2 of 4
Who is
Posted: 26 May 2012 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07

@lordvicore : 22 out of 10 for that one. Even topped Wendy’s! LOL

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 27 May 2012 05:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1492
Joined  2010-02-14
lordvicore - 26 May 2012 01:59 PM

Okay, you are instantly now on my list of favorite people in the DAZ community!

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 27 May 2012 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2008-09-26

I was logged into the DAZ site and at top it asked if I was xx!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not xxx… Nor do I want some random person getting access to my info.

I will never buy anything from this site again if this is NOT corrected. My info BETTER NOT Be in someone ELSE’s login.

Posted: 27 May 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15599
Joined  2003-10-09

I am merging your post with another thread about this issue.

THere is no security risk, as has been said several times already, as soon as yyou try to do anything you will be promted to login with your own details.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 27 May 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2008-09-26
chohole - 27 May 2012 10:39 AM

I am merging your post with another thread about this issue.

THere is no security risk, as has been said several times already, as soon as yyou try to do anything you will be promted to login with your own details.

Still NOT very encouraging to login and see someone else listed..

First of all I will NEVER buy from this site until this issue is fixed. I was going to use my monthly voucher and this occurred.

It is BAD practice to use a site that CAN’T even properly log into the correct users account. I DON’T care how many times you reassure me as you did above. What else is happening behind the scenes? Can I even TRUST this site again?

Posted: 27 May 2012 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15599
Joined  2003-10-09

You are not , I repeat   not logging in to anyone elses account, It is because you are not logged in that this happens. As soon as you try to do anything except possibly browse the forums you will find that you need to log in.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 27 May 2012 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

I thought you’d get a default guest-account when you’re not logged in.

Posted: 28 May 2012 03:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14

Basically what Spinach Chin is expressing is what the main point of my concern is. As minor as the error may be, it’s still an error that is quite alarming for some to see. It’s a move that is highly unprofessional on DAZ’s part, especially where they assured us that they’ve thoroughly tested all of this out before back when this site was still in development.

Despite all of my exaggeration in this discussion, I am not as personally upset by this as others clearly are like Spinach Chin here. He is absolutely correct that mistakes and flukes like this can be very disruptive of one’s trust in the company’s and businesses they invest in. The Playstation Network Hacking definitely scarred my opinion of Sony’s online game marketing and it’s just a shame to even envision such a similar situation with the producer/consumer relationship with DAZ.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 28 May 2012 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  628
Joined  2008-07-16

Plumber Bill, a private contractor has just repaired the lawn sprinkler system at the local Air Force base and is running a test via a low priority maintenance operations computer…

Bill (typing): Run week day watering schedule.

Computer: Launch sequence access granted.

Bill (nervous): A little help here….. please!

Airman Davis (getting up from desk): What’s wrong?

Bill: Look!

Airman Davis (looking at screen): Oh… yeah, thats nothing… just leave an extra space between Run.  (walks away)

Bill (unsure): Um… okay… thanks…

Davis (sitting back down at desk): Thats what I’m here for.

Bill (typing): Run weekday watering schedule.

Computer: Launch sequence entered. ICBM Target destination Serveromorsk Submarine base; Northern fleet- Russia.

Bill (not typing): AAAAAACK!

Davis (casually): Problem?

Bill (Shaking and bug eyed): I think I just launched a missile !!!

Davis( comes over and looks at screen again): No…. no there was no launch yet…

Bill: YET?!??

Davis: I mean “there was no launch”... just leave three spaces after Run… thats probably it…

Bill: YOU DO IT!!

(phone rings)

Davis: Don’t worry, you do it- I have to take this….

Bill (Shaking and with deep bowel distress begins typing): Run   week day watering schedule.

Computer: Missile bay Y137 Active- All systems GO- AMAC-TANGO-100101010001> Launch initiated… would you like to choose additional targets? 
Based on your previous choice LaunchNet would like to suggest Mogilev Oblast EWH- Belorussia SSR or Lakhta Air Base- Russia.
Click yes to see more exciting choices.

Bill(Very loudly) AAAAAAAH!

Davis (slightly annoyed and on phone): Ahgh…Click NO!

Bill (possibly peeing in pants): THERE IS NO- NO!

Davis (covering phone): NO! Just No!

Bill (tears in eyes, pee in shoes): THERE IS ONLY YES!

Davis (covering phone): No- no?

Bill: YES!!

Davis (very annoyed and still holding phone): Yes or NO?

Bill (Pee soaked and frantic): YES! NO-NO!!

