Digital Art Zone

5 of 12
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD - **Updated 2013-02-17**
Posted: 14 October 2012 02:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2011-11-29

Things seem to have fallen quiet.
If you’re still working on Poser/Daz conversions of Star Trek models, then I am still open to helping with what you asked, Matty.

We all look forward to seeing what wonderful new things you bring to the forum, and I know I always look forward to playing with your conversions and seeing how they fare in Poser.

Posted: 14 October 2012 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16

Same here. Love your conversions Matt! smile

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 14 October 2012 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2861
Joined  2004-04-14
Lord Iffy - 14 October 2012 02:58 AM

If you’re still working on Poser/Daz conversions of Star Trek models, then I am still open to helping with what you asked, Matty.

We all look forward to seeing what wonderful new things you bring to the forum, and I know I always look forward to playing with your conversions and seeing how they fare in Poser.

I would appreciate it if you still want to do it.  It would seem like a good idea to have an idea of whats not working 100% before I get back to converting more.

The conversions are on hold as I am making content for the store.  The free time I have had recently was used to set up a scene and render it.  I dont know when I will be able to make more time for conversions cause after I finish the pack I am working on, I have to update a yet to be released pack that is in DSF format to DUF format so it can work in Poser and then there is another pack that needs to be worked on right away after that.  But we will see.  I try not to work on the weekend as everyone needs time off so we will see what next weekend brings.  If I dont have anything going on, or get distracted by real life or rendering, I will go back to the Enterprise-E since I was redoing it.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 14 October 2012 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  549
Joined  2011-04-14

Here’s what happened each time I use the Constellation:

Image Attachments
Daz1.png

Posted: 14 October 2012 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2011-11-29
Mattymanx - 14 October 2012 12:09 PM
Lord Iffy - 14 October 2012 02:58 AM

I would appreciate it if you still want to do it.  It would seem like a good idea to have an idea of whats not working 100% before I get back to converting more.

The conversions are on hold as I am making content for the store.  The free time I have had recently was used to set up a scene and render it.  I dont know when I will be able to make more time for conversions cause after I finish the pack I am working on, I have to update a yet to be released pack that is in DSF format to DUF format so it can work in Poser and then there is another pack that needs to be worked on right away after that.  But we will see.  I try not to work on the weekend as everyone needs time off so we will see what next weekend brings.  If I dont have anything going on, or get distracted by real life or rendering, I will go back to the Enterprise-E since I was redoing it.

No worries, Matty.  smile

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-04-14
TheCastellan - 14 October 2012 03:14 PM

What does the log file say?

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART

Posted: 15 October 2012 04:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-14

I’ll have to look next time.  I do remember once I hit ok, the rendering timer kept going, but nothing happens.  So I close the whole thing.

Posted: 15 October 2012 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-04-14
Lord Iffy - 14 October 2012 04:07 PM

No worries, Matty.  smile

Thank you again for your help! smile

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART

Posted: 15 October 2012 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  268
Joined  2006-05-09

I have been up to my ears, but I will run through loading the DS/poser into Carrara and see how it goes.

Signature 

Carrara Cafe

Posted: 16 October 2012 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2004-12-08

How much memory do you have?
I had a similar problem that was caused by low memory. It only happened when I rendered in a new window
or the active viewport. It seems studio doesn’t give back all the memory after every render so I ended up
with a render crash and lock up after a couple renders.
I get around it now by only rendering to a file.
I used task manager to watch my memory get eaten up.
PS: that ship looks like it uses a lot of memory.

Posted: 16 October 2012 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-14
Just Passing Through - 16 October 2012 11:37 AM

I had a similar problem that was caused by low memory. It only happened when I rendered in a new window
or the active viewport. It seems studio doesn’t give back all the memory after every render so I ended up

2 GB of memory.  Mine does not crash, it just when I hit the ok button when that message comes up, it keeps on the timing with the render….and keeps on going and going.

Posted: 16 October 2012 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-04-14

Castellan,

Do you ahve the Clear Undo Script installed? - http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=143150

It does work in DS4 and DS45 and helps free up memory.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART

Posted: 16 October 2012 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-14
Mattymanx - 16 October 2012 06:26 PM

Castellan,

Do you ahve the Clear Undo Script installed? - http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=143150

It does work in DS4 and DS45 and helps free up memory.

I got Daz 3 right now.  When Daz4 first came out, it left a very bad flavor in my mouth with the constant crashing.

By the way, is there any sorta ship parts kit out there like Star Killer’s Constitution TOS kit, but with TMP and o TNG era stuff?

Posted: 16 October 2012 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-04-14
TheCastellan - 16 October 2012 08:14 PM

By the way, is there any sorta ship parts kit out there like Star Killer’s Constitution TOS kit, but with TMP and o TNG era stuff?

Not that I am aware of.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART

Posted: 17 October 2012 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2004-12-08
TheCastellan - 16 October 2012 04:44 PM
Just Passing Through - 16 October 2012 11:37 AM

2 GB of memory.  Mine does not crash, it just when I hit the ok button when that message comes up, it keeps on the timing with the render….and keeps on going and going.

In my mind that is the render engine crashing while studio still runs. The render engine never sends an end of render
back to studio. If you have any reflections and refractions being used in your surfaces, setting them to zero can save
memory in the render engine.

PS: I have four GB useable and It still happens to me after a couple renders to the screen.
    Though I am not saying that we have the same problem, just similar symptoms.

5 of 12