Digital Art Zone

2 of 24
“For my Summer Vacation I went to…”. August Freebie Challenge
Posted: 31 July 2012 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17

This week’s DAZ freebie item fits nicely in with my theme.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/summertime-grill/

go pick it up and start rendering.

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 01 August 2012 12:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1866
Joined  2006-02-17

How about these thumbnails for the icons?

I’ll let you all guess which is which.  grin

Kendall

Image Attachments
entry_thumb.jpg
nae_thumb.jpg
 Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 01 August 2012 03:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2007-05-29

Interesting theme. Though I never had a summer vacation per se. I just had weeks where I didn’t go to school. I suppose you could’ve called them really long weekends.

Must see if I can squeeze in a render.

Signature 

Bloggin’ | DeviantArt

Posted: 01 August 2012 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  588
Joined  2006-08-11
assassin_21 - 01 August 2012 03:56 AM

Interesting theme. Though I never had a summer vacation per se. I just had weeks where I didn’t go to school. I suppose you could’ve called them really long weekends.

Oh .. assasin. here is ahug smile
I was a lot at my grandma.. She lived ona country side, and her neighbours had a pretty big farm. We always enjoyed staying at grandma.. every evening we went to the farm to pick up milk, freshly milked from a cow, went in the mourning to the store to buy yet warm bread and then having it for breakfast,and were peaking strawberries, and rasberries. Our favorite game was collecting the snails.
My sister once collected like 30 of them, and got them to the box, and under her bed… She was very suprised in the mourning, when the box was empty ( when you 6 you do not think about covering the box).. and the snails.. all over the house .

Oh I remember my grandma’s house really good . It was old house, since she passed my unkle lives there, and they made a lot of changes, but I can still remember it pefectly

We also had few family camping trips , we were few times to the beach, to the lakes… 

OOps, sorry to put it on you guys.. just have so much fun memories of summer, and vacations…

Posted: 01 August 2012 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2007-05-29
Krissy - 01 August 2012 02:45 PM

I was a lot at my grandma.. She lived ona country side, and her neighbours had a pretty big farm. We always enjoyed staying at grandma.. every evening we went to the farm to pick up milk, freshly milked from a cow, went in the mourning to the store to buy yet warm bread and then having it for breakfast,and were peaking strawberries, and rasberries. Our favorite game was collecting the snails.
My sister once collected like 30 of them, and got them to the box, and under her bed… She was very suprised in the mourning, when the box was empty ( when you 6 you do not think about covering the box).. and the snails.. all over the house .

Oh I remember my grandma’s house really good . It was old house, since she passed my unkle lives there, and they made a lot of changes, but I can still remember it pefectly

We also had few family camping trips , we were few times to the beach, to the lakes… 

OOps, sorry to put it on you guys.. just have so much fun memories of summer, and vacations…

I lived in the country, with my grandparents (and my aunt ‘n’ uncle, and my dad). Depending on the year, there were two to four horses that needed riding each day, paddocks that required tending after the winter slush had dried up, fences to mend, wood to chop, eggs to collect (if you could find them) ... when the sun went down there were always books to read and stories to write.
Good times. Just not really a vacation as I did it all year round.

Signature 

Bloggin’ | DeviantArt

Posted: 01 August 2012 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1349
Joined  2010-03-01

Hi everybody. I have posted the winners for the July freebie contest. Congratulations to the winners. Now let’s have some summer fun!
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/3187/P765/#63503

Posted: 02 August 2012 01:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-08-11
assassin_21 - 01 August 2012 03:42 PM
Krissy - 01 August 2012 02:45 PM

I lived in the country, with my grandparents (and my aunt ‘n’ uncle, and my dad). Depending on the year, there were two to four horses that needed riding each day, paddocks that required tending after the winter slush had dried up, fences to mend, wood to chop, eggs to collect (if you could find them) ... when the sun went down there were always books to read and stories to write.
Good times. Just not really a vacation as I did it all year round.

Really nice… So you had a busy childhood smile

Thou I understand. My family was also not rich.. we always were jelous when other kids were talking camps and other stuff, but well staying at grandma was also cool :D

Posted: 02 August 2012 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2830
Joined  2010-11-30
BWSman - 29 July 2012 03:52 PM

1. a) Minimum of 10 freebies including at least one from our freebie vendor of the month Hobobo.

On the off-chance somebody doesn’t know where to find HoboBo’s stuff, surf to http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=HoboBo and discover over 2000 downloads… (Some of these are artwork, but the vast majority aren’t.)

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge!

Posted: 02 August 2012 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  609
Joined  2011-05-31

I have decided to donate a prize to the top three winners. I created a sculpted V4 face which I named V4 August Prize. See the image below to see what she looks like. This is just for the face morph which I will not release as a freebie or for sell anywhere. So the only users who will receive her will be the winners and myself. (sorry no textures I don’t have a good resource yet).

Image Attachments
V4AugustPrizePreview.JPG
 Signature 

Known as fictionalbookshelf on Renderosity.
My Freebies
My Store

Posted: 02 August 2012 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5838
Joined  2005-04-16

Very nice!  I’m sure the winners will like her!

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 02 August 2012 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2012-02-12

Agree with Dana. She’s very nice.

I’m not sure to participate this month. Have no Idea yet of what to render.

Signature 

My Deviant Art

Posted: 03 August 2012 12:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1866
Joined  2006-02-17

If one doesn’t get to take vacations, what are our options?  I haven’t had a vacation in 4 years (a week in Florida).  Can we render a “wish for” vacation?  grin

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 03 August 2012 12:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1512
Joined  2011-11-16
Kendall Sears - 03 August 2012 12:04 AM

If one doesn’t get to take vacations, what are our options?  I haven’t had a vacation in 4 years (a week in Florida).  Can we render a “wish for” vacation?  grin

Kendall

Kendall puts forth a very good question. Is this literally something where we have to show what we, ourselves did, or simply showing our characters on vacation?

Posted: 03 August 2012 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5838
Joined  2005-04-16

Sounds kind of simple to me…it’s just like the report in grade school that some teachers used to have the class do.  I suppose some of the kids made things up, especially if they were not as fortunate and just stayed home all summer.  Like me.  But I didn’t make up stories.  In fact, I don’t really remember having to do that.  I remember hearing about other classes that had to write somethign up.  Some classes just had to stand up and tell the class.  Sometimes they had show and tell I guess.  Maybe I had those a couple of times, I can’t remember though.  Maybe I blocked it out of my memory, since it wasn’t fun to hear about the others going to amusement parks, Disneyland, or some mountainous area.

OK, maybe TMI.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 03 August 2012 02:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-08-11
Kendall Sears - 03 August 2012 12:04 AM

Kendall

Well IMO A good book is also a vacation ... :D

And I am sorry guys I am going to disapear for some time. There is something wrong with one of our beloved kitties. She barely walks, got very skinny and do not eat or drink.. and yet yesterday all was good. I am really worried.. I would say she ate something outside, or maybe was attacted by something, but no I am waiting for my man to come home to take her to the vet, and I am afraid for the worst ...

2 of 24