20 of 51
Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders
Posted: 30 October 2012 10:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 286 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1842
Joined  2005-04-15
Eric van Straaten - 30 October 2012 07:27 PM

BTW, I don’t use my models for renders as such, but for so-called 3D-prints. This places different demands on the shape of the figure than in 2D-renders.

Wow.  I love the ceramic/Hummel-type figure coloring.  Which medium was that print made in?

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 31 October 2012 04:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 287 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4863
Joined  2009-02-26

To Thorne
(Should she still be following this thread)

LOVE your Genesis Body Morph Resource Kit 2! I also have #1 as well. Really cool!

In relation to this thread….

It would be so awesome for all of us here to see a Genesis Body Morph Resource kit for teens/children! You can never have too many of these separate morphs, I for one totally crave individual features morphs lol (Most genesis people are full body morphs, which is fine, but its the individual sliders like your resource kits and Genesis Evolution that is what builds our original characters!)

I always make my characters as original and as unique as possible, and think this would be a fantastic edition to your Resource Kit series! And as you of all people are aware, there are many different features and characteristics on the growing human figure than the fully grown adults. Judging from your product gallery, I can see you make a point of adding those features to your creations exceptionally well. cheese

Just a idea for a possible future product smile

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 02 November 2012 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 288 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  538
Joined  2011-04-12

I have a pair of free morphs that I think are ready for distribution.  Before I release them for the world to download, I’d like a tester to make sure they install properly and work on systems other than my own.  Any volunteers?

Image Attachments
tweens1.jpg
 Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 02 November 2012 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 289 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m game…  max osx mountain lion

nick

Posted: 02 November 2012 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 290 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2008-12-16

I’ll try if you want - I use Poserpro 2012 so don’t have a lot of experience with Genesis yet, so not sure if you need someone with more familiarity.

Posted: 02 November 2012 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 291 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-12

I do not have Poser companion files for this, so unless you can make your own, I think you’re out of luck.

Signature 

Posted: 02 November 2012 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 292 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-12

I should probably mention that while these morphs do have custom components, they also require the Evolution morphs.

Signature 

Posted: 02 November 2012 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 293 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2008-12-16

np - I wouldn’t know how to make my own, but hopefully someone with more skill than me will be able to make them Poser compatible at some point.

Posted: 03 November 2012 12:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 294 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Murgatroyd - 02 November 2012 07:12 PM

I have a pair of free morphs that I think are ready for distribution.  Before I release them for the world to download, I’d like a tester to make sure they install properly and work on systems other than my own.  Any volunteers?

Are they a full character morph, or is it all made with the many evolution morphs? (Just out of curiosity)

I’m happy to do some testing. But it might be worth putting it on Share CG and put a note like Testers wanted, or something similar. “Please comment so that I know it works well”, I did something similar with my first freebie, when I was worried about weather it would work on someone else’s computer. I soon got feed back that clarified it all worked.

(BTW I use DS.4.5.1.6 Pro) Genesis 1.6.

Signature 

Posted: 03 November 2012 01:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 295 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1424
Joined  2010-02-14

Why not, I feel like I owe this community something useful after being the source of two days worth of hell. smile

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 03 November 2012 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 296 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2003-11-29
Eric van Straaten - 30 October 2012 05:31 PM

Here’s my try of a (low)teen girl. I actually have found that the Genesis-face is very (or too) hard to morph in something I would like to see. For some reason, it lacks a certain kind of ‘living’-quality I need for my renders. I actually use a V4-head (with mainly the ‘Gaia’-morph) which is ‘fitted’ to the Genesis-figure. I can’t say what I used to achieve this because I mixed a lot of different morphs and also created dozens of my own in ZBrush.

I saw the pic and was like, damn that looks like Eric van Straatens work, then I saw your username O_o
sorry for being a total fanboy, but I love your work.

Anyway, back to the topic. Haven´t been using poser/daz for awhile now as I´ve moved more into physical sculpting lately, but I´m still looking forward to a good preteen/lower teen model to make reference pics with.
For me it´s not so much about charts and numbers, but more of an idealized child. Like if you´d take just about any character by Thorne and changed some bodyproportions and got rid of boobs. So, yeah eagerly awaiting Thornes/Daz´s teen.

Murgatroyd, those models look really good atleast the bodies. Face I sometimes find hard to judge without a map since it can tend to look more angular in just grey.

Thanks to everyone for really interesting discussion.

Posted: 03 November 2012 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 297 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-12
Spyro - 03 November 2012 12:25 AM

Are they a full character morph, or is it all made with the many evolution morphs? (Just out of curiosity)

They were made using the basic Genesis morphs, Evolution morphs, and several from resource kits.  I used the resource kit morphs to make a single custom morph for each shape, and control the Genesis and Evolution morphs via ERC.

Signature 

Posted: 03 November 2012 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 298 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1155
Joined  2005-07-29

@ Eric Von Straaten: Very provacative work, sir. I like your website.

@ Murgatroyd: Nice figures. I would gladly help test them if you are still interested. DAZ 4.5.1.6 running Genesis 1.6 on Windows 7

Good work and good conversation all.

What are your candid opinions of Oskarsson’s Genesis Preteens from Renderosity?

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 03 November 2012 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 299 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Murgatroyd - 03 November 2012 12:13 PM
Spyro - 03 November 2012 12:25 AM

They were made using the basic Genesis morphs, Evolution morphs, and several from resource kits.  I used the resource kit morphs to make a single custom morph for each shape, and control the Genesis and Evolution morphs via ERC.

I am so impressed Murgatroyd!! I love them! and they are very well made! Thank you!

(I have PM you with my thoughts in detail) smile

Thanks Again! cheese

Signature 

Posted: 03 November 2012 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 300 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
RKane_1 - 03 November 2012 12:40 PM

What are your candid opinions of Oskarsson’s Genesis Preteens from Renderosity?

There were a few Issues I had with that Item. I think the concept is very good. But for me, I found the characters were under-defined, there was a bit of a lack of detail. Again, for me, the proportions weren’t all there, sort of toonish or exaggerated perhaps.

The problems I faced was a error in the scaling, they would scale down a little bit, but by no means was it scaling correctly, very noticeable next to genesis and other characters. Another issue was the mouth, it tends to be slightly open, observable when close up. I also seem to remember an issue with the eyes for some reason.

On the whole, I think it is a good product, but I think it could be improved. smile

Please no one take offense to this, I mean it to be friendly constructive criticism smile

Signature 

20 of 51