Digital Art Zone

1 of 51
Luke and Laura for Genesis, Genesis Teen Renders
Posted: 25 May 2012 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  989
Joined  2006-02-27

First I want to say Hey to all and welcome back to the Daz Forums Using my Sports Announcer Voice.

(Great Sports Announcer Voice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_md_8yg9faE)

I am curious to see how many people would like to see a Luke and Laura morph set for Genesis. For those who do not know Luke and Laura were or rather still are the Millennium Kids Young Teens. They were some really great products but did not get a lot of third party support.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/millennium-kids-young-teens

I have tried to get some nice Young Teens using the Genesis Morphs I have. But have not been satisfied with the the results. Mixing any of the Adult characters with the Mil Kid has not given me the results I am looking for. I would like some non toon characters

I would also like for this to be the first Render Thread of the new Forums but unfortunately the Re-size Image Function is not working. So if have some smaller images or links to some genesis renders that might fit the theme of Young Teen or Late teens please do post them if you please. I will also post some of mine as soon as they are ready to go on either Deviant Art or Renderosity.

Posted: 25 May 2012 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1584
Joined  2010-02-14

TZORG actually has a Laura and Madison that she customized herself. But unfortunately, she knows that she can’t properly configure them or sell them for business ownership reasons…

But yeah, either way, as much as I too would love to see it, I wouldn’t hold my breath for it. DAZ made it clear that the lack of sufficient sales is what made them rethink making the Teens 4. Instead, all we get for Genesis is an intermediary shift between base character and the Basic Child Shape.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 25 May 2012 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1454
Joined  2006-07-04

I, for one, hope that they will reconsider at least enough to add the Luke, Laura, Matt and Maddie clone shapes to Autofit.  There’s a lot of really good kids clothes out there for them that I’d love to use on Genesis.

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 25 May 2012 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

You know I thought a New version of David was a lost cause. Now we have the a Nice David Shape and the add on for Autofit plus the rest of the Gen3 Lineup.

Posted: 25 May 2012 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2266
Joined  2005-09-05

I would also like to see a new teen figure shape based on Luke and Laura. What I want most of all is the autofit for that shape so I can transfer some of the clothing.

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 25 May 2012 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8972
Joined  2007-11-06

I’d like to see this as well.  Unlike a whole new figure (as in Gen 3) or even a set of morphs for M4/V4, getting them as Genesis shapes with autofit clones means instant support for the shapes, as well as other Genesis shapes being able to use their clothes.  I think the reception that the Gen 3 shapes for Genesis have received indicates how well these would be received.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 25 May 2012 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  549
Joined  2011-04-12
RCDeschene - 25 May 2012 03:08 PM

Instead, all we get for Genesis is an intermediary shift between base character and the Basic Child Shape.

I’ve found that AdamR’s free proportion morphs (here), in combination with a mix of quite a few others (mostly, but not entirely, from the Evolution morphs) work much better for teens than the Child shape.  Here’s something I threw together a while back.

Image Attachments
12-18.jpg
 Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 25 May 2012 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2003-10-09

I am currently working on a “Basic Youth” set for Genesis which will include both a teen girl and teen boy shape.  These have been in development for a while now and so should be surfacing in about another month, just finalizing some of the extra included morphs and the new texture sets, of which there will be one each for the boy and for the girl.

The boy will look much more boyish than in the preview below—he just has a V4 texture in this image, because his isn’t finished yet,  but this shows the basic shapes.  These have all new joint parameters and any Genesis clothing will fit them perfectly.

Soon. wink

Image Attachments
BY-Girl.jpg
BY-Boy.jpg
 Signature 

homepage: iChloë

Posted: 25 May 2012 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

Murgatroyd Those do look very nice thanks for the link and Thorne that looks like it is going to be a fantastic set.

Posted: 25 May 2012 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2826
Joined  2007-12-25

I think MallenLane might be the one to petition about MilTeen and MilKids autofit clones and/or Genesis shapes. Even though he no longer works for DAZ, he seems to still have a relationship with them such that they would let him make and sell the clones. (And I think he made the original characters as well.)

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 25 May 2012 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1244
Joined  2004-08-24

I’d love to see Luke & Laura shapes for Genesis, and the teens you’re working on look great, Thorne!

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here :)
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 25 May 2012 07:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4588
Joined  2004-08-11

TZORG is a guy! 

Love to see all the kids and teens from Gen 3 and 4 made, that way we can bring over the clothing too!  I have Adzan’s Butterbumble for the Gen 3 kids and would love to use them on Genesis!  Cute set!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 25 May 2012 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1454
Joined  2006-07-04

Those teens look great, Thorne.

Too bad they’re not due out for a month, as I could use them about now.  (I’m trying the June Camp NaNoWriMo, and about 1/3 of my core cast is under 16)  Of course, I can always rework the artwork, so long as I keep the basic coloring. wink

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 25 May 2012 11:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2120
Joined  2005-04-15

Toss my vote in for L&L as well, plus some of the other figs not yet supported.  I, for one, have a LOT of stuff that was made for V1/V2 and M1/M2, and it would be nice to get direct support for mil-kids preteens.She Freak, Vitorio and the gen 3 mil baby.. 

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 26 May 2012 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1584
Joined  2010-02-14
JohnDelaquiox - 25 May 2012 03:22 PM

You know I thought a New version of David was a lost cause. Now we have the a Nice David Shape and the add on for Autofit plus the rest of the Gen3 Lineup.

Well, the difference with David was that he was a popular character as, just like Stephanie to Victoria, he was a proportional alternative to Michael. However, like I said in the Stephanie 4 Genesis Shape thread, MallenLane explained to me in a PM one time when I ask about why there was no David 4, that he felt like there was no longer a need for David with all the morphs that Michael 4 had. Of course, I can’t stress how much a beg to differ, but that’s the unfortunate reality of the matter. I can only hope there is enough need in Genesis for a S5 as it would open the possibility for a D5.

RAMWolff - 25 May 2012 07:17 PM

TZORG is a guy!

Damn! Old Forum deceptive avatars are deceptive! Ahh, Forum psychology at its finest… LOL

Cybersox13 - 25 May 2012 11:27 PM

Toss my vote in for L&L as well, plus some of the other figs not yet supported.  I, for one, have a LOT of stuff that was made for V1/V2 and M1/M2, and it would be nice to get direct support for mil-kids preteens.She Freak, Vitorio and the gen 3 mil baby..

Those are other figures I wouldn’t wait around see either. Anything prior to Gen 3 and all the side Gen 3 characters (basically any thing that’s not the main couples like Victoria & Michael, Stephanie & David, Aiko & Hiro, and Girl & Freak) is completely kicked to the crub . Though She-Freak is a DAZ Original and is a female counterpart to the Freak, DAZ also references her in the Victoria 5 description as something that we can customize for ourselves, indicating that any further official support for her is unnecessary.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 26 May 2012 02:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2266
Joined  2005-09-05
Thorne - 25 May 2012 06:50 PM

I am currently working on a “Basic Youth” set for Genesis which will include both a teen girl and teen boy shape.  These have been in development for a while now and so should be surfacing in about another month, just finalizing some of the extra included morphs and the new texture sets, of which there will be one each for the boy and for the girl.

The boy will look much more boyish than in the preview below—he just has a V4 texture in this image, because his isn’t finished yet,  but this shows the basic shapes.  These have all new joint parameters and any Genesis clothing will fit them perfectly.

Soon. wink

Looks terrific Thorne…: )

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

1 of 51