Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
What happen to the installers
Posted: 30 July 2012 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5648
Joined  2005-04-16

I think a lot, if not most, have different runtimes and have a folder above it to name it.  I could be wrong.  But if not, just unzipping to that folder works just fine.

But if not, then it’s simple enough to drag the Runtime folder onto the Poser Runtime folder and it will just put everything where it belongs.  I think most archivers allow drag and drop these days.  Mine does, I use IZArc.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 30 July 2012 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  520
Joined  2010-12-13

I’m a big fan of zip files. Unzipping to a temp folder and dragging to the appropriate place in your installation is STILL a lot fewer clicks than any of the old installers. I went on a mini-binge last nite with the PC items open season and got zip files + 2 or 3 generations of exe installers. Knowing which generation of installers needed which default options disabled always required care and attention, not to mention the umpteen button clicks. Did I mention I’m a fan of zip files? Oorah! grin

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery
Old post count 1725 (seems lame compared to some)

Posted: 30 July 2012 09:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  180
Joined  0
chohole - 29 July 2012 01:12 PM

Can you submit a support ticket on this please. THere does seem to be a problem. Use the Zendesk support and Tech SUpport as the dept.

Will do, definitely.

Signature 

“It is small and broken, but still good. Still good.”
—Lilo & Stitch—

My Content Paradise Store
My Freebies

Posted: 31 July 2012 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2003-10-09

Don’t worry I am getting to point in my downloads from Daz I will start to learn to install zip programs into poser 9, I didn’t tell most all you I was down from 9/11 to 4/12 the person who upgrade my old computer turn it into a paper weight. Just in 4/12 I got a new computer after two month delay. Seven monthes I want to render I have wait in begining I just rush things to just get going again so I made mistakes installing programs in poser 9 and time limits I can be the computer now I am all most done restalling most programs from Daz into poser 9.

2 of 2