17 of 51
Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders
Posted: 24 October 2012 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 241 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1702
Joined  2010-02-14
Spyro - 24 October 2012 12:36 AM

If daz would finally release Thornes OVERDUE release, I’ll be satisfied. To be honest, the renderosity teens really didn’t do it for me. I’m getting rather impatient. I check the new releases every day… and although there is some pretty cool stuff being released, I remain rather disappointed in the fact that the FIRST true teen characters in daz for genesis are being ridiculously held back. I’m not interested in ‘toon’, and now that Hiro 5 is about to be released, I wont be surprised if Thornes teens are held off for another several months. :(

Not so fast. We have to wait until Aiko 5 gets out first.

You know the drill, the female always comes out first so she can get all of the major attention and support, then comes the male crawling in her shadow with half the hype and even half the wardrobe ratio…

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 24 October 2012 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 242 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1702
Joined  2009-08-08

Well, it’s always seemed to work that way, but if that’s the drill we ought to expect a David 5 next, and I don’t think anyone has heard a peep in that direction.

However, someone who checked the info page saw a notation for Hiro 5, but none for Aiko.

Posted: 24 October 2012 10:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 243 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12107
Joined  2007-11-06

...Daz is beginning to disappoint me again on this matter.

Poser has DSON, it’s been out long enough, so let’s get on with it and release Thorne’s teens.

...and we also need a K4 body shape so we can use Generation X with the different kid characters and morphs.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 25 October 2012 12:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 244 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6432
Joined  2006-02-20
RCDeschene - 24 October 2012 07:16 PM

If daz would finally release Thornes OVERDUE release, I’ll be satisfied. To be honest, the renderosity teens really didn’t do it for me. I’m getting rather impatient. I check the new releases every day… and although there is some pretty cool stuff being released, I remain rather disappointed in the fact that the FIRST true teen characters in daz for genesis are being ridiculously held back. I’m not interested in ‘toon’, and now that Hiro 5 is about to be released, I wont be surprised if Thornes teens are held off for another several months. :(

You know the drill, the female always comes out first so she can get all of the major attention and support, then comes the male crawling in her shadow with half the hype and even half the wardrobe ratio…

There is somebody watching the new Readme’s - there are MANY new Readme’s for HIRO 5 and Hiro5 clothes/hair ... still no links to live products, but I think this time he is coming first.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 25 October 2012 01:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 245 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4968
Joined  2009-02-26
Kerya - 25 October 2012 12:01 AM
RCDeschene - 24 October 2012 07:16 PM

There is somebody watching the new Readme’s - there are MANY new Readme’s for HIRO 5 and Hiro5 clothes/hair ... still no links to live products, but I think this time he is coming first.

With the amount of content Hiro 5 has now, I’d say he’s very close to release. He’s definitely got enough stuff for the pro bundle already.

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 25 October 2012 06:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 246 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2343
Joined  2005-04-15

If it follows recent pattern, Thorne’s teens will be dropped out at a time when there are no other Daz Original promotions going on.  That way the sucke… er, early adopters will end up paying somewhere in the neighborhood of 50% off after best case PC discounts.  Then, within 90 days, they’ll drop to 70% off in a sale, Daz will screw something up and they’ll end up 85% off for two hours and while people are moaning about that, they’ll suddenly show up for free on a disc from Digital Artist. 

(sometimes you don’t have to be psychic to see the future.)

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 25 October 2012 07:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 247 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Cybersox13 - 25 October 2012 06:31 AM

If it follows recent pattern, Thorne’s teens will be dropped out at a time when there are no other Daz Original promotions going on.  That way the sucke… er, early adopters will end up paying somewhere in the neighborhood of 50% off after best case PC discounts.  Then, within 90 days, they’ll drop to 70% off in a sale, Daz will screw something up and they’ll end up 85% off for two hours and while people are moaning about that, they’ll suddenly show up for free on a disc from Digital Artist. 

(sometimes you don’t have to be psychic to see the future.)

More like they wont release it during the Anniversary sale so they can get full price! Hiro WILL push back the teens release for at least a month, which sucks cos I want ‘real’ not anime. (That said though, Gen 3+4 Hiro was quite usefull for teens)

Good news though… An item titled “Children of the world” has appeared in the coming soon Read me’s! Hopefully that is a re-named pack with Thornes “Basic Youth” in it!!

Signature 

Posted: 25 October 2012 07:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 248 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Link here:

Children of the World

Signature 

Posted: 25 October 2012 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 249 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3774
Joined  2012-02-06

I’m looking forward to the Basic Youth set too, but I doubt that Children of the World is it. It’s probably more likely to be something like Happy Kids (maybe a sequel by the same PA). http://www.daz3d.com/shop/happy-kids

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 25 October 2012 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 250 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6432
Joined  2006-02-20

There was, once upon a time, a product called “children of our time” by Artcollaborations ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 25 October 2012 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 251 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Scott-Livingston - 25 October 2012 07:23 AM

I’m looking forward to the Basic Youth set too, but I doubt that Children of the World is it. It’s probably more likely to be something like Happy Kids (maybe a sequel by the same PA). http://www.daz3d.com/shop/happy-kids

Your right… It’s prob just a Kids4 one… Or another expansion for those toon kids rolleyes

Signature 

Posted: 25 October 2012 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 252 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  66
Joined  2005-01-31

That’s funny, I had no idea there was any Hiro5 content.

incidentally I really liked ArtCollab’s Children of our Time.

Signature 

Typed using two wangs (patent pending)
old post count 14346

Posted: 25 October 2012 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 253 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16748
Joined  2003-10-09
Spyro - 25 October 2012 07:53 AM

Your right… It’s prob just a Kids4 one… Or another expansion for those toon kids rolleyes

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/10376/#147919

Some of us love our K4 kids

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 25 October 2012 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 254 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
chohole - 25 October 2012 10:22 AM

LOL, I didn’t mean it like that Cho. Just that we’ve been waiting for the first genesis teens to finally be released and its taken months and still nothing. We know it is completed (Thorne said so) but daz is holding on to them and wont share lol

Signature 

Posted: 25 October 2012 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 255 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3774
Joined  2012-02-06
chohole - 25 October 2012 10:22 AM

Wow, I guessed right! big surprise I can’t wait for Kids 5; hopefully there will be one. Genesis Basic Child is okay…much like Basic Female and Basic Male…but V5, M5, etc. are so much better, I’d like to see younger folk get the same attention.

Children of the World looks like a great product for those who use K4. I don’t, but if I had money left I might be tempted to get it for the textures.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

17 of 51