Digital Art Zone

renderosity and genesis
Posted: 28 July 2012 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2007-08-19

I know I’m not the only one here who shops at both places. Has anyone ever downloaded a Genesis clothing product from Renderosity? Were you able to get it to work in Carrara and how?

Posted: 28 July 2012 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  959
Joined  2006-06-12

Hello Torkuda

I haven’t but it might be a good idea to ask this over in the Renderosity forums.
In the Daz forums things get lost pretty easily.

Signature 

There is a serious tendency toward capitalism among the well-to-do peasants.
Mao Tse-Tung

Posted: 28 July 2012 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-19

I am asking over there. A few fellow customers are trying to help, but the staff would rather just tell me to talk to the vendor rather than answer any questions.

Posted: 28 July 2012 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2011-05-27

I’m not much of a DS user, but with Carrara Genesis SOMEWHERE around the corner, I picked up a couple of Genesis items from Renderosity to prep for a project I hope to start… eventually.
Neither of the Genesis items worked, at all, in Carrara. 
The items were from all different vendors.  Each of the vendors were very helpful when I contacted them, but what can they do? 
Everything works smoothly in DAZ Studio, but wouldn’t even load in the Carrara 8.5 beta.
This was… about three weeks ago. 
Made me very pessimistic about how close we are to seeing a working 8.5 any time soon.

Posted: 28 July 2012 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1844
Joined  2006-02-17

I normally avoid Rendo, but most of SickleYield’s stuff is there.  I’ve purchased and used Sickle’s Genesis stuff with no problems.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 29 July 2012 12:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-19

And it’s his stuff I can’t use actually. How did you get it working?

Posted: 29 July 2012 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2011-05-27

Actually, one of the products I’m referring to is a SickleYield item. 
Nothing against the vendor… it works just fine in DAZ Studio.  Just not in Carrara.
One of the things I’ve noticed was that, when clicking on the item, the size is wildly distorted in the Transform tab.  The size is listed as -166666666, or something crazy like that, across the XYZ parameters. 
None of the other Genesis items I’ve played with so far seem to do that. 
After adjusting the numbers to something more normal, it doesn’t help the situation… but clearly there’s some problem.