Digital Art Zone

2 of 51
Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders
Posted: 26 May 2012 04:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  748
Joined  2010-03-13
Thorne - 25 May 2012 06:50 PM

I am currently working on a “Basic Youth” set for Genesis which will include both a teen girl and teen boy shape.  These have been in development for a while now and so should be surfacing in about another month, just finalizing some of the extra included morphs and the new texture sets, of which there will be one each for the boy and for the girl.

The boy will look much more boyish than in the preview below—he just has a V4 texture in this image, because his isn’t finished yet,  but this shows the basic shapes.  These have all new joint parameters and any Genesis clothing will fit them perfectly.

Soon. wink

This looks very good smile . It is somewhat manageable to get a decent teen shape with Genesis, but I am really looking forward to your product there, Thorne smile

Posted: 26 May 2012 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2509
Joined  2005-04-15
RCDeschene - 26 May 2012 01:32 AM

[Those are other figures I wouldn’t wait around see either. Anything prior to Gen 3 and all the side Gen 3 characters (basically any thing that’s not the main couples like Victoria & Michael, Stephanie & David, Aiko & Hiro, and Girl & Freak) is completely kicked to the crub . Though She-Freak is a DAZ Original and is a female counterpart to the Freak, DAZ also references her in the Victoria 5 description as something that we can customize for ourselves, indicating that any further official support for her is unnecessary.

I wouldn’t bet on it.  You have to remember a few things:

First and foremost, Daz runs on the Barbie model.  They sell or give away a product cheaply and then make the money on the accessories, and the product that they are giving away now is Genesis.  The more product they can sell for Genesis, therefore, the better.

Second, the store is still full of product for those figures, most of which are owned by Daz and many of which have never been duplicated in any of the following generations. Make those easily usable with Genesis and that’s instant cash in hand for Daz. 

The primary target for Daz right now is getting new buyers to enter the market, and while GenX is a Godsend for those wiling to take the time to learn and use it, it’s the availability of the straight Gen 3 forms that makes the old Gen 3 costumes a new cash cow.  After all, while it’s been a huge boon for those of us with runtimes in the thousands of items, the real reason for those V3 blanks is to make it easier for newbies to use those older items with the new figures without having to use GenX or figure convertors.

So, all in all, a straight business analysis makes it fairly worthwhile for Daz to either create, or have outside vendors create, Genesis forms for as many old figures as they can.  Sure, we’re unlikely to see Emotiguy, and I’m not expecting any of it to happen immediately, but I imagine we’ll start seeing a lot of third party figures showing up as Genesis forms eventually… things like Staci, Mayadoll and Sixius’ stuff, for example.

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 26 May 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1232
Joined  2004-08-24
RAMWolff - 25 May 2012 07:17 PM

TZORG is a guy!

Damn! Old Forum deceptive avatars are deceptive! Ahh, Forum psychology at its finest… LOL

Contrary to my avatar, I am NOT (unfortunately) a golden retriever puppy with a Snoopy stuffed animal in my mouth.  LOL

Seriously, though, I know what you mean.  A combination of screen names and avatars OFTEN has me guessing someone’s gender wrong wink

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 26 May 2012 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11

I know, most think I’m a talking Wolffie…. Ooops, I am!  ARF ARF ARF!  raspberry

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 26 May 2012 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2005-05-17

Thorne those look really good, they will defintely fill a gap!

Posted: 26 May 2012 09:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3037
Joined  2004-04-14
Thorne - 25 May 2012 06:50 PM

I am currently working on a “Basic Youth” set for Genesis which will include both a teen girl and teen boy shape.  These have been in development for a while now and so should be surfacing in about another month, just finalizing some of the extra included morphs and the new texture sets, of which there will be one each for the boy and for the girl.

The boy will look much more boyish than in the preview below—he just has a V4 texture in this image, because his isn’t finished yet,  but this shows the basic shapes.  These have all new joint parameters and any Genesis clothing will fit them perfectly.

Soon. wink

Thank you kindly.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 26 May 2012 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1773
Joined  2010-02-14
Cybersox13 - 26 May 2012 08:56 AM

[Those are other figures I wouldn’t wait around see either. Anything prior to Gen 3 and all the side Gen 3 characters (basically any thing that’s not the main couples like Victoria & Michael, Stephanie & David, Aiko & Hiro, and Girl & Freak) is completely kicked to the crub . Though She-Freak is a DAZ Original and is a female counterpart to the Freak, DAZ also references her in the Victoria 5 description as something that we can customize for ourselves, indicating that any further official support for her is unnecessary.

I wouldn’t bet on it.  You have to remember a few things:

First and foremost, Daz runs on the Barbie model.  They sell or give away a product cheaply and then make the money on the accessories, and the product that they are giving away now is Genesis.  The more product they can sell for Genesis, therefore, the better.

