8 of 51
Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders
Posted: 23 August 2012 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4946
Joined  2009-02-26
Male-M3dia - 23 August 2012 07:37 AM

Was playing around with Ashley M5 and wondered if this would be something anyone would want added in an update… may add in another body shape as well.

Definitely, he’s awesome!, and nice scaleing too… Good teen morphs for M5/Genesis are near non existent atm… I’ve been eyeing off Ashely recently, a number of his morphs are enticing! If you’re considering making a body shape for it Wow, yes lol.

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 23 August 2012 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17

Was playing around with Ashley M5 and wondered if this would be something anyone would want added in an update… may add in another body shape as well.

Absolutely!  I didn’t buy Ashley as he seemed too effeminate for the male characters I need to work with, however, this works extraordinarily well for a teen male.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 23 August 2012 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3813
Joined  2012-02-06

@Male-M3dia: yes, that would be great! smile

@Kendall: Ashley has a lot of different looks. Some of them are more effeminate than others. Personally, that’s one of the things I like about him: so much versatility. His skin looks good on female characters too (and kids, I’d imagine, although I haven’t tried that yet), and the head morphs can also be used on females, at lower concentrations.

My avatar is a mix of things—mostly Aiden for M5, including his skin—but I dialed in some Ashley, too (don’t recall which specific morphs).

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 23 August 2012 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1747
Joined  2008-11-10
Kendall Sears - 23 August 2012 08:27 AM

Absolutely!  I didn’t buy Ashley as he seemed too effeminate for the male characters I need to work with, however, this works extraordinarily well for a teen male.

Kendall

Ashley’s strength is the fact that he isn’t a strong male character like other M5s (or the M4s which he originally came from). And also he could be used as a younger male or teen character (Brady and Danny are the youngest ones used in conjunction with “body 01 young”.. .which is scaled much shorter than M5… just change out youthful hair and clothes and you got a younger character for your renders). He also can serve as a base for younger characters by mixing other morphs in as well. I played with mixing a portion of his morphs in with child and you get a much better child character because he doesn’t have the strong facial features you get when mixing in other male characters.

Also the body shape in the render above is the “body 01 young”... took a bit to take out a lot of M5’s muscularity.

Posted: 23 August 2012 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

I think he’s fantasic for that ‘very’ reason smile It’s great because it’s so original and stands out… most characters for M5 focus on creating a very stong and muscular figure. In the real world, people vary, and it’s great to see that. He seems like a very mixable character to play with! smile

Signature 

Posted: 23 August 2012 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-10
marcusfinnigon - 23 August 2012 08:07 AM

Good teen morphs for M5/Genesis are near non existent atm…

Yeah, if the texture allows it, I usually throw a younger morph into the set for just that reason. Braxton and Ryuu have younger morphs included in their sets, and there may be some popping up in future products as well. Anya has a younger morph as well, but I’m not as good with the female ones so I need to practice more wink.

Posted: 23 August 2012 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

I love range, that’s awsome that you do that! I’ve noticed many characters for genesis are oftern a single morph (With exception of the head) :D

Signature 

Posted: 23 August 2012 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4815
Joined  2011-10-04
marcusfinnigon - 23 August 2012 09:26 AM

I think he’s fantasic for that ‘very’ reason smile It’s great because it’s so original and stands out… most characters for M5 focus on creating a very stong and muscular figure. In the real world, people vary, and it’s great to see that. He seems like a very mixable character to play with! smile

I actually ran into that problem just yesterday.

“Why the heck this dude has painted on six-pack on his normal skin, I need someone who is flabby!” (One of the M5 skins that came in a pro bundle.)

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 23 August 2012 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-10

Well, to be honest, when I get the texture from JSGraphics, I usually make a bunch of morphs and say “Which one?”

ForbiddenWhispers and JS can’t make up their mind, so a good chunk of them make it in! (I usually get cursed out for making so many though… icons and promos gotta be created for all that wink ).

Not all of them make it; there’s one poor morph that keeps getting booted… he got booted from Ashley International M4, then Santo, then Ashley M5! ohh

I think I finally found him a home though, he’ll take the young adult position in this addon I’m finishing up. wink

Posted: 23 August 2012 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Skiriki - 23 August 2012 09:54 AM
marcusfinnigon - 23 August 2012 09:26 AM

I actually ran into that problem just yesterday.

“Why the heck this dude has painted on six-pack on his normal skin, I need someone who is flabby!” (One of the M5 skins that came in a pro bundle.)

Which skin is it? Generally speaking, painted on six packs don’t seem necessary considering all the morphs available. Photoshopping can fix it if you got it smile

Signature 

Posted: 23 August 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Yeah, I know; I just couldn’t be bothered to go through that much effort. It is James for M5—you can see it the best if you load the skin on blank Genesis, and then dial up something like “Pot-bellied” or “Pear-shaped”. I ended up using a different skin that works better.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 23 August 2012 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1784
Joined  2010-02-14

Say, now that S5 is out, can someone who has the morph show us how well the girl figure blends with her?

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 23 August 2012 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Skiriki - 23 August 2012 10:44 AM

Yeah, I know; I just couldn’t be bothered to go through that much effort. It is James for M5—you can see it the best if you load the skin on blank Genesis, and then dial up something like “Pot-bellied” or “Pear-shaped”. I ended up using a different skin that works better.

God, yeah I see what you mean… I just opened the texture jpg… That is a plain photo of a six pack! Definitely unnecessary lol! Phillip M5 is probably better for what you want. smile

Signature 

Posted: 23 August 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
marcusfinnigon - 23 August 2012 11:02 AM

God, yeah I see what you mean… I just opened the texture jpg… That is a plain photo of a six pack! Definitely unnecessary lol! Phillip M5 is probably better for what you want. smile

I needed a shiny bald head. :( Philip’s head wasn’t shiny enough. :( James had better one. Then I went back to M4 and grabbed “Aged M4” and used that one instead.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 23 August 2012 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Shiny bald head, haha! I love it!

Signature