Digital Art Zone

1 of 15
5 New Bryce 7.1 Pro video tutorials for Brycers who want to expand their skills.
Posted: 02 August 2012 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2412
Joined  2004-07-06

Video tutorials for Bryce 7.1 Pro.  “New” as of the 27th July 2012

Bryce desert landscape - part 1 - a 15 minute tutorial in two parts by David Brinnen 
Bryce desert landscape - part 2 - a 15 minute tutorial in two parts by David Brinnen

Bryce still life project - “capsules” - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

Bryce lake in a landscape - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

Bryce shoreline - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

Bryce DTE > terrain skyscraper - part 1 - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen
Bryce DTE > terrain skyscraper - part 2 - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

What you see here is the result of hours of testing and experimentation.  The topics covered are advanced and diverse.

Five - because that is how many images I can attach in one go.  These images relate to each tutorial respectively.

Hope you enjoy the tutorials.

Image Attachments
B7_0_1_26__p1_s1_v1_dunes1_forum_sized.jpg
Finished_capsule_still_life_scene_forum_sized.jpg
landscape_lake_capture_forum_sized.jpg
Render_for_video_tut4_forum_sized.jpg
Skyscraper_promo_image1_forum_sized.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 02 August 2012 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  472
Joined  2005-01-18

Thank you David!
Is there a way we can download these new videos? I bookmarked them but I’m not always online and I’m afraid I’m not ready yet for intermediate tutorials. I bought your Abstract Wallpapers just now only for the videos! smile

Thanks anyway for creating those videos and for sharing them.

Keep up on doing the good work,
Love, Jeanne

Signature 

I am what I am, my own special creation

Posted: 02 August 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

You are welcome Jeanne,

As to the video’s… well, the Horo and I are working on sequel to Bryce Mentoring DVD - Videos, Scenes and Resources and will include these new video tutorials along with the exclusive stuff for the new DVD.  Other than that, you could use some screen capture software like Camtasia Studio - which is what I use to make the video’s in the first place - in case you wondered.  But otherwise, they will remain on youtube for the foreseeable future.

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 02 August 2012 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  488
Joined  2009-04-14
JeanneM - 02 August 2012 09:59 AM

Thank you David!
Is there a way we can download these new videos? I bookmarked them but I’m not always online and I’m afraid I’m not ready yet for intermediate tutorials. I bought your Abstract Wallpapers just now only for the videos! smile

Thanks anyway for creating those videos and for sharing them.

Keep up on doing the good work,
Love, Jeanne

If you use FireFox, go to “Add-Ons” and select “DownloadHelper”. This is a free plug-in (although they’ll gladly take donations) that will let you easily capture streaming video from sites like YouTube and save it to your hard-drive. The default formats are FLV or MP4, although I believe you can add filters or converters to save as AVI or other formats, as well. I personally like the MP4 format, so I haven’t played with that part of it. Great little plug-in, and I use it constantly—I’ve saved all of DAZ’s videos with it. The only bad thing I’ve experienced is that when saving at 720p or higher, you occasionally get artifacts in the video, but I’ve experienced that problem with several other streaming-vdeo-capture programs, so I think it’s a YouTube issue or an ISP issue (hell, it might even be my computer), but it’s not something restricted only to DownloadHelper.

Posted: 04 August 2012 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  341
Joined  2008-07-18

Thanks for these tuts.  Results look great, will check them out.

Posted: 05 August 2012 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-01-18
David Brinnen - 02 August 2012 10:17 AM

You are welcome Jeanne,

As to the video’s… well, the Horo and I are working on sequel to Bryce Mentoring DVD - Videos, Scenes and Resources and will include these new video tutorials along with the exclusive stuff for the new DVD.  Other than that, you could use some screen capture software like Camtasia Studio - which is what I use to make the video’s in the first place - in case you wondered.  But otherwise, they will remain on youtube for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for replying David. So you two are in the process of making a sequel to your mentoring bryce dvd? That’s good to hear, I’m still trying to save enough to get me the first one. raspberry ... but I will eventually. smile

Sarsifus - 02 August 2012 04:33 PM
JeanneM - 02 August 2012 09:59 AM

Thank you David!
Is there a way we can download these new videos? ................

If you use FireFox, go to “Add-Ons” and select “DownloadHelper”. This is a free plug-in (although they’ll gladly take donations) that will let you easily capture streaming video from sites like YouTube and save it to your hard-drive. The default formats are FLV or MP4, although I believe you can add filters or converters to save as AVI or other formats, as well. I personally like the MP4 format, so I haven’t played with that part of it. Great little plug-in, and I use it constantly—I’ve saved all of DAZ’s videos with it. The only bad thing I’ve experienced is that when saving at 720p or higher, you occasionally get artifacts in the video, but I’ve experienced that problem with several other streaming-vdeo-capture programs, so I think it’s a YouTube issue or an ISP issue (hell, it might even be my computer), but it’s not something restricted only to DownloadHelper.

