Digital Art Zone

26 of 26
Genesis Morphing Business Suit Now in store [Commercial]
Posted: 03 January 2013 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 376 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2009-08-28

I’m not unhappy with the product. I’m just new to 3D. I made my original account at DAZ in 2009, but then never got around to doing anything until a couple months ago.

My apologies if I didn’t handle my question properly. Being very new I didn’t know if there was some obvious way to adjust things like this so my question was to find out if that was the case.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I appreciate it

Posted: 03 January 2013 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 377 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4924
Joined  2008-03-06
LisaDM - 03 January 2013 04:47 PM

I’m not unhappy with the product. I’m just new to 3D. I made my original account at DAZ in 2009, but then never got around to doing anything until a couple months ago.

My apologies if I didn’t handle my question properly. Being very new I didn’t know if there was some obvious way to adjust things like this so my question was to find out if that was the case.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I appreciate it

That response was for DavidGB, not directed at you at all.  Sorry, I probably should have quoted more of the text of his long earlier post. wink  You’re fine.  (And so is he, I just can’t redo the product the way he wants it.)

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 05 January 2013 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 378 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

Has anyone tried saving as DSON and using the Poser CF to load it in Poser?

Do the shoes crumple?  Are the movement morphs retained?

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

Posted: 05 January 2013 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 379 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  547
Joined  2010-10-15

As a new Daz convert, I want to thank you for this. My doctors, police people, politicians, and all others thank you also. grin

Posted: 05 January 2013 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 380 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
Satira Capriccio - 05 January 2013 05:09 PM

The geometry was created before DSON existed and is not currently suitable for conversion (the jacket specifically).

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 05 January 2013 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 381 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1006
Joined  2012-02-04
SickleYield - 05 January 2013 07:57 PM

The geometry was created before DSON existed and is not currently suitable for conversion (the jacket specifically).

While I am not a Poser user, I find this curious.  I thought the DSON importer was supposed to deal with any mesh and handle it like it is handled in Studio.  What is it doing differently/not doing that makes the jacket mesh not work properly in Poser?

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage

Posted: 05 January 2013 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 382 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

It can’t actually be handled quite the same as in Studio, because the two weight mapping systems are incompatible.  The DSON converter actually completely rerigs each item based on its face groups.  This is a huge and impressive accomplishment in and of itself, that they were able to automate that, but it also requires that the face groups of the item are set up a certain way in DAZ. 

Because DS does nothing at all with face groups (they are basically for rigging convenience), I didn’t set up the jacket deliberately to have each custom bone assigned to one.  Because that leaves vertices assigned to no face group, the DSON converter reads those faces as “invisible.”  This means that the jacket’s custom boned areas are magically gone after conversion, leaving big holes in the mesh in Poser.

There’s also the fact that there might not be enough custom fixits for Poser’s lack of collision, but with this item I wouldn’t worry about that given the huge number of customs it has.  The other main thing is the shaders.  They are many and fancy, and they will not convert to Poser mats properly at all (I’m having to use some ugly workarounds just to equal what LIE can do with my Rendo DSON products!).

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 06 January 2013 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 383 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

Thanks for the answer.  I love the suit and was considering purchasing the bundle this weekend.  But ... if it doesn’t convert well, then it doesn’t.

The shaders isn’t an issue for me since I’m comfortable in Poser’s material room.  But holes in the mesh is a whole nother story! 

SickleYield - 05 January 2013 07:57 PM
Satira Capriccio - 05 January 2013 05:09 PM

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

26 of 26