2 of 2
REQ: Looking for realistic spilling hair for DAZ Studio
Posted: 01 August 2012 09:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4999
Joined  2008-03-06

Hey, a nice thread for links. smile

It’s very rare for hair creators to enable lying down or hanging upside down, even those who otherwise have great morph support.  Buying a permanently upside down hair is not a good solution if you want hair for sequential art or to give consistency to a recurring character between renders.

I always wait until sales to buy hairs that are more than $10, but I would be happy to pay $20 up front for a nice-looking long hair (ideally without big dated bangs) that had morphs that would allow it to be used for a bigger variety of poses.  I think others would, too.  There’s an opportunity here, hair makers - if you actually did this it would be a must-buy for many, many users just because there’s so little like it.  That Neftis hair is the closest I’ve seen, and it’s too curly for most of my renders.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 01 August 2012 10:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  536
Joined  2009-04-14

This is “Fire Goddess Hair” by Valea (http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/fire-goddess-hair/81429). It’s on sale right now through the weekend, and I’m holdin’ out, hoping Rendo will issue a coupon Friday or Saturday to sweeten the deal (hint hint). Put this on a woman lying on her back (in the arms of Frankenstein’s Monster, for example), and it would go a long way towards addressing one of the looks I’m shooting for.

Posted: 02 August 2012 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3429
Joined  2009-08-05
SickleYield - 01 August 2012 09:43 PM

Hey, a nice thread for links. smile

It’s very rare for hair creators to enable lying down or hanging upside down, even those who otherwise have great morph support.  Buying a permanently upside down hair is not a good solution if you want hair for sequential art or to give consistency to a recurring character between renders.

I always wait until sales to buy hairs that are more than $10, but I would be happy to pay $20 up front for a nice-looking long hair (ideally without big dated bangs) that had morphs that would allow it to be used for a bigger variety of poses.  I think others would, too.  There’s an opportunity here, hair makers - if you actually did this it would be a must-buy for many, many users just because there’s so little like it.  That Neftis hair is the closest I’ve seen, and it’s too curly for most of my renders.

Interesting thread. I have also been on this quest. Since Fibremesh technology came out I have been trying to create a fibre that can handle any Genesis shape morph you throw at it. As some will know, fibremesh looks great BUT can get pretty ugly when applied to Genesis with extreme shapes.  However I believe I have solved that issue.. It is based off my ManFuzz fibre but the difference is that this one (code named - Genesis Universal Fibre) can be ultra thin and any length and still not break or triangulate when dialling up on different shapes. Here is what it looks like. It can be straight, bent or curly. The following example is just a 55k poly test set on Genesis. What this means is that I can now create any hair style and any morph for it, be it up, down , lying on the ground and the fibres will still look great. Also with this fibre you can adjust the thickness on the fly.

Image Attachments
Universal_Fibre.jpg
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 02 August 2012 01:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4999
Joined  2008-03-06

Exciting possibilities. smile

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 02 August 2012 02:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

Definately:) The future for Genesis keeps looking brighter…

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 02 August 2012 05:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07

Zev - I’m buying once that hits the store. I’d rather pay a lot one time for variety and flexibility than pay a little bit many times for limited use.

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 02 August 2012 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

Good to know:) Lol I wont make it expensive, it’s not my style:)

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 26 June 2014 06:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-06-28

EVERYONE doing hairs beards whatsoever, if it’s for a still iimage pose, not animation, the answer is quite simple :: Hexagon.
Send hair, figure, whatever object you want the hair to lye on to Hexagon using the hexagon bridge, tweak your hairstrands the way you wish over it, send bakc to DAZ.
Use hair as prop, not as morph, re-apply textures by copying them from the original hair for transparency.

Done.

Any clothes, or whatever, can be modelled and tweaked the similar way.

Cheers.

Posted: 26 June 2014 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1357
Joined  2012-10-10

My ideas? Any hairstyle by Mairy/3Dream has tons of useful morphs to achieve flowing hair effects. There is also a freebie, Upside Down Hair, made by ParrotDolphin (I assume) on DA.

Signature 

A PA sale creeps upon a victim from behind, punches it in the rear and runs away with its wallet.

2 of 2