Digital Art Zone

24 of 26
Genesis Morphing Business Suit Now in store [Commercial]
Posted: 28 September 2012 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 346 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  900
Joined  2012-02-03

I’m still downloading, but I was wondering if the shaders that come with the suit (I bought the bundle) will work on other things too?

Posted: 28 September 2012 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 347 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2009-04-21

I played with the suit a little bit before DS4 blew up on me again, and I have to say, it is a really impressive piece of work.  Bravo to Marieah and SickleYield!

Posted: 28 September 2012 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 348 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16
riftwitch - 28 September 2012 11:04 AM

I’m still downloading, but I was wondering if the shaders that come with the suit (I bought the bundle) will work on other things too?

The set has material presets rather than shaders, so the answer is no. But there are lots of similar and even better things to use on it in my shader products.

Posted: 28 September 2012 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 349 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  900
Joined  2012-02-03
Marieah - 28 September 2012 07:56 PM
riftwitch - 28 September 2012 11:04 AM

The set has material presets rather than shaders, so the answer is no. But there are lots of similar and even better things to use on it in my shader products.

Thanks. I also picked up fabricator, totally bazaar, furify, and leatherizer, so I should be good for a while. I really like the work you’ve put into your products.

Posted: 28 September 2012 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 350 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4777
Joined  2011-10-04

Oho! That gives me a second idea for something to do with the suit, and it is one that might leave people salivating, too. Once this render finishes, I’ll do that, since it is a rather quickie one…

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 28 September 2012 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 351 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2301
Joined  2007-12-07

This might be a bit big, so it might end up being a link instead ...
Yup, it’s going to be a link

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 29 September 2012 04:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 352 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

All righty. This is it, it is not perfect, I’m not happy with the lights and shadows, but I need to seriously rethink everything if I want to make it any better than this.

————————————————————————

If you have been working in corporate world long enough, and in different places, there are always these archetypes that seem to repeat themselves…

A meeting which goes on and on and on and on and there’s no escape…

A raging (idiot) boss, who has massaged the numbers of his own work to look better, and who hoists all blame on you…

A lazy **** of a co-worker who is watching for any opportunity of proving your own slip, in order to boost their own work and hide their failures due to slacking…

Someone who has quietly submitted to their fate and is trying to endure ‘till the end of meeting, constantly refilling their mug of tea or coffee…

That poor sap who just wants this thing to be over and done with, and whose body language screams that murder is always an option if they snap…

Someone who is going for an extended vacation or leave for one reason or another, and who is trying to train a replacement while in a meeting, and also getting frantic messages from the newbie who is picking up the load and who can’t find their butt with two hands, map, flashlight, compass and Scout Troop…

That aggravating ****er who doesn’t give a **** about the meeting itself, makes sure everyone knows it, and is there solely to mump on good stuff, and actually has eaten all good food before everyone else has had a chance to even get a crumb and leaves behind the ***tty cookies no one wants to touch…

The-all-business-like person who is working like a bull, and who just wants to get back to their project, now, because his time is more valuable than this…

Well. Hell, Inc. was no different than those other big corporations.

However, all six silently fumed and vowed to find whoever was responsible for PowerPoint representations, and then they’d make that mortal suffer like no one had suffered before.

In a way, they were very much like us in that regard, too.

Image Attachments
Infernal_Meeting.jpg
 Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 29 September 2012 05:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 353 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1253
Joined  2005-02-25

Love the look of this so funny, can’t wait to see the full version with shadows ect…

Signature 

The Mind on the other side!
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/midnight_stories/

Posted: 29 September 2012 06:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 354 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Might take a while, right now I’m kind of sick of working on this scene on account of having to constantly fiddle with it. downer And I still can’t seem to get the lights and shadows right. Gotta relax brain with other things now.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 29 September 2012 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 355 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Just to prove that I’m not a complete dingus with light and shadow, here’s an another one.

I can’t post the one I intended to post, which is actually a variant of this one, but once I got my problem stabbed, I will post a second version of it. It’ll be all clear then.

Fog added in postwork. Everything else as is.

——————————————————————————————————-

Supervillains would do well to remember that even if Storm is not on duty, she is quite willing and capable of switching back to duty in a blink of an eye, fancy business clothes or not. This would spare them a world of hurt.

Image Attachments
Storm.jpg
 Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 29 September 2012 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 356 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  606
Joined  2012-02-07

Alas, if only the sale lasted one more week.  Still, this looks like it’s an exceptional product that’s worth it at full price.

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 29 September 2012 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 357 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16

Simon, your Western vibe of the suit is very creative - I would never have thought to do that.

Skiriki, I know those office types too well. Your render is very amusing.

But I really love your second render. It has such drama and I see you’ve used Furify on the Jacket.

Posted: 29 September 2012 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 358 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1253
Joined  2005-02-25

Soon as I saw it I thought of storm Excellent !

Signature 

The Mind on the other side!
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/midnight_stories/

Posted: 29 September 2012 11:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 359 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
Marieah - 29 September 2012 04:06 PM

Skiriki, I know those office types too well. Your render is very amusing.

But I really love your second render. It has such drama and I see you’ve used Furify on the Jacket.

Yep! Brown mink, to be exact about it.

And midnight_stories, I used your blue moonlight from your Sabbatic Goat set for this one, worked perrrrrrfectly.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 30 September 2012 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 360 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4820
Joined  2008-03-06

I’m glad people are having fun with this. smile

Signature