Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
How do I get the discount on another DM product with DM’s Kapelle?
Posted: 03 August 2012 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1636
Joined  2006-09-09
vwrangler - 03 August 2012 06:42 PM

Just wondering: did anyone else buy Mixed Fantasy from the DM products? And if so, did the installer actually install anything in the Scenes directory? The readme says that there should be a PZ3 file in Scenes\DM Production Pz3’s\MixedFantasy which is the easiest way to load the whole thing, but that file wasn’t included in mine, although everything else seems to have installed fine (I think). Not a huge deal, just easier if it’s there.

I have Mixed Fantasy, but I bought it from Rendo so the folder setup may be different. But mine goes:

Runtime/Geometries
Runtime/Libraries
Runtime/DM Production Pz3’s

Try installing yours to a dummy folder and see where the scenes end up.

Posted: 03 August 2012 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2009-04-14

Just wondering: did anyone else buy Mixed Fantasy from the DM products? And if so, did the installer actually install anything in the Scenes directory? The readme says that there should be a PZ3 file in Scenes\DM Production Pz3’s\MixedFantasy which is the easiest way to load the whole thing, but that file wasn’t included in mine, although everything else seems to have installed fine (I think). Not a huge deal, just easier if it’s there.

I’ve been reinstalling a lot of my content (including a lot of DM stuff), and so far, NOTHING has been installed in the Poser Formats—> My Library—> Scene directory. All of the PZ3 scene files for the DM stuff I have installed seem to have gone under the Poser Format—> My Library—> Props directory. (and they do setup complete scenes), or under the DAZ Studio—> My Library directory (where they exist in a folder, but Studio won’t read them), Hope that helps.

Posted: 03 August 2012 09:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2638
Joined  2003-12-06
Sarsifus - 03 August 2012 08:15 PM

or under the DAZ Studio—> My Library directory (where they exist in a folder, but Studio won’t read them), Hope that helps.

D|S can’t read them because they’re in a D|S content location but the files are in Poser format. Move that whole folder into the folder containing the other scene files, that should work.

(fingers crossed)

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 03 August 2012 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2009-04-14
SpottedKitty - 03 August 2012 09:37 PM

or under the DAZ Studio—> My Library directory (where they exist in a folder, but Studio won’t read them), Hope that helps.

D|S can’t read them because they’re in a D|S content location but the files are in Poser format. Move that whole folder into the folder containing the other scene files, that should work.

(fingers crossed)

Figures. I should have realized that. Thanks…

Posted: 03 August 2012 10:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1308
Joined  2009-01-09

I’ve been reinstalling a lot of my content (including a lot of DM stuff), and so far, NOTHING has been installed in the Poser Formats—My Library -; Scene directory. All of the PZ3 scene files for the DM stuff I have installed seem to have gone under the Poser Format - My Library - Props directory. (and they do setup complete scenes), or under the DAZ Studio—My Library directory (where they exist in a folder, but Studio won’t read them), Hope that helps.

And that was in fact the issue. All but one of the four items I’d purchased put its Poser scene files into that top-level Scenes directory, but the only things in that directory are supposed to be .DAZ files and their associated image files. (Also turned out that they weren’t the only misplaced files; there were some other things that I hadn’t even known had scene files in that directory. Will make several items rather more functional.)

Thanks for the assistance!

Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 04 August 2012 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15133
Joined  2003-10-09

The Scenes library is new in Poser 9, and newly supported in DS4. These products are older than that, when there wasn’t a way to access PZ3s through the library, so the location wasn’t dictated - I think DAZ put them outside the Runtime to make them easier to find and relocate.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 04 August 2012 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  72
Joined  2003-10-09
Lindsey - 02 August 2012 04:10 PM

Clarification needs to be stated in the DM Weekend Sale link in the Sales and Promotions category also.

It should have been stated the first day of the sale. I don’t really want to submit a ticket and wait for a store credit or refund. Having to double purchase an item (I purchased it the first day) shouldn’t be need to fix a problem. I love DM’s work but that mistake by Daz cost DM and Daz an item sale.

Posted: 04 August 2012 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2005-04-06

I lost out on this one too, and when the store opens it will be too late for the “weekend” deal!  So much for simple browsing and buying…  mad

Signature 

Former Post count 2152.  Somehow adding this makes it hurt a bit less. 

Posted: 05 August 2012 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2010-12-07

I too would have wanted to use the 50% off on more DM items :(

Posted: 05 August 2012 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-12-06

And I just realised the Kapelle set, excellent though it is, only loads in D|S4. I know it says in the “What’s Included” tab (that you don’t see unless you click on it) that it’s optimised for D|S4, and all the D|S files are formats that don’t exist in D|S3.

“Optimised for” shouldn’t mean “only works in” — and we should always have a clear declaration of the usable versions when there are D|S files.

I know DAZ wants to move everything to its shiny new D|S formats (when 4.5 is finally in final release, and not before, please) but I also know I’m not the only one who still prefers to use D|S3 at the moment. Is there actually anything in this set that wouldn’t work in D|S3?

And I see the D|S files are scattered again — the scenes are in a Presets folder, the actual parts in a Props/Architecture/DM folder. Does DAZ realise how annoying that is? A couple of recent items with included scene files, it took me a while to find the things because they were in a weird folder that had never been used before.

On the gripping hand, I just did a quick render of one of the preset scenes and it looks gorgeous.  cool smile

Signature 

Posted: 05 August 2012 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

If theer are materials in .dsa format you could always load the Poser props and apply the materials, or if you have DS4 but prefer DS3 you could save your own materials (and lights and pose) presets in .dsa format from File>Save as>Deprecated.

Signature 

Posted: 05 August 2012 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-12-06

A great idea, and I’d forgotten all about doing that, but I’m still on 4.0.3.47 and it doesn’t have File>Save As>Deprecated — that’s a 4.5 feature, isn’t it?

Signature 

Posted: 05 August 2012 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

No, though exactly where the deprecated formats are in the Save as menu has changed several times and since I do have 4.5, I can’t check the location in 4.0.anything.

Signature 

Posted: 06 August 2012 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3016
Joined  2004-04-25

You can also load the Poser materials in DS3 and tweak them.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 06 August 2012 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-12-06

I’m not very good at tweaking. I’m especially not very good at tweaking to match the quality of typical DM goodies’ materials parameters, and for a set this good I don’t dare do it badly. Fortunately I don’t have to, saving a .dsa from D|S4 for each prop, then loading the Poser files in D|S3 and adding the .dsa works. It’ll just take a while to get everything converted, and I’m not sure if the same trick will work with the D|S lights. Have to experiment some more.

Signature 

2 of 2