Davis: Did you type four spaces?

Bill:NO!!!!!!

Davis: (talking to person on phone) tell the guard Davis with a D… did you give soy sauce…  Wait a moment… (holds phone again and says to Bill).... Then click Yes…

Bill (falling to floor) Thump-splish!

Davis: Damn… Gotta go (hangs up).... (Goes over to computer muttering to self… steps over damp Bill)... Oh, yeah… three spaces….. “Yes”...
“Exit”...  (Glances out window at sprinklers working diligently)... megh, what’s the big deal… its just a stupid bug… they’re gonna fix it soon…
(pokes unresponsive Bill with toe)... is that PEE?  (walks back to desk)... Man, I aint cleanin’ that up… drama queen. (phone rings as Davis sits down at desk)... Maintenance,Davis speaki…. Oh, hey Mavis what’s up? Did they give soy sauce?... Damn…

-camera pans around to left to a man standing by main door. He is wearing a simple black suit with a white shirt and black tie, he is standing holding a cigarette in his right hand-

Narrator: Submit for your approval Bill Watkins…. simple plumber and now pee soaked victim a of a fear so deep it could easily poke any one of us in the eyes at any time… a fear of the unknown… a fear that what they see before them on a simple computer screen, although just an ordinary bug might actually be real… yet to others this simple bug, this ethereal ghost in the machine is no more than a common annoyance that is to be expected as the cost of living in a fantastic future… a future only to be found in The Twilight Zone.

Key Spooky music and late 50s kids cigarette commercial.

Signature 

VISIT MY ShareCG FREEBIE GALLERY

Posted: 28 May 2012 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04
lordvicore - 28 May 2012 02:24 PM

Plumber Bill, a private contractor has just repaired the lawn sprinkler system at the local Air Force base and is running a test via a low priority maintenance operations computer…

That was pretty good, definitely got a good chuckle

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14
lordvicore - 28 May 2012 02:24 PM

You know, I JUST envisioned that played out as a DAZ animation with a Michael character as Davis and Hiro as Bill. XD

Signature 

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7774
Joined  2004-07-21

Poor guy got his pants wet.  That must be embarrassing.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Posted: 29 May 2012 03:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2354
Joined  2007-12-07

I understand the issue, and that it is not a security issue as such but ... this is Commerical, Off The Shelf software, yes?

I have just logged in via the main page (I have learnt this the hard way).  Why does it bother asking me if I am who I am if I am going to have to login any way, seems a trifle redundant.  Anyway, I logged in, as me.  Hover mouse over Store, then New Releases and right-click Open Link in New Tab (in Firefox).  Shift mouse across and select Community> Forums.

I now have two tabs in Firefox open, both with me logged in.  One showing the latest 15 new releases, the other the forum index page.

In the past I noticed that the latest new releases were not showing up (from reading newsletter and from forum posts waxing lyrical over a product).  After a little head-scratching I found that if I ‘forced’ a reload of the page the new stuff would then show up (not even going to wonder why!).  So, this time, as I often now do I opted to have 30 items per page shown.  And lo, I now get asked if I am someone else.  I have gone from being logged in to not.  And I am still logged in enough to post, as me, in these forums - as witness this post?  I thought the store and forums were linked?

And on checking it seems to act like a toggle, if I chnage back to 15 items per page (or to 60) I go back to really, really being me, and on next change I go back to being only maybe really me! wink

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 29 May 2012 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  628
Joined  2008-07-16
SimonJM - 29 May 2012 03:16 AM

Why does it bother asking me if I am who I am if I am going to have to login any way?

It (or rather, DAZ)  wants you to be sure you are yourself, or pehaps are you really “who you want to be”...
From the moment we first start to develop our personalities at a very young age, we are constantly bombarded by the personalities and egos of other people, forcing upon us their own vision of what is right and wrong, what is fun and what is popular… we struggle through most of our lives trying to maintain a sense of self and individuality while still trying to fit into society as a whole.
By asking “Not xxx?” you are forced to ask yourself “Am I who I really think I am?”....“who have I become?”.. are you someone else? Are you happy with the person you have become? By allowing you to THEN log in as YOURSELF- DAZ has shown you there is still time to change the path you are on OR to except what and who you are…

The road to true enlightenment begins with this one simple question… “Not xxx?”

I love this thread… it is making this whole steaming cow patty of a site change… fun.

Signature 

VISIT MY ShareCG FREEBIE GALLERY

Posted: 29 May 2012 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2354
Joined  2007-12-07

Was there not a film, “Being xxxovich”? wink

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html