Second, the store is still full of product for those figures, most of which are owned by Daz and many of which have never been duplicated in any of the following generations. Make those easily usable with Genesis and that’s instant cash in hand for Daz. 

The primary target for Daz right now is getting new buyers to enter the market, and while GenX is a Godsend for those wiling to take the time to learn and use it, it’s the availability of the straight Gen 3 forms that makes the old Gen 3 costumes a new cash cow.  After all, while it’s been a huge boon for those of us with runtimes in the thousands of items, the real reason for those V3 blanks is to make it easier for newbies to use those older items with the new figures without having to use GenX or figure convertors.

So, all in all, a straight business analysis makes it fairly worthwhile for Daz to either create, or have outside vendors create, Genesis forms for as many old figures as they can.  Sure, we’re unlikely to see Emotiguy, and I’m not expecting any of it to happen immediately, but I imagine we’ll start seeing a lot of third party figures showing up as Genesis forms eventually… things like Staci, Mayadoll and Sixius’ stuff, for example.

As true as all that is, if was the absolute case, then there would have been more support for the Millennium Kids, there would have been a David 4 and Teens 4 along with their range of support packs (Starter and Pro Bundles), the Gen 2 & 3 vaulting would have never occurred, the Stephanie 4 Genesis Shape wouldn’t have been an exclusive bonus to those who bought the V4/M4 Shapes at release, etc. (I would also argue that DAZ would continue a strong rate of Gen 4 support for Poser users, but I will NOT open up that can of worms…)

DAZ is with no argument a company that wants to make money, absolutely. However, like any other company they only want to produce things that will sell. DAZ openly made the decision to discontinue any further generational support for characters like Lara & Luke because they didn’t make that cut. The consumer interest and PA support for the Millennium Woman, Man and their iconic counterparts always out-shined the Child lines.

I know I always sound so pessimistic in these kinds of topics, I really do want to see the whole Millennium family continued to be fully supported, especially now that Genesis makes this all the more easier, however I also know that DAZ will only make moves that they know will make them the most money based on what will stick out more.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 27 May 2012 08:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2509
Joined  2005-04-15
RCDeschene - 26 May 2012 09:59 PM

As true as all that is, if was the absolute case, then there would have been more support for the Millennium Kids, there would have been a David 4 and Teens 4 along with their range of support packs (Starter and Pro Bundles), the Gen 2 & 3 vaulting would have never occurred, the Stephanie 4 Genesis Shape wouldn’t have been an exclusive bonus to those who bought the V4/M4 Shapes at release, etc. (I would also argue that DAZ would continue a strong rate of Gen 4 support for Poser users, but I will NOT open up that can of worms…)

Except… that I rather think you’re looking at it backwards.  This is hardly the same as introducing a Gen 4 version of a character, where the fundamental problem with the gen 3 to gen 4 transition was that the gen 4 figures were entirely new figures that weren’t compatible with anything prepared for gen 3.  So to make Luke and Laura 4 would not just have have required vendors to go back and recreate appropriate clothes, but because everything in Gen 4 was a riff on either V4 or M4, each new “figure” added ALSO meant a large number of additional morphs that each vendor had to support for each new unimesh product they produced.  So it was a catch 22 - the characters weren’t popular enough to justify a lot of new product and without all the things those characters needed… like proper teen clothes in the case of Laura, as it would look a bit weird for her to go to school in a V4 Hot Dress or a Hot School Uniform ... those characters were never going to get that popular. 

With Genesis, however, all those great Gen 3 clothes can be made to instantly work again, just by introducing basic blanks for Luke, Laura, etc..  That makes a huge library of product that Daz already has compatible with their new product… To go back to the Barbie anaology, the Gen 3 to Gen 4 transition was like when GI Joe went from being a 12” action figure to a 4”.  The brand name was the same, but there was almost nothing made for the one that could be used on any of the other.  With the Gen 4 to Gen 5 transition, on the other hand, it’s as if someone had made a shrinking ray so that all those 12” Joe accessories that Daz R Us has in the back room suddenly fit the new 4” Joes.  It’s basically found money for a very small investment.

And really, what I want, and what I think what most of us want when we say we want the mil kids blanks for Genesis isn’t those characters, it’s being able to use their clothes, shoes, hair and textures without having to use genX, a clothing convertor and a texture convertor first. Especially since a lot of the old Gen 3 and earlier clothing are the “boring, regular day to day” items that that trampy V4 never seemed to have in her closet.

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 27 May 2012 08:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  613
Joined  2004-12-14

Luke & Laura didn’t sell well because DAZ released on average 1 outfit every 6 months.  Most of them weren’t very good, quite frankly.  I purchased literally everything that was released here for them.  I know of 1 outfit in particular that was wrapped up in an installer 6 months before it was released.

