Digital Art Zone

12 of 12
Completely new to Carrara and 3D, Badly Need “Where To Start” Advice
Posted: 20 September 2012 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 166 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  109
Joined  2012-07-27
PhilW - 19 September 2012 04:08 PM

Bobh,  The Jeremy Birn book is very well known - a good choice and I am sure that you will pick up a lot from it.

I already am - thanks, PhilW.  And by the way, I’ve also purchased both of your Infinite Skills tutorial sets.  Excellent “hit the ground running” stuff, hopefully I will get good enough to actually need the advanced set.

grin

Posted: 20 September 2012 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 167 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1059
Joined  2005-04-12
bobh - 20 September 2012 08:40 AM

Bobh,  The Jeremy Birn book is very well known - a good choice and I am sure that you will pick up a lot from it.

I already am - thanks, PhilW.  And by the way, I’ve also purchased both of your Infinite Skills tutorial sets.  Excellent “hit the ground running” stuff, hopefully I will get good enough to actually need the advanced set.

grin

Good man!  wink  The first set is more about the individual features, while the “Advanced” set goes more into modelling and working on specific projects, so you should be able to dip in and out as you see fit, once you have the basics under your belt.  Actually I wanted to call it “Carrara Projects” rather than “Advanced Carrara”, but Infinite Skills made the final decision on that!

Posted: 20 September 2012 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 168 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  0
PhilW - 20 September 2012 09:14 AM
bobh - 20 September 2012 08:40 AM

grin

Good man!  wink  The first set is more about the individual features, while the “Advanced” set goes more into modelling and working on specific projects, so you should be able to dip in and out as you see fit, once you have the basics under your belt.  Actually I wanted to call it “Carrara Projects” rather than “Advanced Carrara”, but Infinite Skills made the final decision on that!

I tend to read the software product manuals, which are good at showing how to navigate around the interface and find features, but are usually bad or weak at showing practical use of the features. I appreciated going through the project based approach Phil uses in the ‘Advance Carrara’ tutorial set.

Signature 

cool smile  Visit my YouTube channel —> http://www.youtube.com/user/cyborgty?feature=mhee
or use this playlist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKdlOjtcvxg&list=UUbrvijuqAchqlzHyuvbOv1w

Posted: 20 September 2012 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 169 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1059
Joined  2007-10-15
bobh - 20 September 2012 08:38 AM

Hahahaha - right on queue.  I was wondering what kind of fire that would draw - I was almost able to set my watch by this one.  LOL wink

Exactly. Someone posts nonsense, and luckily there’s someone around to make the correction. You’re welcome.

12 of 12