2 of 2
Genesis Supersuit
Posted: 29 May 2012 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

HI Wendy smile

Saving the textures as a DS4 Material pre-set (DUF) format from DS4.5 will import into the Carrara 8.5 beta,. but… there seems to be an issue here,.. on my system it instantly says “loading .... 100%” and it sits there doing nothing,.. (but task manager says that Carrara is still working) ...it takes 25 min’s (on my system) to then change to Loading… 50% (from 100%)  then, after a about 30 min’s It’ll actually finish loading the textures / shaders onto the Super-suit. smile
Loading in the Shaping pre-set as “Duf” format, takes only a couple of seconds
Loading other DUF Material pre-sets, like Genesis skin textures happen pretty quickly, so, as far as I can see, it’s an issue with the Supersuit materials.
Loading a saved DS4 Scene with Genesis, the Super suit, and shape and textures, takes only a couple of minutes,. but,. as far as I can see, the shaders are set up wrong on the suit,. (100% reflection) and with the amount of different shaders on the Supersuit it’s probably going to take longer to adjust those manually, than it would to load in the Material preset, and have a coffee break while it’s doing that.
Once you have the shader loaded,. you can save it as a Carrara “Global” shader to your browser,. then it’s an easy load from there into any other scene.

Posted: 29 May 2012 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7944
Joined  2009-07-13

I did save as character preset and a scene and it appeared in my Carrara browser fully dressed so no idea which worked!
not the figure in my render btw, it was the Genesis baby in a different suit preset
the morphs transfered over to Carrara but not the textures inc the Genesis figure.
had already uninstalled DS4.5 when I discovered it.
I cannot get the supersuit or the presets to load in smart content in studio.
need to use content library Daz studio formats content, people, Genesis, wardrobe, Supersuit
tried reseting and reimporting metadata , no luck
but it works fine via the content library.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 29 May 2012 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-24

Hi BrianP21361 smile

To create a DUF file, you’ll need the latest version of Daz Studio.
You should then be able to go to FILE / “Save As” Scene, / Material Preset, /  Shape Preset,. Pose preset etc..
All of these should be in the new DUF format.
You can then open Carrara 8.5 (beta),. create a new Scene,. and then go to FILE / Import, and browse to your saved DUF files

Hope it helps smile

Posted: 29 May 2012 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-24

Wendy wrote :

I cannot get the supersuit or the presets to load in smart content in studio.
need to use content library Daz studio formats content, people, Genesis, wardrobe, Supersuit

I have the same issue here,. It seems like there#s different levels of “smart” as far as content is concerned.
smile

Posted: 29 May 2012 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7944
Joined  2009-07-13

cross post!
hi Andy, uninstalled DS4.5 already so too bad, DS4 works well enough to FBX to iClone as I intend doing with the SS prests
accepted to beta test 3dx5pipeline version so interesting times ahead, will be looking at getting stuff out of iClone into Carrara and back
so prob not spending too much time on Supersuit anyway.
in Carrara I will prob do my own textures anyway and create new suits!
been playing with the fun things you can do with seams etc, thinking 3D Paint and hair etc to create my own variations that can be saved as shader presets etc.
I never really intended using the bundle presets in Carrara anyway.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 29 May 2012 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-24

I Agree,. some of the features of this Suit are pretty nice, and it should be a very flexible / useful outfit.
I got the Pro bundle just to have some Morphs / textures / shaders to play with, but I think it’ll be fun making some different ones.
It should be better / easier to work with, once they iron out some of the issues with DUF.

Andy smile

Posted: 31 May 2012 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  203
Joined  2005-08-31

3Dage,

Thanks for the help with Studio. I was able to import the Supersuit with a preset into Carrara using DUF. The results are kind of weird. Some parts of the textures come over, like color. Texture maps and bump maps are gone. The good news is that even though there are a ton of shading domains, many of them share a shader. It shouldn’t be too hard to edit them to get something that looks decent.Any other tips?

The first image is from Studio. The second from Carrara.

Image removed by a moderator till resized…please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewannounce/510_98/

Image Attachments
Carrara.png

Posted: 03 June 2012 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-08-31

I’ve been doing more with the Supersuit inside Carrara. This one was built from scratch in Carrara. It took a few hours to get all the textures in the right places. Finding all the seems was very difficult and time consuming. The first image looks good. Then I tried to pose the figure. The second image shows Genesis posing, but not the Supersuit. Is this a problem with Genesis or the Supersuit. I tried the “fit to” command before and after posing, but no luck. Next I tried a pair of jeans made for V4 and conformed it to Genesis. That posed correctly. Any ideas.

Image Attachments
X-man.png
X-man_posed.png
Genesis_Jeans.png

Posted: 03 June 2012 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-24

HI BrianP21361 smile

Nice combination.

Sorry for the delayed reply .. I still expect new posts to pop up to the first page. :(

If you’ve fitted the suit to genesis it should follow the pose or animation,
I’ve tried posing genesis and adding animation, and both work as expected.

What poses are you using ?

Posted: 04 June 2012 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-08-31

Thanks for the response 3DAge. I tried a variety of poses, Genesis:BasicMale, Genesis:BasicFemale, M4:General poses. I tried them all after placing the Supersuit on Genesis, Genesis:Basic Male and also Genesis:Basic Female. All with the same results, the figure poses, but not the clothes. Funny thing is if I use non-Genesis clothing everything works as expected. Any ideas?

Brian

2 of 2