Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Save as Material Preset Question
Posted: 05 August 2012 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

I can’t help with that. I have Plugins I can not lose so DS4.5 is off limits for now. I do know that only DS4.5 can read .duf so only people that use it will be able to use your textures. That knocks out people who still use DS3 or DS4Pro.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 05 August 2012 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  340
Joined  2011-12-30
Jaderail - 05 August 2012 09:26 AM

I can’t help with that. I have Plugins I can not lose so DS4.5 is off limits for now. I do know that only DS4.5 can read .duf so only people that use it will be able to use your textures. That knocks out people who still use DS3 or DS4Pro.

Thanks for letting me know.

Signature 

3D Artist Network.

Posted: 05 August 2012 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Your welcome. Texture on.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 16 December 2012 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2010-04-16

By creating the Mat files from the textures in the proper Folder and the Object in the proper folder all the paths were in the PP2 file.
To get my item ready to put on ShareCG I created a empty Folder with a Rumtime structure in it that only had the paths my item used.
I then copied all my files into that file structure just exactly as they existed in my DS folders. And Zipped the Full Runtime into one File with a ReadMe in it. What I learned was All files have to be included, and all the paths have to match 100%. It worked and is still up on ShareCG with almost 200 DL’s and no complaints.

For a DS item it would be the same, you would just be sure to include all the files in the proper folders in a DS structure.

I hope this might help you.

Hi there, I came across this thread when searching for information on material presets of Poser content and why they sometimes do not work in DAZ Studio (4 Pro, specifically).

Here’s my dilemma; my friend has created some characters in Poser and when testing them I noticed that one character’s skin uses the D|S default light blue diffuse color for all skin options but the other character only uses the default blue for the character’s default skin. When his other skin options are applied, the diffuse color changes to white (255x3) and, of course, he becomes two-toned.

I wanted to know if this issue could be caused by either the paths not matching exactly or something else? Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. Just so you know, I’m a beginner DAZ Studio user but I have not used Poser so I know very little about that program. Thanks in advance, I hope I’m explaining myself clearly.

Posted: 12 October 2013 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2008-11-18

What is the compress option for? When we are creating something we wand to share in the materials option window there is a box for it. Should it be checked or unchecked? Why what is this for?

Posted: 12 October 2013 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13910
Joined  2003-10-09

Compress makes the file smaller by applying GZip compression. On a preset it won’t make a huge difference, but on morph assets and figure assets it can save a lot of space.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 12 October 2013 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2008-11-18
Richard Haseltine - 12 October 2013 03:59 PM

Compress makes the file smaller by applying GZip compression. On a preset it won’t make a huge difference, but on morph assets and figure assets it can save a lot of space.

thank you

2 of 2