Digital Art Zone

15 of 51
Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders
Posted: 11 October 2012 12:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 211 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6592
Joined  2006-02-20

I am happy to hear you are having a better experience this time! Honestly. I was worried you are loosing having fun with rendering.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 11 October 2012 12:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 212 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2321
Joined  2005-09-05
Kyoto Kid - 10 October 2012 08:57 PM

Seems some of the memory management issues with 3A and earlier versions of 4.0 that I found so vexing may have been resolved as I never could cancel a render, and try another one without first closing and reopening the app. Also cancelling a render immediately ends the process unlike in older versions where it would keep running, sometimes for a long time before clearing.  Still wish they had a background/queue rendering mode like Poser Pro 2010/2012 have though.

Going to try a few more poses expressions and settings as well as recreating the Harpsichord scene but this time with her elven friend Tracey (who will use a bit more of Princess) to see just how far I can push things.

I guess I should maybe put Throne’s Teen character on the “virtual wish list” however Princess works so good, especially for getting a more youthful face as TZORG mentioned.

OK, so guess I was a bit harsh on 4.5/Genesis.  Most of my initial experiments were with the early releases of 4.0 which admittedly did negatively colour my opinion.  The body shapes (I have all the Gen4 and AIko/HIro3 ones) along with GenerationX help a lot and actually make this interesting again.  The original Leela took years to “perfect” as best as Gen 4 could handle it. Only 3+ hours from basically “nothing” to a fairly finished character with Genesis is, frankly, amazing.

OK, everyone,  grab those cocoanut creme pies and begin throwing. red face

No coconut creme pies…just really pleased that you have gotten it to work better for you. : )

The time it takes to create characters using genesis is amazing I agree!

Hugs

Pen

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 11 October 2012 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 213 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  842
Joined  2005-12-12
Spyro - 10 October 2012 09:40 PM
TZORG - 10 October 2012 08:54 AM

I check the store every day for Thorne’s product… That’s the last thing I’m still waiting for

DAZ is *Still* holding out on us :( I’ve been waiting ever since Thorne made the announcement. Like you, checking almost every day since.

‘Daz soon’ is like never.

It’s a conspiracy - DAZ did not buy Thorne’s morphs to release them themselves. They bought them to make sure they are never released, so there never, ever will be teens character for Genesis.

Just because they’re evil ^^

Posted: 11 October 2012 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 214 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4946
Joined  2009-02-26
Barubary - 11 October 2012 08:00 AM
Spyro - 10 October 2012 09:40 PM
TZORG - 10 October 2012 08:54 AM

I check the store every day for Thorne’s product… That’s the last thing I’m still waiting for

DAZ is *Still* holding out on us :( I’ve been waiting ever since Thorne made the announcement. Like you, checking almost every day since.

‘Daz soon’ is like never.

It’s a conspiracy - DAZ did not buy Thorne’s morphs to release them themselves. They bought them to make sure they are never released, so there never, ever will be teens character for Genesis.

Just because they’re evil ^^

tongue laugh

Image Attachments
t-1000notamused.jpg
 Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 11 October 2012 08:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 215 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Hoping they release it today*...

*Unlikely

Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2012 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 216 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2005-01-31
Barubary - 11 October 2012 08:00 AM

I’ve entertained a similar thought. Where DAZ thinks “Thorne’s kids are just too good, we must buy up the supply to prevent them from getting out”

Signature 

Typed using two wangs (patent pending)
old post count 14346

Posted: 11 October 2012 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 217 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

OR they holding off cos they making the official Luke&Laura; 5… Again Unlikely. But one would hope that the excessive wait wasn’t in vein.

Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 218 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1802
Joined  2009-08-08

Well, from today’s big announcement, I’d say that they’ve had other fish to fry. This looks like a real game changer.

On the other hand, I’m still waiting for the kids myself—although when I *really* needed them was back in 2010 and 2011.

ETA: I’ve had a lovely thought since this morning, but it may well be a slice of blue sky pie. Probably is, actually.

The PC Anniversary is running a Buy It All promotion. The bonus earned by buying it all (which appears to be every PC item released during the month. There may be other items as well since someone mentioned “crossover” items) is a Pro collection for one of the Gen 5 figures.

That’s a significant prize, but given that PC members got significant discounts on them when they came out, I wonder how much of a draw that is for the bulk of the membership.

HOWEVER, if buying it all qualified one to trade the credit earned on a wild card substitution for the Pro collection of the *next* Gen 5 figure, or figures to be released, I’d go for that in a New York minute. Sight unseen.

But you know that I’m thinking of Thorne’s teen figures.

Unfortunately, nice as it is to think of, if it’s on the menu it presents a bit of a grumph in ETA. The Buy It All bonus won’t be awarded until the start of December. I’d really not have to wait that long. But we may have to, Buy It All or not.

Posted: 12 October 2012 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 219 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  555
Joined  2011-04-12

I’ve just come up with a remarkably simple formula for a pair of young teens.  Each of the kids in the attached picture was made using a total of three morph sliders.

Image Attachments
simpleteens.png
 Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 12 October 2012 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 220 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1802
Joined  2009-08-08

And they look really good, too. If you start from a specific character, that looks like an extremely useful way of depicting a given character at different ages.

Posted: 12 October 2012 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 221 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3813
Joined  2012-02-06
Murgatroyd - 12 October 2012 06:24 PM

I’ve just come up with a remarkably simple formula for a pair of young teens.  Each of the kids in the attached picture was made using a total of three morph sliders.

Only three sliders? They turned out really well—nice job!

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 14 October 2012 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 222 ]
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2011-11-23

May we know which? Thanks.

Posted: 14 October 2012 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 223 ]
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2011-11-23
JOdel - 11 October 2012 04:00 PM

Well, from today’s big announcement, I’d say that they’ve had other fish to fry. This looks like a real game changer.

[. . .]

Please, what announcement? Thanks.

Posted: 14 October 2012 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 224 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  123
Joined  2011-11-11
Westland44 - 14 October 2012 02:03 PM

2nd this, please share the details, these look really good, all the more so when it’s only 3 dials.

Signature 

Andrew Dacey
Photographer
Geek

Posted: 14 October 2012 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 225 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1784
Joined  2010-02-14
adacey - 14 October 2012 02:23 PM
Westland44 - 14 October 2012 02:03 PM

2nd this, please share the details, these look really good, all the more so when it’s only 3 dials.

3rd.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

15 of 51