OT: Why Deviant Art irritates me.
Posted: 09 August 2012 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2007-11-30
Dire Bunny - 09 August 2012 06:47 PM
zilvergrafix - 09 August 2012 05:57 PM

I would like to know all the deviantart links of the grandmasters here.
I know Snowsultan, lovely scenes fighting babes and mitologicals.!

If we are talking Grandmasters i would check out isikol ‘s deviant art page.  I seen his stuff here and there and i thought what little i had seen was awesome, but damn i looked at his deviant art page and the stuff there blew me away. If I live to be 100 and practice every day i could still never reach that point.

I would link it but I’m not sure people would like their gallery’s linked by some random nobody lol but i think you can just search by name there.

Funny that you mention him, but I also has isikol on favorites. Btw, he’s a pro when it comes to such stuff, says so on his page. If you need to hire him, you can visit his personal webpage.

Posted: 09 August 2012 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2008-04-12

Has anybody else lost the ability to comment on images and see details of members images. I get the thumbnails, then when I click on the I get a full size picture but nothing else on the page. I am a paid up member. If this is a new change to the site I am not impressed.

Posted: 09 August 2012 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  375
Joined  2004-08-13
lordvicore - 08 August 2012 09:10 AM

Yeah, guess I knew that… I just said that stupidly…
I don’t use Facebook or other SN sites, but I have used my wife’s to send messages to people… I get how those work…
It just seems DA… is very “unique”... When I first heard about it I though it was a place for Artists to show off their work… and possibly even to sell their work… But it seems to be more of a very unfocused amalgamation of a bunch of stuff… and mainly it is confusing. I’ve tried to use it a few times, but it seems like whenever I click on something it doesn’t do what it looks like it should do…. like for example, I went to edit my one journal entry today and in the corner of the text window there is a little icon showing a pencil and paper… looks a lot like an “edit post/text” icon… but,when you hover over it, it says “edit this widget”.... WHAT?... it does allow you to edit the post, but either they have mislabeled it or they are choosing to call a post or entry a “widget”. Its lots of stuff like that that I don’t get. It’s not like you can ask “how do you do this” questions there either… not without having fifty snarky annoying 13 year old kids reply to god knows what.

I don’t mind DA. But the users are another issue. It’s like one very, very large high school, that is seriously understaffed. A bit too young for my tastes.

Posted: 10 August 2012 12:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  823
Joined  2003-10-09

Jcowb, try clearing your cache or just try again later. That’s happened to me a few times (even viewing my own art), but it always fixes itself. It’s not a new feature, haha.

Thanks Zilver, I’m very flattered to be included among your list of masters.  smile

Signature 

“It answers all the questions, finally, but not really, but kind of”
- Bob Denver

my deviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com

Smacky icon by Xamag

Posted: 10 August 2012 01:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  399
Joined  2007-06-19
SnowSultan - 10 August 2012 12:17 AM

Thanks Zilver, I’m very flattered to be included among your list of masters.  smile

It is a damn fine gallery you have there. I am kinda ashamed i never noticed it before today.

Signature 

DeviantArt
there ain’t nothin’ to do ‘cept take naps and wait patiently for death!

Autonomous and Illuminated Unity of Territories

the Unimportance of being Bunny

Posted: 10 August 2012 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  375
Joined  2003-11-24
jcowb1 - 09 August 2012 10:59 PM

Has anybody else lost the ability to comment on images and see details of members images. I get the thumbnails, then when I click on the I get a full size picture but nothing else on the page. I am a paid up member. If this is a new change to the site I am not impressed.

I’ve had that happen a few times, it’s like the page decides to stop loading midway through; I just figured it was my crappy cable internet..  I use Firefox with adblocker on a Mac (didn’t know DA had ads on it until a couple of months ago when I was on a friends PC, lol)..

Posted: 10 August 2012 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2003-10-09

I kind of /like/ the way dA is set up. Other than Renderosity it’s about the only place I post these days. I like being able to group my gallery pictures arbitrarily according to theme, etc. Sure, it has some odd UI issues, but what site doesn’t? smile

Posted: 10 August 2012 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2008-04-12
MADMANMIKE - 10 August 2012 07:16 AM
jcowb1 - 09 August 2012 10:59 PM

I’ve had that happen a few times, it’s like the page decides to stop loading midway through; I just figured it was my crappy cable internet..  I use Firefox with adblocker on a Mac (didn’t know DA had ads on it until a couple of months ago when I was on a friends PC, lol)..

Thanks for responses to my query.
It turns out that an extension “Do not Track” was the cause of the problem. Once removed from my browser “Chrome” ,all worked well. I was having the same problem in Firefox and Explorer which is interesting because Firefox did not have the extension but only functioned properly when the extension was disabled in the other two browsers.
Anyway, thanks again for the help.

4 of 4