Posted: 14 October 2012 05:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 226 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  544
Joined  2011-04-12
RCDeschene - 14 October 2012 03:18 PM
adacey - 14 October 2012 02:23 PM
Westland44 - 14 October 2012 02:03 PM
Murgatroyd - 12 October 2012 06:24 PM

I’ve just come up with a remarkably simple formula for a pair of young teens.  Each of the kids in the attached picture was made using a total of three morph sliders.

May we know which? Thanks.

2nd this, please share the details, these look really good, all the more so when it’s only 3 dials.

3rd.

Girl:
50% Sadie
-40% Sadie Head
50% FemaleBody03 from Feminine Touch for Genesis*

Boy:
50% Sam
-40% Sam Head
50% ManlyMen04 from Manly Men M5*

I also zeroed out the hidden MCM that the Sadie and Sam Head morphs erroneously apply when set to negative values.

*Other morphs can be substituted for these.  I just went through the female and male morphs I had installed until I found ones that looked good.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 227 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1566
Joined  2010-02-14

You know, I HAD a feeling that SOMEONE was going to point out a solution involving Sadie & Sam with their heads morphed back… smile

Just because of that, I may very well end up buying a couple Toon bundles, my self. I always did like Jasmine and Jason’s bodies… wink

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 228 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1861
Joined  2006-02-17
RCDeschene - 14 October 2012 06:52 PM

You know, I HAD a feeling that SOMEONE was going to point out a solution involving Sadie & Sam with their heads morphed back… smile

Just because of that, I may very well end up buying a couple Toon bundles, my self. I always did like Jasmine and Jason’s bodies… wink

With Genesis, you never know WHAT will come in handy.  A little Troll and a little Reptillian and a little Anubis and a little Sam and ....

Bubble, bubble, ....
Bibbity, bobbity, ....
yadda, yadda, yadda.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 14 October 2012 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 229 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1605
Joined  2009-08-08
Westland44 - 14 October 2012 02:06 PM
JOdel - 11 October 2012 04:00 PM

Well, from today’s big announcement, I’d say that they’ve had other fish to fry. This looks like a real game changer.

[. . .]

Please, what announcement? Thanks.

The Genesis for Poser announcement.

Posted: 14 October 2012 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 230 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1605
Joined  2009-08-08
Murgatroyd - 14 October 2012 05:10 PM
RCDeschene - 14 October 2012 03:18 PM
adacey - 14 October 2012 02:23 PM
Westland44 - 14 October 2012 02:03 PM
Murgatroyd - 12 October 2012 06:24 PM

I’ve just come up with a remarkably simple formula for a pair of young teens.  Each of the kids in the attached picture was made using a total of three morph sliders.

May we know which? Thanks.

2nd this, please share the details, these look really good, all the more so when it’s only 3 dials.

3rd.

Girl:
50% Sadie
-40% Sadie Head
50% FemaleBody03 from Feminine Touch for Genesis*

Boy:
50% Sam
-40% Sam Head
50% ManlyMen04 from Manly Men M5*

I also zeroed out the hidden MCM that the Sadie and Sam Head morphs erroneously apply when set to negative values.

*Other morphs can be substituted for these.  I just went through the female and male morphs I had installed until I found ones that looked good.

Okay, so we have to click the show hidden morphs, and then what? WHere do we find the MCM that needs to be zeroed?

Posted: 14 October 2012 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 231 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  544
Joined  2011-04-12

The easiest way to find it is under Currently Used.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 15 October 2012 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 232 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  66
Joined  2005-01-31

Yeah I’m liking 50% Sadie 50% someone else. I didn’t try dialing down the Sadie head though.

I’m having a lot of fun using Puppeteer to nail down exactly the morph mix I want.

Signature 

Typed using two wangs (patent pending)
old post count 14346

Posted: 23 October 2012 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 233 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-08-16

I’ve been following this thread since the first post and…

I’ve had the Genesis character since day one and it is remarkable. It is also remarkable that here we are over a year later and there are no teen/young adult characters available. Several months ago I switched entirely to Genesis and deleted my Gen 3 and 4 runtimes (except the materials) and haven’t looked back but… I am still waiting for a replacement for Luke/Laura/Millennium Kids. I’ve tried to create own with varying degrees of success (the Sadie and Sam morphs mentioned in this thread are a pretty clever hack) but they still lack the professional look that the Thorne/Sarsa and Handspan custom characters had. I could just re-download the Gen 3 and 4 teen characters but what’s the point of upgrading to new technology if you have to bring out the old for some jobs

There has to be a market for these characters. What gives? Anyone?

