactly what I´d like to work with.
What I remember from before was that the child morphs of genesis was superyoung looking as well as rather boxy and dialling it to be older just produced even more boxy-looking stuff that was very out of proportion.

From what can be seen in Thorne´s image it looks pretty perfect(for me anyway). Lanky and waiflike without boobs. AND with Thornes “signature” look :D (those lips and eyes are to die for)

So yeah, basically just wanted to say that and hopefully it´ll be all I´m hoping for once it´s out. smile

EDIT: Lol, just noticed that it says this is my first post. :S Did all old posts die with the remake? Don´t mind though, looks awesome with joindate 2003 and total posts 1 :D

Posted: 02 June 2012 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2005-01-31

One thing I did is split the basic child head off of the rest of the morph (revert vertices below some point in the neck) so you can put the child face morph in with other faces. I should do this with Aven too (but with the body morph)

Can’t wait for Thorne’s new product.

Signature 

Typed using two wangs (patent pending)
old post count 14346

Posted: 06 July 2012 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1786
Joined  2009-08-08

Well, it looks like Oskarson has slipped in ahead of the rest of the field.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/genesis-preteens/94170#

A very nice start on plugging that gap, it looks like. Not that I won’t grab Thorne’s teens as soon as they show up in the store as well.

Posted: 06 July 2012 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1742
Joined  2008-11-10
JOdel - 06 July 2012 12:20 AM

Actually, several of our last characters (Ryuu, Braxton M5, Anya V5 and Ashley M5…. also some of Santo) have a young adult character and body morph added it. Ashley has two morphs that can be used as a preteen as well.

This render is using the Brady morph from Ashley M5 (currently on sale):

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2337430

If the texture allows a younger morph, I’ll add a young morph in to add more versatility to the set.

Posted: 06 July 2012 12:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4727
Joined  2004-08-11
JOdel - 06 July 2012 12:20 AM

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/genesis-preteens/94170#

A very nice start on plugging that gap, it looks like. Not that I won’t grab Thorne’s teens as soon as they show up in the store as well.

Thanks for the heads up…very believable morphs and the clothing is a nice extra.  grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

3 of 51