Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
Free M5 textures?
Posted: 28 July 2012 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  748
Joined  2011-05-17

Anyone know of any, like the title suggests? I’m only finding M4 ones.

Posted: 28 July 2012 10:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4921
Joined  2008-03-06

I don’t know of any, and I watch the main freebie sites and DAZ pretty closely.  I think M5 just hasn’t been out long enough, and a lot of us are using textures and mats for the M4 UV with our Genesis characters.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 29 July 2012 04:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19

Given the interchangeability of textures between M4 and M5, I suspect most people will label freebies as for M4, even if they had Genesis in mind when developing them.

Posted: 30 July 2012 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2009-04-27

I thought M5 was going to be the next big thing, but there’s been little development since its release. There’s maybe 4 or 5 skins and MEC4D’s Unshaven for M5, but thats really it. I recently purchased Tyrese for M5 but was unimpressed with it. It was just a rehash of the M4 version….I felt ripped off. The store has really gone downhill since the remodel, so I wouldn’t expect anything free for M5….ever.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/real-hairy
http://mikeyftl.deviantart.com/

Posted: 30 July 2012 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3368
Joined  2009-08-05

I for one am hoping 3Duniverse creates a plugin to convert gen4 textures to gen5 for Texture converter2. I asked but got no response…

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 30 July 2012 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1807
Joined  2003-10-09

I am working on this moment for a M5 bundle an original one not converted from M5 , including great textures , 3d hair, and some clothing with dynamic morphs , exclusive for M5

Cath

Signature 

Just Released :The Aviatrix &  The Vampire Huntress
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 30 July 2012 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

Gen textures?

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 30 July 2012 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

bellow just example of the dynamic pose morphs of some of the clothing I work on for the bundle , that can be animated wink , the textures are my Buddy on M5 as I don’t wanna show yet the new one as I am still working on, render in DS4

Image Attachments
shirt-shorts-m5bw.jpg
shirt-shorts-m52bw.jpg
 Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 30 July 2012 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

yes that for sure , it will be full character with everything including gens textures

Zev0 - 30 July 2012 03:50 PM

Gen textures?

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 30 July 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

Joy:)

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 30 July 2012 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1586
Joined  2008-11-10
MikeyFTL - 30 July 2012 09:22 AM

I recently purchased Tyrese for M5 but was unimpressed with it. It was just a rehash of the M4 version….I felt ripped off.

This is actually why we called it the same name for M5 and not a different one… However the textures were redone for M5 so they are much better but the kept the M4 UV so that M4 users can use the updated textures.  Also the custom morphs from M4 did not automatically convert from M4 without major errors so those had to be redone (and improved) and creating the M5 gens textures with the corresponding hip textures for all the options.. which people have been asking for… which basically resulted in the work of actually redoing the character… which is similar to what was done with Santo (which we ended up splitting into several packages due to the sheer size) and our other M4/Genesis products where we did the double work at the same time but had to eat the costs of doing both.

Our other M4-only products are getting fully updated as well to M5 and our Genesis characters that didn’t include gens textures will be getting addons, and hopefully the store can now handle discounts for previous owners now, which wasn’t available to us when we released Tyrese. And with those items available to give them more options for M5 body and head shapes and gens textures with are aren’t available with a lot of charcters.

Then we can concentrate on the two new exclusive M5s, one using a photo reference that’s not available anywhere else (and that’s all I’m going to say about that wink )

Posted: 30 July 2012 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6175
Joined  2003-10-09

Mec4D:
While your attention may still be drawn to this thread, I wonder if you have considered a product in the same vein as your Unshaven products…
A hair for Genesis heads which could have a groom room for styles like short hair, bald with fringe, flat-top, etc.
I have your other Unshaven products and would very much like to have it.
Oh and a V5 Unshaven for
down there.

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
“I hope that after I die, people will say of me: ‘That guy sure owed me a lot of money.’” - Jack Handey

Posted: 30 July 2012 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

If you want hair down there for V5 it already has been developed here:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/4101/P105

Agreed. An unshaven set for head hair and styles like the beard will be fantastic.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 30 July 2012 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

yes I know what you talking about the unshaven pubic was kinder to wild for V5 and she deserve nice one with many variations , beside I am working on the scalp hair for my M5 character also in the style as unshaven , the long hair would works also as long you don;t change the proportions between the head and torso , scaling down will not affect . but for the shorter style for my M5 character will be no problem, also eyebrows coming and additional beard to match him complete .

tjohn - 30 July 2012 06:52 PM

Mec4D:
While your attention may still be drawn to this thread, I wonder if you have considered a product in the same vein as your Unshaven products…
A hair for Genesis heads which could have a groom room for styles like short hair, bald with fringe, flat-top, etc.
I have your other Unshaven products and would very much like to have it.
Oh and a V5 Unshaven for
down there.

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 30 July 2012 09:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  748
Joined  2011-05-17

Yeah, I have no issues converting M4 textures to M5, they usually look great. I rarely do renders where this is an issue, but M4 gen textures do NOT map well to the m5 gens, and while I’m not rendering and close up nude crotch shots, I still would rather have something a LITTLE better than the giant square of generic stomach texture that I’ve been forced to use. I tried manually editing m4 gen textures (I used Rob’s), but it’s tricky and I’d rather not have my roommates walk in and see a 1920x1080 genj texture on my computer screen xD

Posted: 30 July 2012 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1242
Joined  2004-08-24
Zev0 - 30 July 2012 01:26 PM

I for one am hoping 3Duniverse creates a plugin to convert gen4 textures to gen5 for Texture converter2. I asked but got no response…

There’s no need for a plugin, because you already can use ANY gen4 texture on any genesis character. 

After you put the texture on your character, if it doesn’t look right, just go to the Surfaces tab, select Genesis, and then look for “UV set” on the right.  Change it to whatever Gen4 character’s texture you used.

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

1 of 3