Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
How do I get the discount on another DM product with DM’s Kapelle?
Posted: 02 August 2012 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2011-02-08

Hi there,

I figured I’d post here as well as contacting support, to see if I’d missed something. I picked up Kapelle on its own—I figured it was the same as just about every other “Buy X, get a discount on Y” offer where I’d get a discount code—but no such code has transpired. I wanted to pick up DM’s Legends as well, but obviously I’d rather have it at the offered discount.

Has anyone taken up this offer so far and might be able to point me in the right direction?

Posted: 02 August 2012 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1060
Joined  2010-11-30

When you have Kapelle and another DM item in your cart when you go to checkout it discounts the other DM item.

Posted: 02 August 2012 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2303
Joined  2010-12-18

wow it works on all the DM items in your cart. I really didnt want the Kapelle..not my style but when I saw how much I was saving when I added some other items I wanted it really outweighed not wanting the Kapelle.

I got 3 sets I really wanted and used the monthly coupon to help out a bit more. Can’t wait to get home and download.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 02 August 2012 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2006-08-21

I didn’t see the small writing at the bottom of the newsletter that said “All items must be included in shopping cart at checkout.” I thought it worked like it always did…buy the item, then get a discount coupon in your account. I didn’t really want/like Kapelle that much, but I did want another DM set for half price. So….is there any way to fix this or did I screw myself? angry

Posted: 02 August 2012 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2755
Joined  2003-12-06

I didn’t look all the way down to the bottom of the newsletter, and it doesn’t say anything about “all in the cart at once” on the store page. A good thing I usually don’t buy up my cartful of goodies until Friday, I was wondering about this question myself.

Now if only I can get my Order History to cough up which DM goodies I’ve already bought…  <headdesk>

Edit: Nearly forgot, can anyone confirm if the store page link does actually give us every item the offer is valid for? After the last couple of months, it’s a case of “don’t trust, not sure how to verify”.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 02 August 2012 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  559
Joined  2009-04-14
StevenTylerRox - 02 August 2012 02:15 PM

I didn’t see the small writing at the bottom of the newsletter that said “All items must be included in shopping cart at checkout.” I thought it worked like it always did…buy the item, then get a discount coupon in your account. I didn’t really want/like Kapelle that much, but I did want another DM set for half price. So….is there any way to fix this or did I screw myself? angry

You and me both.

Posted: 02 August 2012 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3149
Joined  2004-04-25

You can repurchase the item and then submit a ticket asking for a refund of the first one you purchased.

If you are in the US, you can using the toll free number and ask for a refund.

I have the feeling that many users who either haven’t received the newsletter or haven’t read it will be having the same trouble.  This is going to cause sales and Zen desk no end of headaches this weekend. 

Especially given the number of newsletter subscribers who don’t get the newsletter until very late in the sale.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 02 August 2012 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  559
Joined  2009-04-14
icprncss - 02 August 2012 04:02 PM

You can repurchase the item and then submit a ticket asking for a refund of the first one you purchased.

Exactly what I just did. Just a suggestion: don’t just count on people seeing that crucial piece of info down at the bottom of the newsletter (obviously, some of us aren’t that attentive, myself included)—put that information on the “Kapelle” product page as well, just so more people don’t make this exact same mistake.

Posted: 02 August 2012 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  965
Joined  2003-10-09

Clarification needs to be stated in the DM Weekend Sale link in the Sales and Promotions category also.

Posted: 02 August 2012 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1950
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,
Whoo…  Got Kapelle, Zahir’s Palace, Instances, and the Kay Bundle (OMG, I love those ankle BOOTS!) plus the Sandy Hair, for $27.29 (after about $4 of store credit applied, and the PC membership coupon), i.e. less than the PC discounted price of the Kay Bundle alone. smile!

I was lusting after the Kay boots mainly, but with the discount, splurged on the whole bundle.  Very nice deal…

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 02 August 2012 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1683
Joined  2006-09-09

just checking: the discount works on more than 1 DM item if you add it them all to your cart along with the Kapelle one?

Posted: 02 August 2012 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1504
Joined  2006-07-04
jakiblue - 02 August 2012 07:16 PM

just checking: the discount works on more than 1 DM item if you add it them all to your cart along with the Kapelle one?

Yep.  I’ve got $60 worth of stuff waiting for the paycheck to clear this weekend.  The cart says it will cost me $30

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 02 August 2012 08:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  154
Joined  2004-05-21
Sarsifus - 02 August 2012 03:48 PM
StevenTylerRox - 02 August 2012 02:15 PM

You and me both.

Same here. LOL confused

Sure I could start jumping through all the hoops by repurchasing the product, then submitting a ticket to sales, then waiting however many days/weeks it will take them to get to my ticket - after wading through however many hundred tickets submitted by other people who have been caught out by the same vaguaries - and issue my refund. But all this hoop-jumping is wearing me out so I’ll just give this a pass and put it down to experience.

Posted: 02 August 2012 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  286
Joined  2009-08-11

Thx for posting this stuff.  It will save a lot of us quite a few headaches.  shut eye 

Signature 

“quack?”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . cOLor wHeeL faCts .

Posted: 03 August 2012 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  396
Joined  2005-11-10

I have a different problem about the only thing on that list I don’t already own is Kapelle so I can’t save my self any money   long face

Signature 

Community Volunteer:
My DAZ Store 

NeilV Poser Stuff & Chohole’s Space

Old Post Count = 6362

Posted: 03 August 2012 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1351
Joined  2009-01-09

Just wondering: did anyone else buy Mixed Fantasy from the DM products? And if so, did the installer actually install anything in the Scenes directory? The readme says that there should be a PZ3 file in Scenes\DM Production Pz3’s\MixedFantasy which is the easiest way to load the whole thing, but that file wasn’t included in mine, although everything else seems to have installed fine (I think). Not a huge deal, just easier if it’s there.

Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

1 of 2