Digital Art Zone

2 of 15
5 New Bryce 7.1 Pro video tutorials for Brycers who want to expand their skills.
Posted: 17 August 2012 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2536
Joined  2004-07-06

This one is for the hardcore Brycers only.  It is pretty advanced.  Bryce grass terrains - a 25 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

Image Attachments
grass_wip2.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 18 August 2012 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Wendy, something along these lines?

Bryce light gel underwater effect - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

Image Attachments
using_a_light_gel.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 18 August 2012 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1665
Joined  2010-10-10

Yes, thanks David.  Will go and watch that and see if I cando anything half as good.grin

Signature 

Wendy

My freestuff: http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Wilmap

Tutorial: http://www.sharecg.com/v/69943/view/3/PDF-Tutorial/How-to-install-zip-files

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 18 August 2012 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  792
Joined  2004-05-14

Thanks a lot for the tutorials, David.
They are all awesome and I hope to learn from them new things to make in Bryce.

Posted: 20 August 2012 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

You are welcome.  OK here’s another one.  Bit of an obscure topic - probably not ideal for beginners.  Bryce “Nuts and Bolts” - object cubic and spherical mapping - a 30 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

Image Attachments
Chevron_test_final_with_bump_set2_f.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 21 August 2012 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Bryce “Nuts and Bolts” - radial lights - a 30 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

For example, this scene is lit with some of those radial lights, if you want to know more about them - much more - possibly too much, commit 30 minutes of your time to watching the video.

Image Attachments
Escher_pattern3_f.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 22 August 2012 02:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2003-10-09

David,
Bryce “Nuts and Bolts” - radial lights was fantastic. I appreciate the added note balloons that answer minor questions before we have time to think of them. And no, it wasn’t too long. Jammed with useful info.
I found the ”  Bryce ‘Nuts and Bolts’ - object cubic and spherical mapping” to be both very interesting and educational. An obscure topic? Not at all. Where would we be without AV tuts such as these? I can’t imagine trying to get this info out of a printed manual.
Thanks again!

Posted: 22 August 2012 02:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  196
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks a lot for the tutorials.

Posted: 25 August 2012 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Thank you Moonglow,

You are welcome RorrKonn,

OK three more tutorials to have a go at - an hours worth of viewing “pleasure”...?

Intermediate: Bryce 10 minute material project - rainbow texture - a tutorial by David Brinnen

Intermediate: Bryce 10 minute material project - using the rainbow texture and scene converter - by David Brinnen

Advanced: Bryce “Nuts and Bolts” - TA optimised radial lights - a 40 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

The first image, the lighting was made using the spherically mapped rainbow as a gel for TA optimised radial lights.  More specifically, the render took 5 minutes to complete and it lit by two TA optimised light source with TA scattering correction and boost light used.  OK it may not look like much, but as a proof of concept this shows that it should be possible to create an effect somewhere between that of HDRI’s coloured light component and TA’s indirectness that renders very efficiently.

The second image, a Stanford dragon render…  TA scattering correction and boost light.  I converted Horo’s angular mapped Treppenhalle2.hdr with the Spherical Mapper and spherically mapped that into a light gel that is applied to two TA optimised cubic light sources that also exclude the Stanford dragon and overlap.  This projects gel light in which adding rather than multiplying, retains the colour.  The same HDRI is used as a backdrop to drive reflection.  Standard Bryce sun is also employed as a key light, and drives a bit of diffuse and also specular.  The material was made by me from a photograph taken by Horo.

Render time 20 minutes at 256 RPP with Max Ray Depth set to 4.

Third image, lit with a single TA optimised radial light source.  As shown in the third video, R = 255, G = 60, B = 25.  Material made by me from photographs supplied by Horo - the model a little Wings3D project.  Render time about five minutes.

If you really enjoy the tutorials please show your support by considering the Bryce Mentoring DVD

Image Attachments
TA_radial_light2.jpgTA_radial_light4.jpgTA_radial_light1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 25 August 2012 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Something a little less challenging.  Getting a Little Green Man from DAZ Studio to Bryce - a 10 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

Image Attachments
DS_test1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 25 August 2012 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15271
Joined  2003-10-09

And you got him there without any 404 errors

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 25 August 2012 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
chohole - 25 August 2012 09:48 AM

And you got him there without any 404 errors

Not one!  I can hardly believe it myself!

Signature 

Posted: 26 August 2012 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Some special effects via True Ambience optimised radial lights and Premium effect render mode TA + scatter correction + boost light.

Rainbow Vicky effect - a 10 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

Image Attachments
Rainbow_Vicky1.jpgFirey_Vicky1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 27 August 2012 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Another special effect tutorial… this one somewhat advanced, because it is so fiddly.  I chose altitude filtering, as opposed to taking the approach used in the lighthouse rays tutorial (which would have been simpler) but that’s been done, so here’s another way.

Streaming light or “God rays” effect - a 25 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

Image Attachments
Free_content_R4_1_streaming_rays.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 30 August 2012 03:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Doing things with advanced lighting.

Bryce 25 minute lighting project - upgrading advanced lighting - a tutorial by David Brinnen

Trying to work out why advanced lighting can be so difficult - *WARNING* skip this video if you have a low boredom threshold - it is a bit tedious.

Bryce “Nuts and Bolts” - TA RGB response - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

Image Attachments
Test_landscape5_withpost.jpgDragon_TA_test5.jpg
 Signature 

2 of 15