Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Poser 9 crashes during render
Posted: 03 August 2012 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  207
Joined  2004-11-14

I am running PP2012 on iMac 64 bit and my Poser crashes EVERYTIME I am adding one specific Hair , it loads but soon as I want to dial a morph for it BOOM, PP2012 crashes.

Very strange.
Hope SR3 will fix this.

Posted: 04 August 2012 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  442
Joined  2003-10-09

Checked the graphics card and the driver is up to date. So it looks like we roll back Poser and see if that helps. Had the crash happen again yesterday and all I had in the scene was M4 with a custom morph applied, some custom textures and the EZSkin setup. just doesnt make sense…

David

Posted: 04 August 2012 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7979
Joined  2006-03-19

That’s what my problem was is an out dated driver.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

Posted: 04 August 2012 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  207
Joined  2004-11-14

I have that all the time with one Hair for Poser:(
My Mac is all up to date at all times.

Posted: 04 August 2012 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  106
Joined  2009-03-29

You could try running Poser in administrator mode. This solved some strange crashes i was having (have the poser content in my program files directory, and no more crashes anymore grin )

Right click on the poser icon -> properties -> select compatibility tab -> check ” authority level”  to execute the program as admnistrator (not sure this is the correct translation for the English windows 7 version, but it is at the bottom).

Posted: 08 August 2012 06:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  442
Joined  2003-10-09

Tried that and it still happened. Did a reinstall and still have the same issue. Noticed that it tends to happen anytime there’s a “subsurface” node hooked up. I had a character I loaded last night and it would render fine. The node setup was beyond basic but didnt use a “subsurface” node. I went and ran the EZSkin script and then re-rendered. After it went thru all it’s different passes and started the render pass it crashed. I guess I wont be using the EZSkin python script if I’m planning on rendering in Poser. :(

Posted: 08 August 2012 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  106
Joined  2009-03-29

The only other thing i can think of, is a memory problem while rendering. Poser 9 is 32 bit and can only use approximately 3.6 gb memory (depending on the system, but the 32 bit limit applies, also when you are running it on a 64 bit windows). You can check the memory usage by opening the task manager (performance tab to see the usage, or the process tab to see if there are any other services that use a lot of memory).

In my experience sometimes very complex and large scene crash while rendering because of the memory usage , it can help to lower the bucket size.

2 of 2