15 of 26
Genesis Morphing Business Suit Now in store [Commercial]
Posted: 30 August 2012 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 211 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1171
Joined  2009-01-09
Marieah - 30 August 2012 12:01 PM

My vote is for terrible as well, but one has to experiment if one doesn’t want it to be boring. I love the three flannel shirts I’m including because they really take it in a different direction. I was thinking of having a fourth shirt but couldn’t find anything different enough that worked. Eg, putting a knit on it and making it into a cardigan. That worked, was convincing, but was a bit boring and didn’t work well with the other pieces that at least have a distinct style to them.

You know ... it might could work if you could widen the lapels a bit and then counterchange the jacket in solids, like in heraldry or a harlequin/jester top. (But not that sort of color, necessarily.) You’d need at least three different colors. Say the mesh top is still black, left lapel and right side of jacket are silver, and the right lapel and left side of the jacket are dark red or dark green or something like that. Tricky to manage—you don’t necessarily want it to read harlequin—but that could work. Or maybe even go full patchwork on the jacket body, but solid on the lapels. You don’t necessarily want too much pattern in the jacket body, because as long as the mesh is big enough to read as mesh, you’d have clashing patterns. As long as the mesh is a different color than any of the ones in the jacket, that could work.

Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 30 August 2012 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 212 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4532
Joined  2004-08-11

Terrible?  What’s terrible?  I’m corn-fused!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 30 August 2012 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 213 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16
RAMWolff - 30 August 2012 06:23 PM

Terrible?  What’s terrible?  I’m corn-fused!

The mesh shirt I attempted and asked for your opinion of which is posted on the previous page of this thread.

But as I’ve decided it’s terrible it doesn’t really matter now. Do check out the hippie vest though…

Posted: 30 August 2012 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 214 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Just went back to look… I LOVE it… TRUST me.. there are gay characters that would were that sort of shirt to a dance bar…. I’d keep it!  grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 30 August 2012 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 215 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16
RAMWolff - 30 August 2012 08:02 PM

Just went back to look… I LOVE it… TRUST me.. there are gay characters that would were that sort of shirt to a dance bar…. I’d keep it!  grin

Well, there’s a surprise. I can easily keep it. It will be an extra and not instead of anything else. I’ll put the collar back on the shirt I think, but the sleeves are invisible. with sleeves it was just too much. Yeah, it was the gay boys I had in mind….I’m planning on adding another hippie embroidered waistcoat since it goes so well with everything else in the set.

I’m really loving the way that Fedora goes from conservative to cool just by putting it with a different outfit and altering the angle. As you can see by cocky pic, the Fedora is capable of morphing into an Akubra.

Posted: 30 August 2012 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 216 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

What does the shirt look like with the collar off?  Does it still have the trim around the edges of the shirt where it buttons up and a trim where the collar would be?  That might be a cool look if it looks good enough!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 30 August 2012 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 217 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16
RAMWolff - 30 August 2012 09:23 PM

What does the shirt look like with the collar off?  Does it still have the trim around the edges of the shirt where it buttons up and a trim where the collar would be?  That might be a cool look if it looks good enough!

It just looks ragged I’m afraid.

This is how it looks with the collar…

Image Attachments
Image_75.jpg

Posted: 30 August 2012 11:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 218 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Hmm…. I’d leave the color and the button panels solid, and probably the shirt pocket solid so it’s got some interesting and stylish function.  The collar and button panel with that looks a bit odd to me.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 31 August 2012 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 219 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16

Unfortunately, the button strip doesn’t have its own mat zone. I should have asked for this way back, but I didn’t . Not does it have a pocket.

I changed the collar, then set the opacity to 60 per cent. Not sure. What do you think?

Second pic shows the new hippie vest I’ve just done using a Peruvian fabric.

Image Attachments
chilllnet.jpgchillllama.jpg

Posted: 31 August 2012 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 220 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Hmmm….. Oh well.  Not so good then.  Really would benefit from some solids to hold it better together.  Too bad that the button panel wasn’t zoned out would have been perfect.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 31 August 2012 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 221 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04
RAMWolff - 31 August 2012 08:58 AM

Hmmm….. Oh well.  Not so good then.  Really would benefit from some solids to hold it better together.  Too bad that the button panel wasn’t zoned out would have been perfect.

Meh, just grab Polygon Selector and re-define the area for the project, since it seems that the panels aren’t distorting badly so you can just pick a row. wink

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 31 August 2012 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 222 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16

I’ll give the mesh one a miss then.

I really should have asked for the extra mat zone, and Shay would have done it straight away. But I didn’t want to be a nuisance and I can see that that is never a good reason for not doing something.

It can’t be changed now because all the other textures will no longer apply properly.

Posted: 31 August 2012 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 223 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

No worries on my end hon.  Maybe Shay could add in a shirt to one of the add on packs with the zones you need to create some more good funky looks?

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 01 September 2012 02:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 224 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16
RAMWolff - 31 August 2012 11:14 PM

No worries on my end hon.  Maybe Shay could add in a shirt to one of the add on packs with the zones you need to create some more good funky looks?

I’m sure she would. I’ve uploaded it now. That’s four products and I’m hoping I can find enough steam to do the luxury pack. But at least we have the four products for the bundle now.

Image Attachments
chillhound.jpgPopup8.jpgMain.jpg

Posted: 01 September 2012 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 225 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

AWESOME renders.  Very very versatile set for sure!  Middle one… looks like he had some action!  lmao

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

15 of 26