Digital Art Zone

14581_RealTanksContainers_1.1_dpc.exe = Virus??
Posted: 30 July 2012 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-07-14

Whenever I download the freebie “14581_RealTanksContainers_1.1_dpc.exe” my Norton AV identifies it as being a threat called “WS.Reputation.1” and deletes the download. What’s up?

Thanks.

Posted: 30 July 2012 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2040
Joined  2011-07-31

Known problem with over-zealous false positive.  I believe the solution is to turn off your AV while downloading and installing.  The file safe and okay to run.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 31 July 2012 02:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2315
Joined  2005-09-05
AtticAnne - 30 July 2012 06:35 PM

Known problem with over-zealous false positive.  I believe the solution is to turn off your AV while downloading and installing.  The file safe and okay to run.

You should also be able to customize nortons to make exceptions for the daz installers I know I could when I had this problem with kaspersky

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 31 July 2012 03:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17042
Joined  2003-10-09

AS has been said this is a known problem when downloading from Daz, using Norton AV. THe problem is you Norton is saying that not enough donwloads of htis type, so it doesn’t recognise it, hence says it MAY be a suspicious file.  You should be able to find the file in your quarantined files and move it from there to run it.  Once you have downloaded enough Daz files for Norton to recognise them the problem will go away.

Another solution is to use another AV. There are a few good free ones around, that you can try to see if you like them before buying a subscription.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915