Thank you Sarsifus!! I use IE but my husband uses Firefox and he is so nice to get me the tutorials. grin

Love, Jeanne

Signature 

Posted: 08 August 2012 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

More Bryce 7.1 Pro tutorials to get your teeth into…

Bryce Depth of Field effect - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen
Bryce Depth of Field effect - for less powerful computers - a video tutorial by David Brinnen
Bryce ‘Nuts and Bolts’ - using Pan V and Pan H - a video tutorial by David Brinnen
Bryce Abstract 360 HDRI Specular effect - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen
Bryce lighthouse “light beam” effect - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen
Bryce red hot metal effect - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen
Bryce burning coals effect - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

Image Attachments
B7_1_0_109_p32_s1_v1_dof_eg2.jpgp2.jpgB7_1_0_74_p28_s24_v1_trial1_f.jpgHot_poker_combined_image_f.jpgBurning_coals_effect1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2012 03:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  803
Joined  2007-01-08

W.O.O.O.W.W.W.W

Impressive, very impressive!!! O_o

Posted: 11 August 2012 06:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-01-18

Indeed very imressive!
The last week (and still) I’m having a lot of fun using and following the Abstract wallpapers tutorials. It’s an other and very pleasant way to play in Bryce. Thank you for creating that package. I bet you and Horo also had fun creating it. grin

Love, Jeanne

Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2012 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Thank you ReDave,

Thank you JeanneM.  Yes the abstracts were fun, but implementing the anaglyph lens system (Bryce 7 Pro True 3D Rendering) was more fun!  But that is still in QA…

Four more tutorials for your consideration.

These are a bit more “hard core” than the previous 10, so you might want to top up your Bryce knowledge with some of the gentler tutorials here first.

Bryce ‘Nuts and Bolts’ - using Pan V and Pan H - a video tutorial by David Brinnen
Bryce “Nuts and Bolts” - HDRI lighting project - red dragon in a white box - part 1 - a video tutorial by David Brinnen
Bryce “Nuts and Bolts” - HDRI lighting project - red dragon in a white box - part 2 - a video tutorial by David Brinnen
Bryce (TA) True Ambiance still life render of a red dragon - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen
Bryce 10 minute material project - leatherette - a tutorial by David Brinnen

Image Attachments
B7_0_1_26__p2_s5_v2_eg.jpgSetup_for_lighting_basics6.jpgCombined_image.jpgStartpoint1_2.jpgleather3.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2012 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-01-18
David Brinnen - 11 August 2012 06:57 AM

These are a bit more “hard core” than the previous 10, so you might want to top up your Bryce knowledge with some of the gentler tutorials here first.

Ooohh, thank you!! I had that link somewhere but I couldn’t find it anymore. Could it be on one of your readme files? Well, nevermind. I bookmarked it now AND saved the link in my Bryce folder so I won’t loose it again,
There’s a lot of stuff to learn on that site! And I’ll start with the camera because I couldn’t figure out how Horo had the camera inside the sphere! It probably is in the manual somewhere but it was easier to open the first wallpaper and continue from that one. I’m a bit (read very) lazy, I know. LOL

Keep up on doing the great work and most important: keep up on doing the things you like to do. smile

Love, Jeanne

Signature 

Posted: 16 August 2012 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Thank you Jeanne, well here is another 10 minute Bryce 7.1 Pro material project taking advantage of the new Anisotropic feature.

Bryce 10 minute material project - red pearlescent paint - a tutorial by David Brinnen

Here’s the render from the tutorial.

Image Attachments
Pearlescent_paint_effect_with_DOF.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 16 August 2012 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2003-10-09

David…. OUTSTANDING tutorial on the Anisotropic feature! Thanks!

Posted: 17 August 2012 05:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1492
Joined  2010-10-10

Brilliant Video Tutorials. Will have to work my way through them all in time.

Have you done a tutorial on using Light Gels yet? I haven’t found any yet, but would love to know how you use them.

Signature 

Wendy

My freestuff: http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Wilmap

Tutorial: http://www.sharecg.com/v/69943/view/3/PDF-Tutorial/How-to-install-zip-files

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 17 August 2012 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Thank you, Moonglow, Wendy.

I’ve added “using Light Gels” to the to do list.

But I am uploading another lighting video right now - although you tube seems to be making a meal of processing it…  I’ll post when it is done.  It covers the process of upgrading old scenes that use basic lighting (and optimization tricks) to new better lighting also with some consideration to optimization.

Signature 

Posted: 17 August 2012 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Here’s a twenty minute video about updating your old Bryce scenes to new Bryce 7.1 Pro lighting.

Bryce 20 minute lighting project - upgrading lighting - a tutorial by David Brinnen

Signature 

1 of 15