1 of 26
Genesis Morphing Business Suit Now in store [Commercial]
Posted: 31 July 2012 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16

The suit and all the add-on products are now in the store:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/marieah

The suit is in five separate pieces - pants, jacket, shirt, tie and handkerchief. Yes, the jacket will open and there will be tons of other morphs as well. And yes, as you can see, the suit is loose fitting.

This has been very difficult to achieve, and my admiration for the skills of SickleYield’s skills is boundless.

Here are some renders showing some of the included textures. There are several, including the broadcloth in the third image, designed for you to add your own diffuse color to.

Image Attachments
Main.jpgMain.jpgPopup2.jpgMain.jpgMain.jpg

Posted: 31 July 2012 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7537
Joined  2004-07-21

Will there be a bow tie?  how about suspenders?

edit; sorry forgot to add that it looks fabulous.  cheers!

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Posted: 31 July 2012 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1386
Joined  2006-07-04

Looking good!

I already have SickleYield’s Genesis tops 2 and pants (her genesis refits from her previous Gen 4 sets), but I like it when my guys don’t look like they all shop for suits at the same store.

smile

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 31 July 2012 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16

Bow tie and morphs to change the collar will be in an add-on pack.

No suspenders. Sorry.

Image Attachments
brown2.jpg

Posted: 31 July 2012 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4801
Joined  2008-03-06
DaWaterRat - 31 July 2012 11:48 AM

Looking good!

I already have SickleYield’s Genesis tops 2 and pants (her genesis refits from her previous Gen 4 sets), but I like it when my guys don’t look like they all shop for suits at the same store.

smile

This geometry was made for Genesis (it’s not the same as the other suit) and to work with smoothing.  There will be definite benefits to having them both.  Among other things, the collar is integrated with the shirt on this one, so one won’t have to manually dial it open on the open morphs.

I’m doing the custom morphs as we speak, starting with the pants and working my way out through the layers.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 31 July 2012 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16

And another one…

Image Attachments
white2.jpg

Posted: 31 July 2012 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5351
Joined  2005-08-29

Looking Great!
Genesis really needs some clothes for business grin
Autofit works only to a certain extent, I got many for M3 & M4.

Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 31 July 2012 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16
Totte - 31 July 2012 12:52 PM

Looking Great!
Genesis really needs some clothes for business grin
Autofit works only to a certain extent, I got many for M3 & M4.

Yes, I agree. There are several pairs of business-type shoes, but nothing to wear them with.

I’m posting this to show it works for the girls as well. With the waistcoat and hat that will be in one of the add-on sets, this might be the new Cuore di Moda http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v4-cuore-di-moda/

Image Attachments
redgirl.jpg

Posted: 31 July 2012 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2179
Joined  2012-02-04

I can see that you’ve done a lot of work on this product. Unlike 99.9% of items in the store, this does not stick to the body like a second skin. That alone makes it pretty unique. My first impression at seeing the promo shots is that the suit looks like it is way too big for the person wearing it. In particular, the sleeves look too loose for my taste. The garment size looks more like an overcoat fit than a suit fit to me. (Of course I live in Florida, so what do I know of coats!) If I saw a person in this suit in real life, I would think they must have lost an awful lot of weight lately. Are there any options in the product for how closely or loosely the suit fits?

Posted: 31 July 2012 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
barbult - 31 July 2012 02:11 PM

I can see that you’ve done a lot of work on this product. Unlike 99.9% of items in the store, this does not stick to the body like a second skin. That alone makes it pretty unique. My first impression at seeing the promo shots is that the suit looks like it is way too big for the person wearing it. In particular, the sleeves look too loose for my taste. The garment size looks more like an overcoat fit than a suit fit to me. (Of course I live in Florida, so what do I know of coats!) If I saw a person in this suit in real life, I would think they must have lost an awful lot of weight lately. Are there any options in the product for how closely or loosely the suit fits?

There will be.  I’m doing the custom morphs as we speak (currently pants are done and shirt in progress).  You will have to turn off smoothing and collision on the shirt for it to fit under the tight jacket morphs, but that should not be a problem given that a. only the collar and upper front will be visible and b. the extra morphs should help fix any visible clipping.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 31 July 2012 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1829
Joined  2006-02-17

The only comment I have is that the Coat has “breasts.”  Suits for men don’t.  There is no curvature at all between the sides and underarms.  These promos all look like suits for women being worn by men.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 31 July 2012 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2179
Joined  2012-02-04
SickleYield - 31 July 2012 02:16 PM

There will be.  I’m doing the custom morphs as we speak (currently pants are done and shirt in progress).  You will have to turn off smoothing and collision on the shirt for it to fit under the tight jacket morphs, but that should not be a problem given that a. only the collar and upper front will be visible and b. the extra morphs should help fix any visible clipping.

Good to hear and fast reply! I look forward to some more product images as the work progresses, This could be good!

Posted: 31 July 2012 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
Kendall Sears - 31 July 2012 02:18 PM

The only comment I have is that the Coat has “breasts.”  Suits for men don’t.  There is no curvature at all between the sides and underarms.  These promos all look like suits for women being worn by men.

Kendall

Yup.  JCM are in progress.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 31 July 2012 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-16

The sleeves look big only because I have set them to collide with the shirt and the shirt is loose too. This will not be needed once all the morphs are done, so it won’t look so puffy.

Kendall

Again, it’s colliding with the shirt, which it won’t need to do when the custom morphs are done. All Genesis clothing does this so some extent in certain poses. I’m surprised you haven’t noticed. It is not made for a woman.

There is so much criticism - not questioning - but straight out slagging that I’m regretting starting this thread and starting to wonder whether doing a suit for Genesis was even a good idea.

The major gripe with the last business suit was that it was too tight.

Posted: 31 July 2012 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1829
Joined  2006-02-17
SickleYield - 31 July 2012 02:27 PM

Kendall

Yup.  JCM are in progress.

Nice.  It’ll be good to have “regular wear” for people.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 31 July 2012 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
Marieah - 31 July 2012 02:28 PM

The sleeves look big only because I have set them to collide with the shirt and the shirt is loose too. This will not be needed once all the morphs are done, so it won’t look so puffy.

Kendall

Again, it’s colliding with the shirt, which it won’t need to do when the custom morphs are done. All Genesis clothing does this so some extent in certain poses. I’m surprised you haven’t noticed. It is not made for a woman.

There is so much criticism - not questioning - but straight out slagging that I’m regretting starting this thread and starting to wonder whether doing a suit for Genesis was even a good idea.

The major gripe with the last business suit was that it was too tight.

It does seem a little ruder than I was expecting, but that’s okay.  I think as people see the design evolve through the morphs there will be more positivity.

This is a project requiring a lot of technical fiddling, which is unquestionably why there haven’t been tons of Genesis suits already. wink

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

1 of 26