Michael Grant

What`s with the “new member - total posts 1”?  I`ve been using Studio/Carrara/Hexagon/Bryce for years and posting in the forums all that time. Geez I even paid for them!

Posted: 23 October 2012 11:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 234 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  623
Joined  2004-12-14
myklgrant - 23 October 2012 08:36 PM

I’ve had the Genesis character since day one and it is remarkable. It is also remarkable that here we are over a year later and there are no teen/young adult characters available. Several months ago I switched entirely to Genesis and deleted my Gen 3 and 4 runtimes (except the materials) and haven’t looked back but… I am still waiting for a replacement for Luke/Laura/Millennium Kids. I’ve tried to create own with varying degrees of success (the Sadie and Sam morphs mentioned in this thread are a pretty clever hack) but they still lack the professional look that the Thorne/Sarsa and Handspan custom characters had. I could just re-download the Gen 3 and 4 teen characters but what’s the point of upgrading to new technology if you have to bring out the old for some jobs

Michael Grant

There are YT characters available - just not at DAZ:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/genesis-preteens/94170

I am tired of waiting for T&S - I’ll be using these to get YT/Genesis figures into Poser.  I am like you, I use YT figures - my stories don’t exist in a “Logan’s Run” universe, I need family members of all ages. 

Of course, if you are using Poser 2012, you can weight-map the Gen3 figures yourself - That has been my short-term solution with Luke & Laura - the mesh issues are fixed, but too many of the Gen3 textures are made for Poser 4 - the state of the art has moved forward over the past decade.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 24 October 2012 12:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 235 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11246
Joined  2007-11-06

...I’m just going to keep pushing the morphs as best I can for now.  Heck, I created an 7 - 8 year old out of Vicky4 (granted, took a while).  Maybe by the time I almost get it right, there will be a good teen/preteen character released.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 24 October 2012 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 236 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4919
Joined  2009-02-26

If daz would finally release Thornes OVERDUE release, I’ll be satisfied. To be honest, the renderosity teens really didn’t do it for me. I’m getting rather impatient. I check the new releases every day… and although there is some pretty cool stuff being released, I remain rather disappointed in the fact that the FIRST true teen characters in daz for genesis are being ridiculously held back. I’m not interested in ‘toon’, and now that Hiro 5 is about to be released, I wont be surprised if Thornes teens are held off for another several months. :(

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 24 October 2012 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 237 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2880
Joined  2004-04-14
ssgbryan - 23 October 2012 11:05 PM

I am tired of waiting for T&S

Thorne said a while back that they were sold to DAZ.  So ball is in their court.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 24 October 2012 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 238 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  383
Joined  2003-10-09
Mattymanx - 24 October 2012 12:40 AM

Thorne said a while back that they were sold to DAZ.  So ball is in their court.

That and it’s Thorne and HandspanStudios smile

Signature 

My DAZ Store
SqueeZings - Poses for Squee
Cool & Sexy - Poses for Stephanie 5
MoveS for Hitomi
FaerieWylde

Posted: 24 October 2012 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 239 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  623
Joined  2004-12-14
Puntomaus - 24 October 2012 09:07 AM
Mattymanx - 24 October 2012 12:40 AM

That and it’s Thorne and HandspanStudios smile

My bad.  It was late & I was low on caffeine.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 24 October 2012 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 240 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  66
Joined  2005-01-31
myklgrant - 23 October 2012 08:36 PM

Michael Grant

There is Taiga… I think she is quite reminiscent of the old MGPT characters.

I also like 3DU Aven… (another one where I didn’t get the promo images, but eventually bought and was very happy with)

I’m actually pretty happy right now, especially with Puppeteer to refine mixes. I want to have the T+HS take on youth but I don’t feel like it’s “holding me back” to not have it.

Personally I wouldn’t go back to previous generations at this point…

Signature 

Typed using two wangs (patent pending)
old post count 14346

16 of 51