Digital Art Zone

18 of 26
Genesis Morphing Business Suit Now in store [Commercial]
Posted: 05 September 2012 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 256 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16

Thanks Richard. There are plenty of morphs there to get it right, but I get a bit lazy sometimes.

Here’s some more of the burgundy options, including the pale green shirt you suggested.

Image Attachments
poshburg3.jpg

Posted: 05 September 2012 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 257 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1158
Joined  2005-07-29

Oddly Shiny…silk texture?

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 05 September 2012 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 258 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16
RKane_1 - 05 September 2012 12:04 PM

Oddly Shiny…silk texture?

It’s the overly speccy lighting. The material settings are exactly the same as on every other shirt in this thread. Lighting is critical to the correct rendering of anything that relies on specularity rather than painted highlights.

Meanwhile, I did this for Skiriki as light relief from making textures and mat poses.

Image Attachments
troll.jpg

Posted: 05 September 2012 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 259 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  200
Joined  2006-05-12

excellent !

so versatile

Signature 

my photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thadeus72/

Posted: 05 September 2012 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 260 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

WOOOOHOOOO! It is a troll! In suit! Made my day!

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 05 September 2012 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 261 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1009
Joined  2012-02-04
Marieah - 05 September 2012 01:12 PM

Meanwhile, I did this for Skiriki as light relief from making textures and mat poses.

That troll in the suit is just made of win. smile  Thanks for the laugh!

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage
Set Focal Distance script for DAZ Studio

Posted: 05 September 2012 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 262 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4542
Joined  2004-08-11

So so yummy.  Yea, for me I’d turn down the specular on the silk, esp if there are some pretty bright lights used in the scene.  Love that color combo though.  So so FINE!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 05 September 2012 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 263 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16
RAMWolff - 05 September 2012 03:56 PM

So so yummy.  Yea, for me I’d turn down the specular on the silk, esp if there are some pretty bright lights used in the scene.  Love that color combo though.  So so FINE!

I’d just use different lights. If I’m selling material settings, I don’t dare tweak them for renders. But as it was a test render because I wanted to show you the vest and tie materials and they are fine, I didn’t worry about it.

I’m including a couple of complementary toned silk shirts in each folder. I think there is pale pink and green with the burgundy.

Posted: 06 September 2012 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 264 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4957
Joined  2008-03-06

*Looks at Troll Render*

*Falls over laughing*

That’s epic.  I love it.

This is the first time I’m seeing some of these Posh textures (Marieah has sent me some preliminary renders) and I have to say, I’m still quite pleased with them.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 06 September 2012 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 265 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16

I’m going to put it up as a promo and see if Daz cans it - or if they have a sense of humor. On a serious note, it speaks volumes for the quality of the mesh and the textures that it will stretch that far, for a figure it doesn’t have FBMs for, without gross distortion. I am sad to report, however, that the shoes and socks did not do so well on the troll.

I really wanted to put the suit of the new Mountain Troll, but as he only works in 4.5, I couldn’t because I don’t dare change horses until I’ve finished this set.

I’m getting ready to upload Just Posh, and am happy to report that all the other sets have passed QA. So we have a bundle folks…

Here’s a couple more renders…

Image Attachments
poshpintuck.jpgposhfrills.jpgposhpleats.jpg

Posted: 06 September 2012 07:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 266 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1587
Joined  2009-08-08

Great idea, although I’m mildly concerned about the odd waves up at the top of the chest above the visible button. I might expect a bit of curve, but the amount showing seems a bit excessive (not an issue with the frills, just the tucks and the pleats). I suppose the ascot would mask it, though.

Posted: 06 September 2012 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 267 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16
JOdel - 06 September 2012 07:49 PM

Great idea, although I’m mildly concerned about the odd waves up at the top of the chest above the visible button. I might expect a bit of curve, but the amount showing seems a bit excessive (not an issue with the frills, just the tucks and the pleats). I suppose the ascot would mask it, though.

I know what you mean, but there’s really nothing I can do about it. The mesh is bound to stretch in various places, and the pleats will stretch with it. I think it’s better than having no pleats at all, which is the other option. It may be that QA don’t like it and make me take the textures out, but I hope not.

Certainly, it’s less noticeable with the frills because they are wavy already.

Posted: 06 September 2012 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 268 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04
Marieah - 06 September 2012 07:32 PM

I’m going to put it up as a promo and see if Daz cans it - or if they have a sense of humor. On a serious note, it speaks volumes for the quality of the mesh and the textures that it will stretch that far, for a figure it doesn’t have FBMs for, without gross distortion. I am sad to report, however, that the shoes and socks did not do so well on the troll.

I TOTALLY hope they will keep it, because it is like you said—it demonstrates the capabilities of this suit to extreme. And it STILL looks GREAT.

As a matter of fact, I just got into my head a project where I need to stick something really-testing-the-limits of that suit…

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 07 September 2012 01:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 269 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2010-11-26

The Troll Image is amazing! and hillarious… but mostly amazing smile

Signature 

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.  ~Herm Albright

Posted: 07 September 2012 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 270 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16

Just uploaded Just Posh. I’ve proposed a really good promotional deal on it which should make it free for many people.

I confess to almost forgetting about the mesh shirt I promised Richard a few pages back with the remapped shirt. But I did remember and have put it in with the other shirts.

Image Attachments
mesh.jpg

18 of 26