Digital Art Zone

19 of 51
Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders
Posted: 30 October 2012 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 271 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4467
Joined  2004-08-11

I’m in shock… DAZ actually released HIRO 5 before they released AIKO 5!  *faints*

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/hiro-5-pro-bundle

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 30 October 2012 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 272 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4878
Joined  2009-02-26
RAMWolff - 30 October 2012 11:33 AM

I’m in shock… DAZ actually released HIRO 5 before they released AIKO 5!  *faints*

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/hiro-5-pro-bundle

I Told ya.

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 30 October 2012 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 273 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1550
Joined  2009-08-08
Spyro - 30 October 2012 11:29 AM

Dryden for Hiro 5

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dryden-for-hiro-5

Made by Thorne and Sarsa…

Did daz split Thorns teens for Hiro5 and ‘possible Aiko5’ ??? (I’ll have to compare images with Thorns teaser pic…)

Nonetheless. Drayden looks pretty awesome.

Nope. Thorne’s sneak peak was showing the male teen with a V4 texture because his texture wasn’t ready yet.

This is a different figure.

Now, What I *suspect* is that H5 uses the M5 UVs, but I won’t know until I install him. I doubt that he has a separate UV set of his own. I’ve no idea what UVs the Thorne teens will use—but the earliest indications are that they may use the V4 UVs.

Posted: 30 October 2012 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 274 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4878
Joined  2009-02-26
JOdel - 30 October 2012 12:31 PM
Spyro - 30 October 2012 11:29 AM

Dryden for Hiro 5

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dryden-for-hiro-5

Made by Thorne and Sarsa…

Did daz split Thorns teens for Hiro5 and ‘possible Aiko5’ ??? (I’ll have to compare images with Thorns teaser pic…)

Nonetheless. Drayden looks pretty awesome.

Nope. Thorne’s sneak peak was showing the male teen with a V4 texture because his texture wasn’t ready yet.

This is a different figure.

Now, What I *suspect* is that H5 uses the M5 UVs, but I won’t know until I install him. I doubt that he has a separate UV set of his own. I’ve no idea what UVs the Thorne teens will use—but the earliest indications are that they may use the V4 UVs.

I’d imagine the boy would use M4… Since the V4 uv’s on a male dont work all that well. The chest area is the killer.

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 30 October 2012 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 275 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  538
Joined  2011-04-12
Kyoto Kid - 29 October 2012 11:59 PM

...while we are waiting, been working at a genesis version of Leela however have been unable to get Generation X to load V4/Steph4 into Genesis with the Morphs ++ and NPMs which I find important for creating a teen/preteen character.  While the Evolution morphs do include most of the original ++ head morphs, there is no “young” body morph.

I’ve tried workarounds like injecting a bit of Basic Child and Mavka (adjusting the Mavka Head morph to negative values to compensate), however as I found with V4 a couple years ago, the dialing down breast size still seems to be an issue.  The “Breasts Small” morph reduces the “outward” size, but not the breast volume like the NPMs and Morphs++ Breast Size (negative values) do. The Steph4 Breast Volume morph also changes the cleavage which causes unwanted distortion which is noticeable in clothing fits.

I thought of using Thorne’s Princess character (as their characters make it easier to get more natural proportions for smaller breasts), however the only morphs for Genesis I can find are for the hips and head, not the overall body.

Unfortunately, breast shapes vary enough that unless a character comes with her own reduction morphs, it’s almost impossible to shrink them without issues.  I’ve had more success working up from flat than down from an adult female shape.  Even for that, there are no really good morphs on the market; my current solution involves several homebuilt morphs I created using D-Formers—three of them, with different areas of effect, which in combination cover most of the range from flat up to the size where the basic Breast Size morph starts to be useful.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 30 October 2012 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 276 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1550
Joined  2009-08-08

Which reminds me; Surreality’s Otherworldly Wonders:Equinox has a shocking number of morphs, one of the ones for the V4 base (with Morphs ++ I think) is quite properly flat-chested and asexual. The morph transfered over very nicely with GenX, but I haven’t yet tried to use it for blending a child figure. It’s the standard supermodel-tall V4.

Posted: 30 October 2012 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 277 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1849
Joined  2005-04-15
Murgatroyd - 30 October 2012 01:24 PM

Unfortunately, breast shapes vary enough that unless a character comes with her own reduction morphs, it’s almost impossible to shrink them without issues.  I’ve had more success working up from flat than down from an adult female shape.  Even for that, there are no really good morphs on the market;

Yeah, kinda weird that no one markets a package called Pre-Teen Breast Forms…

Or maybe not. tongue wink

Gee, my 200th post in the new forum and what do I use it for…?

