Digital Art Zone

Can anybody replicate this?
Posted: 28 July 2012 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1860
Joined  2006-02-17

Looking for confirmation from a 3rd party.  This is a Millennium Dragon 2, scaled up 500-600%.  Carrara really doesn’t like it, but DS4 has no problems.  EDIT TO REINSERT MUNCHED INFO:  This was loaded from a .duf file saved from DS4.5rc3.

Latest beta.  Windows 32bit.

Kendall

Image Attachments
Screenshot-46.png
Screenshot-47.png
 Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 28 July 2012 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  271
Joined  2005-08-20

Oh, looks like Carrara doesn’t do bends.

Signature 

*Sigh* Window->Tabs->Tool Settings->Draw Style->Manipulation: Off
Yeah. It’s like that.

Posted: 28 July 2012 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  647
Joined  2005-03-08

I scaled mine from 500 to 7,500% posed and unposed with no probs

Carrara 8.5beta 64

image of dragon scaled at 7,500% & posed

Image Attachments
dragon2.jpg
 Signature 

“I am,... Therefore I think”

Posted: 28 July 2012 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5405
Joined  2006-08-27

Did you do a pose where it asked if you wanted to leave limits on or turn them off? If so, did you turn them off?

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 28 July 2012 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
evilproducer - 28 July 2012 08:55 PM

Did you do a pose where it asked if you wanted to leave limits on or turn them off? If so, did you turn them off?

Nope.  Posed in DS4 saved as .duf,  I’m trying to determine where the issue may lie.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 28 July 2012 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17

It seems related to the .duf saved by ds4.  Everything is within limits, but when pulled into C it mangles the poor dragon.  The larger the scale the more the damage.

Thanks everyone.  I didn’t want to report something until I could determine the issue.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 28 July 2012 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27
Kendall Sears - 28 July 2012 09:01 PM

Nope.  Posed in DS4 saved as .duf,  I’m trying to determine where the issue may lie.

Kendall

That information would have more relevant in the first post. Stezza posted an example, but it could have been loaded directly from the Carrara Browser. If the method of import was mentioned, Stezza or someone else could have attempted your method as well, and confirmed the bug. Still can, but it would lead to less confusion.

Signature 

Posted: 28 July 2012 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
evilproducer - 28 July 2012 09:23 PM

Kendall

That information would have more relevant in the first post. Stezza posted an example, but it could have been loaded directly from the Carrara Browser. If the method of import was mentioned, Stezza or someone else could have attempted your method as well, and confirmed the bug. Still can, but it would lead to less confusion.

It *was* there when I initially created the post.  There was an error submitting (login-logout dancing) and it looks like that part got munched.  I didn’t see that it was missing until your post.  And yes, that does make a big difference.  grin

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 28 July 2012 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27
Kendall Sears - 28 July 2012 09:30 PM
evilproducer - 28 July 2012 09:23 PM

Kendall

It *was* there when I initially created the post.  There was an error submitting (login-logout dancing) and it looks like that part got munched.  I didn’t see that it was missing until your post.  And yes, that does make a big difference.  grin

Kendall

Yeesh! I wish they’d get these forums back up to speed! I know the old ones were held together by spit and baling twine, but at least they had a certain inherent functionality.

Signature 

Posted: 29 July 2012 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-03-08

with the extra info added, this has been replicated.

Latest DazStudio 4.5B

Latest Carrara 8.5B

Image Attachments
dragon2duf.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 29 July 2012 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Stezza - 29 July 2012 06:02 PM

with the extra info added, this has been replicated.

Latest DazStudio 4.5B

Latest Carrara 8.5B

Thanks for your effort.  Do you want to report it, or shall I?

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 29 July 2012 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-03-08

you can… I can’t or couldn’t on the old site ever get into that section. wink

cheers

Signature