The “artists” here are only interested in making fantasy outfits and are aggressively uninterested in making anything else for the most part.

Luckily, I have wardrobe wizard & morphing clothes - I can easily convert any piece of clothing to fit them when necessary.

I do wish they had made Gen 4 versions. I would have snapped them right up.

As far as a Genesis version, well DAZ has to get it running on my computer first, I am not holding my breath.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 27 May 2012 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2006-09-09
JohnDelaquiox - 25 May 2012 01:59 PM

First I want to say Hey to all and welcome back to the Daz Forums Using my Sports Announcer Voice.

(Great Sports Announcer Voice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_md_8yg9faE)

I am curious to see how many people would like to see a Luke and Laura morph set for Genesis. For those who do not know Luke and Laura were or rather still are the Millennium Kids Young Teens. They were some really great products but did not get a lot of third party support.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/millennium-kids-young-teens

I have tried to get some nice Young Teens using the Genesis Morphs I have. But have not been satisfied with the the results. Mixing any of the Adult characters with the Mil Kid has not given me the results I am looking for. I would like some non toon characters

I would also like for this to be the first Render Thread of the new Forums but unfortunately the Re-size Image Function is not working. So if have some smaller images or links to some genesis renders that might fit the theme of Young Teen or Late teens please do post them if you please. I will also post some of mine as soon as they are ready to go on either Deviant Art or Renderosity.

Here’s my attempt at a pre-teen using Genesis & the Evolution morphs.

Signature 

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We are on the same side now.
:coolgrin:
Old post count: 2426
:coolsmile:
Me on Facebook
My Freebies
My Gallery

Posted: 27 May 2012 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11
Cybersox13 - 27 May 2012 08:24 AM

With Genesis, however, all those great Gen 3 clothes can be made to instantly work again, just by introducing basic blanks for Luke, Laura, etc..  That makes a huge library of product that Daz already has compatible with their new product… To go back to the Barbie anaology, the Gen 3 to Gen 4 transition was like when GI Joe went from being a 12” action figure to a 4”.  The brand name was the same, but there was almost nothing made for the one that could be used on any of the other.  With the Gen 4 to Gen 5 transition, on the other hand, it’s as if someone had made a shrinking ray so that all those 12” Joe accessories that Daz R Us has in the back room suddenly fit the new 4” Joes.  It’s basically found money for a very small investment.

And really, what I want, and what I think what most of us want when we say we want the mil kids blanks for Genesis isn’t those characters, it’s being able to use their clothes, shoes, hair and textures without having to use genX, a clothing convertor and a texture convertor first. Especially since a lot of the old Gen 3 and earlier clothing are the “boring, regular day to day” items that that trampy V4 never seemed to have in her closet.

Well said!  grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 27 May 2012 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2006-09-09

Here is a couple new renders, trying to make a Genesis teen.  Just using the Evolutionary morphs.

Image Attachments
Genesis_Teen.jpg
Genesis_Teen2.jpg
 Signature 

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We are on the same side now.
cool grin
Old post count: 2426
cool smile
Me on Facebook
My Freebies
My Gallery

Posted: 27 May 2012 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1007
Joined  2006-02-27

Thanks for all the posts and really nice renders

I have not been able to log on till just now

Posted: 28 May 2012 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14
Cybersox13 - 27 May 2012 08:24 AM

Except… that I rather think you’re looking at it backwards.  This is hardly the same as introducing a Gen 4 version of a character, where the fundamental problem with the gen 3 to gen 4 transition was that the gen 4 figures were entirely new figures that weren’t compatible with anything prepared for gen 3.  So to make Luke and Laura 4 would not just have have required vendors to go back and recreate appropriate clothes, but because everything in Gen 4 was a riff on either V4 or M4, each new “figure” added ALSO meant a large number of additional morphs that each vendor had to support for each new unimesh product they produced.  So it was a catch 22 - the characters weren’t popular enough to justify a lot of new product and without all the things those characters needed… like proper teen clothes in the case of Laura, as it would look a bit weird for her to go to school in a V4 Hot Dress or a Hot School Uniform ... those characters were never going to get that popular.

Assuming that Laura & Luke would have been Base Shapes for V4 & M4. I don’t remember where, but I recall that some time after the release of the Kids 4 I read something briefly about the planned “Teens 4” to be Base Shapes for the Kids just as Aiko & Hiro and Girl & Freak were for Victoria & Michael respectively.

You kidding me? I LOVE my simple, everyday Gen 3 clothing! LOL

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 28 May 2012 05:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14
Flamewing - 27 May 2012 10:48 AM

Here is a couple new renders, trying to make a Genesis teen.  Just using the Evolutionary morphs.

Those aren’t bad, but yeah, the faces are WAY too mature looking. When I make teens I always add a blend of Stephanie and Aiko for girls and David and Hiro for boys.

Signature 

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

2 of 51