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 30 October 2012 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 278 ]
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2009-05-29

Here’s my try of a (low)teen girl. I actually have found that the Genesis-face is very (or too) hard to morph in something I would like to see. For some reason, it lacks a certain kind of ‘living’-quality I need for my renders. I actually use a V4-head (with mainly the ‘Gaia’-morph) which is ‘fitted’ to the Genesis-figure. I can’t say what I used to achieve this because I mixed a lot of different morphs and also created dozens of my own in ZBrush.

Image Attachments
bambibait.jpg

Posted: 30 October 2012 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 279 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

I think she looks really good actually.  Her face looks very life like!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 30 October 2012 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 280 ]
Joined  2009-05-29

Do you mean Genesis or my render? If you mean Genesis: yes, at first glance she looks lifelike, but I want my figures to have a certain doll like quality, but still have a livelyness to them. When you try to morph the Genesis-face to reflect that, I found that especially when you make the eyes bigger, the turn strange and ‘cold’. I can’t explain it better, I am happy with my V4-faces and because I think the Genesis body is vastly superior when it comes to muscles and morphs, I have tried to shape the Genesis face to resemble that of my V4’s. Every time I ended up with an ugly (or unhealthy) looking chick!

Posted: 30 October 2012 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 281 ]
Joined  2009-05-29

BTW, I don’t use my models for renders as such, but for so-called 3D-prints. This places different demands on the shape of the figure than in 2D-renders.

Image Attachments
DSC09072.JPG

Posted: 30 October 2012 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 282 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  382
Joined  2003-10-09
Eric van Straaten - 30 October 2012 07:27 PM

BTW, I don’t use my models for renders as such, but for so-called 3D-prints. This places different demands on the shape of the figure than in 2D-renders.

First one is a render and this one is 3D-print? That’s really cool.

Signature 

My DAZ Store
SqueeZings - Poses for Squee
Cool & Sexy - Poses for Stephanie 5
MoveS for Hitomi
FaerieWylde

Posted: 30 October 2012 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 283 ]
Joined  2009-05-29

Yes;)

Posted: 30 October 2012 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 284 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Hmmm, well the 3D render looks great.  I still think she’s a really nice looking shape.  The only thing I think looks odd is the neck up where it meets with the head.  Looks a little off to me.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 30 October 2012 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 285 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10767
Joined  2007-11-06
Murgatroyd - 30 October 2012 01:24 PM
Kyoto Kid - 29 October 2012 11:59 PM

...while we are waiting, been working at a genesis version of Leela however have been unable to get Generation X to load V4/Steph4 into Genesis with the Morphs ++ and NPMs which I find important for creating a teen/preteen character.  While the Evolution morphs do include most of the original ++ head morphs, there is no “young” body morph.

I’ve tried workarounds like injecting a bit of Basic Child and Mavka (adjusting the Mavka Head morph to negative values to compensate), however as I found with V4 a couple years ago, the dialing down breast size still seems to be an issue.  The “Breasts Small” morph reduces the “outward” size, but not the breast volume like the NPMs and Morphs++ Breast Size (negative values) do. The Steph4 Breast Volume morph also changes the cleavage which causes unwanted distortion which is noticeable in clothing fits.

I thought of using Thorne’s Princess character (as their characters make it easier to get more natural proportions for smaller breasts), however the only morphs for Genesis I can find are for the hips and head, not the overall body.

Unfortunately, breast shapes vary enough that unless a character comes with her own reduction morphs, it’s almost impossible to shrink them without issues.  I’ve had more success working up from flat than down from an adult female shape.  Even for that, there are no really good morphs on the market; my current solution involves several homebuilt morphs I created using D-Formers—three of them, with different areas of effect, which in combination cover most of the range from flat up to the size where the basic Breast Size morph starts to be useful.

...the main reason I have GenerationX was because it is supposed to allow one to use the various morphs and characters available for the Gen4/Gen3 body shapes with Genesis.  It is not an inexpensive plugin (something lie 30$+)  Yet all I can seem to pull in is the base figure (Steph4, V4, M4 etc) but none of the additional morphs or characters based on those models.

I also still don’t know why I do not see the Princess FBM inwith the other the Genesis character shapes.

I don’t have Sadie (too expensive plus I have a huge investment in the original character that I built up over the years)

I don’t have Hitomi (too much an “anime” look and besides, I still have a soft spot for Aiko3).

I am not all that up on creating custom morphs and I never could get DFormers to work right.

During my “experiments” I actually created a weight mapped Steph4 (the only way I could save the character with all the morph sets intact), but because the geometry changed, pretty much all character MATs, save for the Base V4 and Steph4 ones, no longer work. Also because the character is now “tri-ax” (I think that’s the term) weight mapped geometry, I no longer can use GenerationX to combine it with Genesis.

This is a real sticking point for me for I feel I can only get “so close” compared to what I could do with V4 and Stph4.and the various morphs/characters available to them.  This was a major part of why I was so reluctant to embrace Genesis at the outset for it seemed like having to start all over again waiting (and in this case waiting… [insert old forums “waiting” smiley here]) for the morph sets/characters I need.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

19 of 51